Gold Blend

Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Joker

• “This is the tea I drink most often, and it's a perfect one. The taste is comfortable and substantial enough that its satisfying to drink and sufficiently warms you up, but it's not an overpowering...” Read full tasting note
    crocodile 1 tasting notes
  • “When I am watching my 7 mo. old daughter, making breakfast and putting a lunch together, at dawn, this is a go-to tea. I love loose leaf tea, but a bag of Barry's and a splash of milk is hard to...” Read full tasting note
    chrismarch 22 tasting notes
  • “I really LOVE drinking this tea, it is one of my go-to favorites...any time of day! The aroma of this tea is the typical black tea aroma...somewhat bold, smooth and a little caramel. The...” Read full tasting note
    MacchaMan 54 tasting notes
  • “Autumn, possibly winter, has blown in today. Lake Michigan looks like Galway Bay today. A golden cup of Barry's is reliable and comforting. On this side of the window, anyway.” Read full tasting note
    teasquared 39 tasting notes

From Barry's Tea

Barry’s Gold Blend Tea is the company’s flagship brand.

Barry’s Tea are leaders in the Gold blend sector of the market. The finest quality teas from the high mountain slopes of Kenya and the Assam Valley of India are skillfully selected for Gold Blend. It has a uniquely refreshing taste and a bright golden colour.

Made in Ireland

About Barry's Tea View company

This is the tea I drink most often, and it’s a perfect one. The taste is comfortable and substantial enough that its satisfying to drink and sufficiently warms you up, but it’s not an overpowering flavor. I always add a bit of sugar and milk.

rabbysmom

I really want to try this b/c I love Twinings Irish Breakfast. Wonder what the difference is b/w this Gold Blend and their original that comes in the green package?

When I am watching my 7 mo. old daughter, making breakfast and putting a lunch together, at dawn, this is a go-to tea. I love loose leaf tea, but a bag of Barry’s and a splash of milk is hard to beat in that situation.

I brew one bag with 12oz water in a 17oz porcelain teapot. With a generous splash of milk, it comes out to one of the smoothest tasting strong black teas I’ve found.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really LOVE drinking this tea, it is one of my go-to favorites…any time of day!

The aroma of this tea is the typical black tea aroma…somewhat bold, smooth and a little caramel.

The color of the steeped liquor is a dark amber.

As for the taste, it reflects the aroma, it is bold but not assertive, bright but not astringent, very smooth for a black tea more so than say Lipton with a caramel sweetness that is always present but does not overpower the taste profile or characteristics of this tea; also, the taste is very smooth for a black tea…no matter how long it steeps, it never gets bitter or astringent, it stays bold, smooth, sweet and enjoyable.

The aftertaste on the tongue and palate is smooth and mellow; there is no bitterness, astringency or drying mouth feel.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

Autumn, possibly winter, has blown in today. Lake Michigan looks like Galway Bay today. A golden cup of Barry’s is reliable and comforting. On this side of the window, anyway.

This is my favorite tea to drink in the morning with a splash of milk. Always smooth, very little (if at all) astringency compared to other black teas. Faint caramel notes.

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

My suitcase would be full of this when I had to leave Ireland go back to England to work.

I needed a bagged tea for work, and this really is working out great. It’s difficult to find bagged tea that is strong and flavorful enough to compete with loose.

One of my favorite morning teas. Great with milk and sugar, or agave. Has a nice bite and works well in place of coffee. One bag is strong enough for a very large mug.

I thought this was supposed to be a gold color but my steep turned darker. This has a nice sweet flavor that stays with you.

So strong, but so good. I first got a taste of this tea when my boyfriend’s father brought me a box for Christmas. I don’t bother with milk for this one, just some sugar, raw if I’ve got it. If nothing else wakes you up in the morning, this will. It can be a bit bitter, but so can chocolate, and I still love chocolate as well. And just a quick note for migrane sufferers, mother tried a cup of this tea when she had a migrane one day (sometimes the caffeine helps her), and she claims that the headache was gone before she finished the cup!