ShanLinXi Special Reserve

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Amarok

• “Great quality leaves and a tremendous amount of depth! Thick and almost brothy, that ends with a returning sweetness that lingers. The richness of aroma from the wet leaves is intoxicating, as it...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 133 tasting notes
  • “This tea is GOOD. I love the mouth feel. It is creamy and buttery. The flavor is outstanding. I've had this pseudo gongfu and I'm on my 7th infusion now, and it's still giving amazing notes. I...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 385 tasting notes

From Beautiful Taiwan Tea

This tea is a premium GaoShanCha. The special reserve teas are grown at very high elevations and take longer to grow. They take their time growing and develop a deeper, fuller flavor. I sometimes like to drink the special reserves from a wine glass. Really! This tea has a heavy liquor, it’s not dry at all or bitter. It’s very clean and refreshing. You won’t get floral notes because it’s grown so high in ShanLinXi there are no flowers. Explore this tea slowly with many infusions and you might catch such notes as butterscotch. We recommend brewing this tea gongfu style. Like our other teas, this tea is expertly grown, hand-picked, hand-processed and FRESH!

Location: Shan Lin Xi, Nantou county, Central Taiwan.

Chinese name: 杉林溪特選高山茶/ShanLinXi Te Xuan Gao Shan Cha

About Beautiful Taiwan Tea View company

Great quality leaves and a tremendous amount of depth! Thick and almost brothy, that ends with a returning sweetness that lingers. The richness of aroma from the wet leaves is intoxicating, as it captivates your senses in its complexity. It gets out of the arena of floral notes, but is more savory and thick. You can smell butternut squash, along with a slow simmered, stewed chicken (sorry if the meat reference offends – I’m at a lack of words to compare and this is the closest I can think of). The taste is more like green lima beans and butter. Smooth and full to the mouth. No astringency. Great tea! Certainly above ordinary.

This tea is GOOD.

I love the mouth feel. It is creamy and buttery. The flavor is outstanding. I’ve had this pseudo gongfu and I’m on my 7th infusion now, and it’s still giving amazing notes. I knew this one was more expensive, but it’s $25 for 2 oz. (I only had a sample size.) I think it’s worth it. This is one of the best oolongs I’ve had.

The wet leaves smell so green and fresh, but the tea doesn’t taste vegetal at all (it’s okay if it does, but that’s not what I get from the tea.)