Bada Mountain Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Time for some shu this morning.... :) I gave these leaves a quick rinse and am using about 1 tsp. of leaf in the gaiwan. I tossed out the first infusion, a lot of times I don't drink those....” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes

From Bana Tea Company

99 Bada Shan Pu’erh Cake (1999 vintage – Autumn harvest)
Weight: 300g
Type: Ripe (fermented) Pu’erh (Grades 3-6)
Production area: Xishuangbanna Prefecture, Yunnan Province

Taste characteristics:
This nine-year-old ripe Pu’erh tea is harvested from ancient trees. The infusion is dark orange and is the perfect drink for a lazy afternoon or after a long day of work. The tea is not only very aromatic, it possesses of a bouquet of complex flavors that is relaxing and satisfying and provides a long-lasting lychee aftertaste. This tea retains its flavor after multiple infusions better than most ripe Pu’erh teas.

About Bana Tea Company View company

Time for some shu this morning…. :)

I gave these leaves a quick rinse and am using about 1 tsp. of leaf in the gaiwan. I tossed out the first infusion, a lot of times I don’t drink those.

2nd infusion: This tea has a very intense woodsy aroma, almost smoky like. Very assertive, a bit too strong. Steeped for 30 seconds.

3rd infusion: steeped for 10 seconds. This tea is a beautiful dark orange/brown. Color is like burnt sienna. I am picking up on so many complex flavors. Woodsy, smoky, but also with a tiny hint of plum. Smelling a bit of the camphor here.

4th infusion: 20 seconds – getting a bit more mellow. Smoke is leaning into mustiness. Some chestnut and caramel notes are starting to surface here and the camphor is retreating. This may be my favorite infusion so far. This tea is very meditative, almost spiritual.

5th infusion: 30 seconds. Here I am starting to pick up on the lychee flavor. This is turning into a delicate mouthfeel.

Wow, this really is a great tea! I think I would have rated it a little bit higher if not for all the camphor but it is really an intense and wonderful tasting experience. I do recommend checking it out! It is quite fun!

ScottTeaMan

I just checked their website and thought this was really expensive, but with multiple steeps, and being aged, it is rather economical.

ScottTeaMan

Amy, do you measure the pu-erh, or do you guesstimate the amount?

ScottTeaMan

Like I mentioned before, MANY Darjeelings are more expensive, because they are not suitable for multiple infusions, like Pu-erhs and Oolongs.

TeaBrat