No. 47, The Queen's Guard

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

1 Tasting Note View all

• “There is a store in the Rockridge district of Oakland called Maison d'Etre and that is where I got this tea on Sunday. I haven't been there in a while because I have some bad memories associated...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

A fragrant blend of black Ceylon tea, Rose and Lavender. Inspired by classic English gardens, The Queen’s Guard is a perfect afternoon tea. Lightly perfumed with the essence of rose and lavender, it celebrates two of our favorite flowers. Well-balanced, elegant and remarkably well-suited with a slice of lemon-scented loaf cake (drizzled with icing).

Ingredients:

Organic black Ceylon tea, organic rose petals, organic lavender, organic cornflowers, natural essence.

Brewing Instructions:

Quantity: 1 teaspoon per 8oz/250ml.

Water temp: 195ºF /90ºC. Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat; set aside 1 minute and proceed.

Brewing time: 4-6 minutes.

Infusions: 2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

1 Tasting Note

There is a store in the Rockridge district of Oakland called Maison d’Etre and that is where I got this tea on Sunday. I haven’t been there in a while because I have some bad memories associated with that place. Time to move on and leave the bad memories behind. I’ve never heard of Bellocq, but of course I had to get some new tea!

It’s a black tea made with roses and lavender, I admit this is a bit too much for a breakfast tea as it is exceedingly floral. To me it almost seems like a shower gel. The lavender is quite strong here. They suggest having this with a piece of lemon cake and I think that would be really nice. I’m not sure if this is an everyday type of tea but I do like it.

Today – nobody is going to tell me I am not good enough. I am good enough.

Michelle

I remember a thread about Bellocq on here last year lamenting the prices (mostly talking about how absurd they were, etc.)

Sounds like an interesting tea, though!

Michelle

(Also: prices seem to have come down, or something. I remember them being much higher.)

TeaBrat

I believe the price of this was $15.