Gold Blend Tea Bags

Edit tea info Last updated by Tom Baker

From Barry's Tea

A blend of the finest quality teas from the mountain slopes of Kenya, Rwanda and the Assam Valley of India. It has a uniquely refreshing flavour and bright golden colour.

Barry’s Gold Blend tea, Ireland’s favourite tea…the special tea for anytime.

About Barry's Tea View company

Quickly becoming the bagged tea of choice for my humans. Yes, bagged tea. They still strongly prefer loose leaf tea, so don’t get too disheartened. This is just a GOOD bagged tea. http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/review-english-tea-stores-barrys-gold.html

It’s a white Christmas in New York! :-) I’m visiting home, so this is what’s in my cup. Merry Christmas, Steepster!

TheTeaFairy

Merry Xmas to you also!

I should note that I am a tea lover, not a tea expert. Barry’s Gold Blend tea is what I usually drink in the morning. It is a robust black tea that holds its own, even with plenty of milk. I myself drink it with skim milk—no sugar, although I am sure that it could take quite a large amount of sugar. I actually do recommend it with milk because I think that the tea brings out a certain sweetness in the milk.

To prepare the tea, I place the bag in my mug and pour in my milk while the water is in my electric kettle. I try to pour the water as soon as it reaches its boiling point, although sometimes I scramble to do so. Usually, I let the tea steep for about five to seven minutes, but this is only a rough estimate since I make my tea while I get ready for the day. I like my tea good and strong, and this blend offers both.

Barr’y Gold had a pleasant, mild, though somewhat bland flavor (with milk and sugar), even though I steeped it for five and a half minutes. It also had an unplesant drying, astringent affect on the tongue and palate.

Solid tea. Seems to be more brisk than your traditional english tea (PG/twinings/yorkshire). I’m glad i bought a box of 80. This will be a good workhorse tea.

This is my “go to” tea when on travel. Great wake-up tea, strong with a wee bit of milk. I am not a fan of tea bags, but perfect when traveling. This is not always easy to find as loose tea.

My favorite tea! Barry’s Gold Blend Tea bags are very strong, easily 2 cups from one tea bag; possibly more if you boil for awhile.
I microwave or boil because I like a very strong tea; and I prefer it with half and half or cream, and various non-sugar sweeteners.
I have not tasted Barry’s Breakfast Tea or their stronger version.

This is the tea that turned me on to Tea! I received a free box at an event and started drinking it on my days off. My kids started to ask for it and then I had to find it in a local store. Lucky for me there are plenty of stores that carry this tea. I have moved on to loose leaf teas, however there is nothing like a great cuppa Barry’s to get me going in the morning.

Definitely biased about this tea. To me, this is the tea that introduced me to tea. Even though I intellectually know that it is not as “good” as some teas, I still love it so much! I steep the heck out of it and then put in plenty of milk and sugar. Years of having it before dance competitions has conditioned me to want it whenever I am going into a stressful situation.

My favorite morning breakfast tea. Got turned on to this blend when I found it on clearance at a store and figured I’d give it a shot. Now I’m more than willing to pay full price.

Strong enough to wake me up, but pretty smooth for a black tea blend. As others mentioned, this one goes bitter pretty quick if you let it steep too long.