Divine Temptation

Black Tea, Hazelnut, Nougat
Marshmallow, Roasted nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “I picked up more of this when I was in Vancouver last week. I can't get over how much it's grown on me. Yeah, it's sweet, but not in an artificial, weird way. I don't necessarily get hazelnut,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes
  • “mmmmm thank you cavocorax! I quite like this one. It's creamy and nougaty and over all pretty darn delicious. I'm glad i have enough for a couple of cups of this so i can figure out where this...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *CrowKettle* for the bag of this! It's going next to my Butiki teas! I don't really taste much of the base but I love the smell of this, and the hazelnut is really good. I'm happy to...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipping this one (also with real soy creamer instead of powdered milk) this evening. So delicious. A little sweet, nutty (but not bitter), etc. I'll have to pick up more of this one. I can see why...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1569 tasting notes

From Bayswater Tea Co.

black tea, hazelnut, Belgian nougat.

1 heaping “tea measuring spoon” for 1 cup of water. Steep 3-5 minutes.

About Bayswater Tea Co. View company

I picked up more of this when I was in Vancouver last week. I can’t get over how much it’s grown on me. Yeah, it’s sweet, but not in an artificial, weird way.

I don’t necessarily get hazelnut, but it’s definitely nuts combined with nougat which more accurately tastes like Lucky Charms marshmallows, as previously mentioned.

With half-and-half this is all I want. Maybe it’s a hormonal thing but geez, 1/4 of the package already gone.

Jillian

I visit Vancouver fairly often but I don’t think I’ve heard of the Bayswater Tea Co – what part of the city are they in?

Fjellrev

Kitsilano, on W Broadway. Very easy to get to by bus. It’s a gem!

Jillian

I’ll have to check it out next time I’m there – thanks! :)

OMGsrsly

I’m trying to decide what to drink next. Maybe I’ll have this one. :) Sure is tasty.

mmmmm thank you cavocorax! I quite like this one. It’s creamy and nougaty and over all pretty darn delicious. I’m glad i have enough for a couple of cups of this so i can figure out where this should sit in terms of re-orders/ rotations in my cupboard. mmmm really nice!

Cavocorax

Did I wrap those well enough for you? :)
ALL THE LAYERS!!!

Yep. I lost a little of one of the teas omg sent me though because I expected a bag in the tin foil lol. Haha

OMGsrsly

I’m bad about that one. I made bags out of the tin foil..

lol it’s ok. I just wasn’t expecting it. I did catch most of the team on my lap though..so that’s good :)

OMGsrsly

I finally managed to get little plastic baggies! So next time it will be safer.

Kittenna

Ooh, glad I read this, otherwise I might have lost some Lemon Basil Oolong! Also, the teas are wrapped awesomely, Cavo :D

Thank you CrowKettle for the bag of this! It’s going next to my Butiki teas!
I don’t really taste much of the base but I love the smell of this, and the hazelnut is really good.

I’m happy to have more!

Amariel

It is sooo good. I have a little left…kinda scared to finish it off, cuz then it will be gone, but it is really yummy.

want them to have an ecommerce site like they were supposed to. I despise their site..

Cavocorax

Yeah. Yeahhhhhh. I keep meaning to email them. I’d rather a real website than sending emails back and forth to arrange an order…. Of course I might do it.

Ok, I finally sent an email. :P

Amariel

Their site is pretty sucky, agreed.

they were supposed to revamp the site back in like.. october. that’s what the woman said. but yeah..no change.

Cavocorax

Well, if they reply to my email, I’ll let you guys know!

Sipping this one (also with real soy creamer instead of powdered milk) this evening. So delicious. A little sweet, nutty (but not bitter), etc. I’ll have to pick up more of this one. I can see why it’s the most popular tea the store does.

Fjellrev

Is this one ever dangerous. Already half done my bag.

OMGsrsly

Thankfully it’s not too expensive. :)

Cavocorax

Yep. It’s back on my shopping list.

OH MY GOODNESS. This tea is an absolutely delicious treat! Sweet, nutty, nougatty (uh, is that a word?) … wow. There’s just a hint of amaretto/almond flavour here, but it’s very subtle and therefore quite bearable. … Who am I kidding, this tea is far more than bearable – it’s absolutely freaking delicious. I think I may need to acquire more. And by that, I mean I absolutely must have more once I finish my sample from the very generous Cavocorax.

If you like nougat, and sweet teas….. I highly suggest you try to get your hands on some of this. The name is quite fitting.

Kaylee

how are you drinking these teas so fast?

Kittenna

I brew up a few (4, often) at a time, and write notes as I try out each. I still have partial cups of all of them sitting here, but I’ll drink them in short order :) I just brewed another 3 + re-steeps of others, haha. I drink a lot of tea sometimes!

Kaylee

Interesting technique – I’ll have to give that a try! I only ever have one cup at a time. Your way seems like it would be much more effective for decreasing one’s tea count.

Kittenna

Well, it works for me because I actually prefer my tea to be warm, not hot, so if they cool down, I really don’t care. It’s much more efficient to brew up multiple teas at a time, IMO (especially since my kettle is cheap and doesn’t have a “keep warm” option). I also don’t usually brew up huge mugs of anything, only about 8 oz. cups of each tea, unless I’m trying to sipdown something with a bit too much for 8 oz., or if I’m really craving a tea.

Lol I always have two teas on the the go..
Glad you liked this one Kittenna….the owner of bayswater is getting her website fixed up so hopefully everything will be in order sometime in October a that we have an accurate site to order from. If/when want to. :)

OMGsrsly

Fingers crossed she gets it done! Otherwise, you can phone/email and she’ll ship out.

Sad sipdown….but oh was this ever good today. I might need to bargain with OMGsrsly on getting more of this….

Omg, this is Sweet. I ate one of the nougats from the dry blend and the tea tastes just like it. Along with hazelnut creamer. And a little salt. I added milk and the creamer got creamier. This is almost too rich, guys. I feel like my mouth is coated with butter, sugar, and nutella.

I’m putting this one under potential late fall and winter blends.

Cavocorax

Oooh, maybe I should have bought 100g? I think Kittena is taking 25g, and Sil will probably want a sample too…

But then we can always get more…

CrowKettle

My one complaint is the tea component doesn’t factor in too much; the nougat nutella thing completely swamps it. It reminds me of flavoured hot chocolate a little.

Oh man….. On the plus side cavo, when you’re hear this gives us things to intentionally swap with the folks out west for :)

Wow I said hear not here….I am tired

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’ll be good as a dessert tea. And I bet it will be delicious made into popsicles, too. I might consider adding some Irish Breakfast to up the TEA factor though.. :)

CrowKettle

Mixing this with Irish Breakfast sounds like a fantastic idea. Or a chocolatey black base. Then it might taste like a ferrero rocher.

2007 tasting notes

Snow day! Our students have been given a reprieve because there was an exam today but the university closed due to quite a bit of snow (for southeast Ohio).

Thanks to OMGsrsly for this tea. Nougat and hazelnut sound awesome, and it certainly smells awesome. Sweet, nougaty, marshmallowy, and of course a bit nutty. The flavor is great. It’s funny because just a few days ago I had Eight Candles from Della Terra, which had marshmallows in it and was sweet but not that interesting. This tea has nougat bits in it, which theoretically act in the same way as the dried marshmallows, but the blend is just so much more successful to me.

This tea is really what a dessert tea should be for me: it tastes like a rich, nutty nougat but it’s not actually sweet on the tongue. How does that work? I don’t know, but it does. Plus the base is so much nicer on this one. I mean, it’s not a fine black tea or anything, but it has a presence, and lends body to the blend. There is a hint of bitterness that comes out as it gets cold, but that’s only at the very end and otherwise while warm this is delightful. Thanks for sharing OMGsrsly, this was really nice (and I have enough left to do a Divine Temptation/Creme Brulee mixture as well)!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This comes from Sil! I’ve had this one mixed with Creme Brulee from the same company, but I wanted to try them on their own, so she sent me generous samples of both so I could. Tea Friends are awesome!

Dry this smells INCREDIBLE! Toasted marshmallows and roasty nuts. Very decadent, and it reminds me of roasting marshmallows, and S’mores and camping and fun stuff like that. The steeping smell is the same thing, but more intense. And then best of all: the taste is exactly like the dry and steeping smell completely. I don’t know if this is supposed to be a marshmallow tea but regardless, it’s the best one I’ve ever had.

I’m trying to remember how I rated the mix of the two of these, but I think I like this one ever better – and I definitely remember liking the mix a lot.

Flavors: Marshmallow, Roasted nuts

Cameron B.

Om nom nom marshmallow!

for me, it goes DT>mix>CB

Amariel

It’s supposed to be hazelnut, I believe.

OMGsrsly

It’s hazelnut and nougat! And nougat is basically marshmallow – egg whites and sugar and things.

I bought some of this last winter based on the positive steepster reviews. I remember enjoying it, so picked up some more when I was last in the ’hood.

This is a great dessert tea. It really tastes like nougat, those chewy white bars that had stuff in them, that I can remember chewing on as a kid. It is sweet, definite nougat smell and creamy mouth feel. There is also a nice nutty taste here as well. Not much of a black base but nothing disagreeable either, no bitterness. I wish I had some of their creme brûlée to try a combo with – have to remember for next time. I added cream and a little rock sugar, but will skip the sugar in the next cup, I think this one might be naturally sweet enough.

Very clear and cold tonight. I can’t figure out how to turn the pilot light on for my fireplace. Darn it! – would have been a good night for a toasty fire. Ah well, have turned up the heat, snuggled into my fluffy “mr bear” slippers, lit some candles and watching “call the midwife” on Netflix. Will make another cup of this tea, and should be set for a comfy cozy evening.