Oolong Tea
Floral, Gardenias, Milk, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Amarok

From Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company

This tea is the first in our starting line up of fantastic High Mountain Oolong Tea. It has a floral fragrance and after taste; a light body but thicker than water that coats the throat nicely. We’re sure you’ll love this tea! At this price and with this quality it’s a great daily drinker! Our Four Season Oolong comes to us from our farmer in Shan Lin Xi. This area is a mile above sea level. It has excellent climate and soil for producing world class teas. This is the only tea we have that is not hand picked off the plant but all the rest of the production is done by hand and it’s FRESH! If you are new to high mountain oolongs this is a great place to start. Although this is our “cheap oolong tea”, the quality is there.

Location: Shan Lin Xi, Nantou county, Central Taiwan.

Chinese name: 杉林溪四季春烏龍茶/Si Ji Chun Oolong Cha

About Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company View company

Andrew is continuing the tour de oolong, and brought me by a nice stop. Smelling and tasting this reminded me of a description on the Mountain Tea: " it is light yet buttery with lingering flowery finish of morning gardenias and warm milk." I know it’s another company, but those are the words that stick out in my head. Gardenias and warm milk rings, granting an instant visual of spring. This one took a little bit to steep with an approximate tea spoon, about 50 seconds to get the full profile. I got it up to three, and the third one soaked for about four to five minutes to get the exact same taste.

A lot of the reactions to Four Seasons Oolongs are underwhelming, and I may have had one other before, but just that one. The only other standard I can measure this to is the Tie Guan Yin’s I’ve had. This Four Seasons had the same floral character a certain Tie Guan Yin with a more prominent milky note and mouth feel. Now, I only prefer Tie Guan Yin regulars slightly if, and only if they have the Hawaiian plumeria taste and aroma I long for. And this one serves as something altogether different, distinct, and good in its own place.

Andrew, I knew that you would convert me to the Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company. You have, and few might compete.

Note to Mountain Tea Company- there’s still a lot of stuff I want to try from you guys…
the same goes for Beautiful Taiwan and several others.

Flavors: Floral, Gardenias, Milk, Sweet

Liquid Proust

Once you drink Misty Mountain… You’ll understand

This is very light in flavor but it has a great mouth feel. It’s lightly floral, lightly green, just nice and easy drinking. It is quite creamy feeling, for sure.

I’m enjoying this.

One of my cats is curled up with me. He has been going absolutely crazy for my tea lately.

Yes, he is licking the bag.

He is a goofball.

He has a good taste;)

He is the only one of my cats that seem interested in tea. When I get TTBs and I sit on the floor and sort through them, he always sits next to me, or right next to the box.

This is why I love stepfather. I learn about so many great tea companies!

PS- your cat is adorable

I agree. I’m growing so much as a tea lover because of Steepster. (Heck I saw about the company on reddit, but I was enticed to buy based on a conversation in the tea buying hiatus thread.)

And thanks, I think he’s adorable, too.

LOL that you were inspired to buy this tea by the tea buying hiatus thread

I know, right?! I’m putting myself back on hiatus for a while. I have to.

That’s a big pretty kitty

He looks big in that picture. He’s not quite 11 lbs. His brother is right around 12. (the girls are smaller at 6.5 and 8 lbs. but let me tell you, the 8 lb cat is definitely the cat in charge. I have seen her throw her 12 lb brother like she was a pro wrestler. It was amazing.)

Sars, what a cutie! (For a second, I had to look at who sent this because another friend has a kitty also named Chairman Meow.)