Crème Brulee and Divine Temptation

Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “.....and that's a wrap on these two teas. sooo good as a latte tonight! Even with the teas I received today i'm still only at 143 :) that still buys me some time to get down a bit further in my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, so good. It's a little thin feeling today, but I was eyeing the coffee in my cupboard (latte!) so that might be why. Definitely making a latte next.” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1464 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for giving me a pre-blended sample of this, *OMGsrsly*! I actually have both and have blended them before, but this gives me an excuse to write a review here. :p What can I say, the two...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 773 tasting notes
  • “Two at once sipdown so that I can try this recommended combo! I am happy to be drinking these teas again, but sad to be sipping them down right now. I like this blend of the two, especially since...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1962 tasting notes

From Bayswater Tea Co.

A blend of Creme Brulee and Divine Temptation (both black teas) from Bayswater. I drink them this way often enough, I figured I should add them as one tea!

Steep 3-5 min, 195F (90C).

About Bayswater Tea Co. View company

…..and that’s a wrap on these two teas. sooo good as a latte tonight!

Even with the teas I received today i’m still only at 143 :) that still buys me some time to get down a bit further in my cupboard before my butiki order arrives (15+teas!)

Cavocorax

Uhhh.. You do realize I’m bringing samples too right?

MissB

Heh. She’s getting even more from me in our swap. This will get fun really fast! :)

Yeah…I’m pretty much screwed lol the BBB box is also going to be arriving….was well as possibly a swap with CHAroma. Dexter has teas for me too….lol but hey…gotta keep working on my goals as if they can be accomplished! Halving my cupboard took patience and time! Haha

Terri HarpLady

Yep, there are teas headed your way from St. Louis!!
Everyone send Sil more tea! We gotta trash her numbers so she quits making me look like a sipdown slacker, Mwahahahaha!

you ARE a sipdown slacker…nothing you do to me will change that hahaha

Cavocorax

Hahahahaha. I’m with Terri! Who else can send Sil samples? I’ve got her address! :P

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve had a sipdown in a few weeks.
I also haven’t counted my teas, or printed up my monthly tea collection inventory this month. I’m just too busy right now!
But I’m not too busy to drink them, & I’ll get a serious tea count by the end of the year, just in time to print up my Tea Collection Inventory on New Year’s Day! Just for the unofficial record, I suspect that I’m back up around 300+, LOL.

awe my post didn’t post.. what i tried to say was terri…you’ll be at 350+ with MY box that needs to come to you haha

Terri HarpLady

Oh well, the more tea the merrier :D

Tea Sipper

Oh my gosh! 15 Butiki teas! Heaven! :D

Mmm, so good. It’s a little thin feeling today, but I was eyeing the coffee in my cupboard (latte!) so that might be why.

Definitely making a latte next.

Fjellrev

Do you add anything to this, like milk or sugar?

OMGsrsly

I did both today. Usually I just put fake milk or creamer in it. The stuff in the tea is sweet enough for me.

Fjellrev

Cool, me too. Grab some half and half and I’m a happy camper. :)

Thanks for giving me a pre-blended sample of this, OMGsrsly! I actually have both and have blended them before, but this gives me an excuse to write a review here. :p

What can I say, the two really balance each other out, especially since Divine Temptation is quite sweet on its own and Creme Brulee has a coffee bite due to the toasted hazelnuts. The two make one powerhouse of a blend.

I’m enjoying this with 2% milk today but I like it even more with half and half.

You’re welcome! :)

1962 tasting notes

I like this blend of the two, especially since the divine temptation mellows the smokiness of the creme brûlée. However, I still love the divine temptation by itself most of all, and I may seriously have to acquire more of that tea eventually. I am a sucker for a well-done desert tea!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Both are so exquisite. :D

OMGsrsly

I love these teas! So glad I unthinkingly got 100g of each the last time I was in. :)

1943 tasting notes

Sipdown, but somehow this one wasn’t added to my Steepster cupboard so my number wont actually be decreasing; which is a little bit saddening.

I just finished watching the double eviction with Tre and it was horribly predictable and anit-climactic. I hate this whole “best for the house” and “unanimous decision” way of playing Big Brother; true big brother is not played that way. Big Moves are made, and contestants are not scared of making the decisions that further their game and voting for who they want out instead of who the HOH tells them to. By this late into the season there should be a major divide in the eviction votes, and that’s not happening. These players are scared, and it certainly doesn’t help that more than half the cast this year (and pretty well everyone remaining except Derrick) were totally unfamiliar with the show before being on it.

Ugh. I’m just disappointed right now. It’s sad that the highlight of the night was Christine getting booed when she was evicted because I couldn’t even enjoy that; the level to which she was booed? Pretty heartless. Not even Aaryn, from last season, received that negative response and she was practically evil.

Anyway, the tea. That’s what you all care about, right? Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. I think you got it from OMGsrsly right? I think this is her “custom blend” if I’m remembering that correctly. Honestly, I’ve never had either of these teas individually so together was an interesting experience. I only had a vague idea what flavour was coming from which tea.

First off, wow. I made this in my timolino and the mouth watering deliciousness of this one was shocking. I honestly had no expectation this one could come close to being that good. The most prominent, mouth watering notes in this were caramel, custard, vanilla, and sponge toffee – all of which were accented with lighter notes of mocha, chocolate, and perhaps some subtle nuttiness. Just because of the balance of flavours, I’m assuming I was picking up on the Creme Brulee more than the Divine Temptation?

Also, the black base here was SUPER smooth. Like, Mike Boogie/Dr. Will Kirby smooth. That’s a big brother reference; apologies to the non Big Brother watching Steepsterites who probably don’t get it; but I think it’s fairly witty if you do know what I’m talking about? They were basically one of the best alliances (arguably THE BEST) in American Big Brother history – in great deal because they had one of the smoothest/most seamless social games in BB history.

I think the reference kinda suffers if I have to explain it though. Oh well. Anyway; I’m crushed I’m out of this now that I know how good it is. Next mini-goal, I suppose, will be trying each of the teas in this individually?

OMGsrsly

Haha. I had been sending them out individually and together. I don’t have anything but the blend left, or I’d offer to send you some. :)

VariaTEA

Yay! Glad you liked it. Cavocorax is actually the one who shared this and I thought I passed some along cuz it’s so amazing. One of these days I hope to get a hold of more of these teas as they are amazing both individually and together.

OMGsrsly

(You can place an order with me, VariaTEA! I don’t mind going tea shopping for other people. ;) )

Cameron B.

Ooooh I want in on that! Both of these teas sound amazing! :D

OMGsrsly

Yep, I volunteer my services to do tea shopping in Vancouver. You can email Bayswater and order that way, but shipping can get quite expensive. Well. It can with me as well, but that’s shipping in Canada.

bug me later when i’m not in the middle of things… i have both separate as i mix them when i go to make it.

aisling of tea

We just caught up to the double eviction today and oh my god. Christine getting booed caught us off guard, that just doesn’t happen. Even the most hated people don’t get booed. I’m so, so glad she’s gone, though!!

Roswell Strange

On man; her getting booed was INTENSE. And it totally wasn’t for her game either; America tastes notice to shifty personal behavior!

aisling of tea

Even Julie called her on it. When asked by EW what she thought of the booing her response was “No one wants to watch a woman make a fool of her husband.” Like, dang!

Fun fact! If you steep this super-concentrated and then fill your cup with ice and then add milk, it is DELICIOUS.

Are you surprised? Probably not. This tea is great.

Sami Kelsh

This sounds like joy. JOY.

OMGsrsly

Ooo, I have to make this tomorrow morning!

1924 tasting notes

So I have tried (and loved) both of these two teas separately. However, I liked them so much, I never got to try out OMGsrsly’s beloved combination of the two since I drank them up too quickly on their own. Luckily, Cavocorax was sweet enough to share some of the preblended mix so I wouldn’t be tempted to drink them separately again.

Honestly, this is VERY good. At first I am noticing the delicious creme brulee sugar crust – all warm and gooey and amazingly glazed. As I continue to sip, the sweet nougat appears and coats your mouth so that when you are all done, it is almost as if you had a tasty dessert treat. Thank you Cavocorax for sharing this with me! I look forward to trying this as a latte next :)

Cavocorax

Right? They should really sell it like this. Also they should REALLY just sell tea online. Someone should just link the page of Bayswater reveiws to the vendor so they can see the demand!

VariaTEA

It would be pretty awesome if they sold it online. I really want more of both the teas. Tbh, this is good but I think I would prefer having them separate just so I can decide if I want one, the other, or the two together.

OMGsrsly

I mix them 25g at a time, because I have a 50g tin dedicated to this tea. :) So there’s almost always unmixed teas in the cupboard as well.

And yes, it would be super great if they would sell online. Seriously, drop down menus and paypal links. Ta-da!