Twisted Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Amarok

• “Backlog: I have tried a few teas from this company thus far (I have a bunch of reviews waiting for me to post tasting notes about them ... yeah, still behind) and I've loved everything I've tried...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4401 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from vacation So the first night of our vacation some wicked storms when through the town we were staying in. The first round came while we were out eating dinner and drinking beer. The...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 407 tasting notes
  • “This one is the 2014 release. This tea is invigorating and remarkably refreshing! It's fragrance is delightful - like a freshly cut field after a spring rain. The taste is no less remarkable and...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 133 tasting notes

From Beautiful Taiwan Tea

We love the way this tea smells and it’s very smooth and enjoyable. It’s an early spring green leaf tea. When the buds just start to come out it’s picked with a single leaf. We call this tea “Twisted green tea” because the farmers twist the ends of the leaves to make this tea. It has a natural nuttiness and an earthy quality. This is a delicate loose leaf green tea and is the most difficult to brew if you are not experienced. Stick with it though and you’ll be richly rewarded with a smooth and pleasant green tea!

Location: San Xia, New Taipei, Northern Taiwan

Chinese name: 碧螺春/Bi Luo Chun

About Beautiful Taiwan Tea View company

Backlog:

I have tried a few teas from this company thus far (I have a bunch of reviews waiting for me to post tasting notes about them … yeah, still behind) and I’ve loved everything I’ve tried from them.

This is a beautiful green tea. Very fresh, reminiscent of spring when the early leaves are appearing, the scents, the feel, the experience and the flavors of newness of spring. A lovely delicate flavor but still quite complex. Notes of cream, very smooth, sweet, hints of vanilla and a vegetal tone.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/06/08/twisted-green-tea-from-beautiful-taiwan-tea-company/

Backlog from vacation

So the first night of our vacation some wicked storms when through the town we were staying in. The first round came while we were out eating dinner and drinking beer. The second round came through starting about 3am, waking me up. I never fell back asleep because the storms just kept on coming. The power was knocked out about 5am.

Fortunately, the bed and breakfast we were staying at was prepared. Even though the hot water system didn’t work, they knew I am a tea drinker and they had hot water waiting for me when I wandered downstairs shortly after 6 because I really needed something to drink.

It turns out that one of the owners collects antique kerosene lamps. Crazy, but true. So everything was lit by these lamps, which was really cool.

Anyway, the tea handled the unknown water temperature really well. This is such a yummy tea. I’m currently all out of it, but I think this is one that I will be purchasing again soon.

This one is the 2014 release.

This tea is invigorating and remarkably refreshing! It’s fragrance is delightful – like a freshly cut field after a spring rain. The taste is no less remarkable and the leaves are good for many steepings. There is smoothness to the sip, yet there is complexity to the texture and a medium fullness in the mouth. I’d say there are hints of stewed butter beans in its brew, with lingering taste of sweetness afterwards. What a special tea and one of a kind!

Flavors: Cut grass, Lima Beans, Rainforest, Summer, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass, Vegetable Broth, Vegetal

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 0 sec 12 g 10 OZ / 300 ML