Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by pingantu

2 Images

• “Backlog: I have tried a few teas from this company thus far (I have a bunch of reviews waiting for me to post tasting notes about them ... yeah, still behind) and I've loved everything I've tried...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “This is my first mug of tea for the day. Yes, after 9:30 at night. I have some sort of stomach virus that has had me down for the count. It started yesterday, but I tried to ignore it. Apparently,...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 459 tasting notes
  • “This one is the 2014 release. This tea is invigorating and remarkably refreshing! It's fragrance is delightful - like a freshly cut field after a spring rain. The taste is no less remarkable and...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 135 tasting notes

From Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company

We love the way this tea smells and it’s very smooth and enjoyable. It’s an early spring green leaf tea. When the buds just start to come out it’s picked with a single leaf. We call this tea “Twisted green tea” because the farmers twist the ends of the leaves to make this tea. It has a natural nuttiness and an earthy quality. This is a delicate loose leaf green tea and is the most difficult to brew if you are not experienced. Stick with it though and you’ll be richly rewarded with a smooth and pleasant green tea!

Location: San Xia, New Taipei, Northern Taiwan

Chinese name: 碧螺春/Bi Luo Chun

About Beautiful Taiwan Tea Company View company

Backlog:

I have tried a few teas from this company thus far (I have a bunch of reviews waiting for me to post tasting notes about them … yeah, still behind) and I’ve loved everything I’ve tried from them.

This is a beautiful green tea. Very fresh, reminiscent of spring when the early leaves are appearing, the scents, the feel, the experience and the flavors of newness of spring. A lovely delicate flavor but still quite complex. Notes of cream, very smooth, sweet, hints of vanilla and a vegetal tone.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/06/08/twisted-green-tea-from-beautiful-taiwan-tea-company/

This is my first mug of tea for the day. Yes, after 9:30 at night.

I have some sort of stomach virus that has had me down for the count. It started yesterday, but I tried to ignore it. Apparently, that was not the right thing to do as it got a lot worse before basically knocking me flat on my ass last night after I lost dinner.

I’ve slept most of the day and I’m feeling a lot better.

So I decided to have some tea. I wanted something nice and easy drinking, a flavorful green since my sense of taste seems to be a little off. This was my choice.

Oh it’s good. I ordered a bunch of it off of the Beautiful Taiwan website, but I got last year’s harvest instead of this years, to save a little money. Did it make a difference in the tea? I don’t think so as this tastes incredible to me. It’s one of my favorite greens.

So I was supposed to mail out a bunch of teas today, but it didn’t happen. Probably not until Wednesday now because I don’t want to touch anything for other people with the way I have been feeling. Sorry for the delay everyone.

boychik

Oh no. I hate stomach bugs. Pls feel better soon

corvuslunar

no worries! feel better soon!

MushroomBugg

Hopefully by today things are looking up for you, health-wise. Sending good thoughts your way!

This one is the 2014 release.

This tea is invigorating and remarkably refreshing! It’s fragrance is delightful – like a freshly cut field after a spring rain. The taste is no less remarkable and the leaves are good for many steepings. There is smoothness to the sip, yet there is complexity to the texture and a medium fullness in the mouth. I’d say there are hints of stewed butter beans in its brew, with lingering taste of sweetness afterwards. What a special tea and one of a kind!

Flavors: Cut grass, Lima Beans, Rainforest, Summer, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass, Vegetable Broth, Vegetal

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 0 sec 12 g 10 OZ / 300 ML