Orchid Charm

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “ooh, this is very nice! A delicate and subtle raw pu-erh. I have steeped this in the gaiwan with short infusions with around 180 F water per the instruction notes. Leaves were rinsed and the first...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “Thanks so much *Amy Oh* for this sample! Well this certainly is a delicate tea. Very light, too bad I over-steeped the second infusion a little. Oh well. Anyhow, after reading Amy's note, I've...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes

From Bana Tea Company

Weight: 50 grams (1.76 oz.) or 100 grams (3.5 oz.) loose leaf
Type: Raw Pu-erh (non-fermented)
Grade: 3 & 4
Production area: Lincang, Yunnan Province

Orchid is cherished for its elegance and auspiciousness among Chinese. It is also a fragrance that is present only in the highest quality Pu-erh teas picked from the ancient tea trees. This tea has a comforting and delicate quality which leaves the flavor of orchid subtly lingering around the mouth. To best capture its orchid scent, over-brewing should be avoided and the water should be somewhat more temperate than that used with most other teas. This tea is a great companion while reading a good book.

About Bana Tea Company View company

Leaves were rinsed and the first infusion was discarded. The leaves smell faintly earthy and floral. The tea itself is very mild and relaxing! I am surprised and very pleased so far with these shengs from the Bana Tea Company. I am picking up a slight apple taste with white button mushroom type flavor. Almost like a white tea in the subtle and sweet flavor with just a hint of malt. Very nice for a relaxing afternoon tea. :)

Tamm

This sounds so interesting! I’ve been so tempted to pick Bana tea as my intro to pu-erh.

TeaBrat

I would recommend it!

Tamm

Did you get this one as part of the sampler? They look amazing!

TeaBrat

yes, I got the raw puerh and the cooked puerh samplers.

Thanks so much Amy Oh for this sample!
Anyhow, after reading Amy’s note, I’ve decided that yes… it’s mushroom that I tasted! yep yep. I’m not sure what white button tastes like(is that the normal store bought kind?), but it was a very specific mushroom flavour that I am thinking of. Something I grew up with? Hmmm.
Anyhow, side by side with the Tamarind Pop, this one was my less favoured cup. I enjoyed it, but the other one drew me in more.
I don’t see myself craving it again for some reason but I’m really not sure why. If I ever figure that out I’ll post it… HMMM!
Thanks again Amy :)