No. 54, Gypsy Caravan

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So I have been trying to decide whether to order this for some months now, broke down earlier in the week, ordered and just received this. Initial tasting tells me I am pleased but not overjoyed....” Read full tasting note
    piam 24 tasting notes

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

A beguiling blend of organic Indian and Chinese black teas, rambling rose and tongue tingling chile give way to soulful smokey notes reminiscent of a distant campfire. Full-bodied and smooth with delicate floral notes and a wistful, smokey finish. Gypsy Caravan is well-suited to holiday afternoons in a comfortable chair in front of the fire.

Ingredients:

Organic Indian and Chinese black teas, rose, organic chile.

Brewing Instructions (Regular Steeping):

Quantity: 1 teaspoon per 8oz/250ml.

Water temperature: 195ºF/90ºC. Bring cold, fresh spring water to a boil and set aside for 30 seconds; proceed.

Brewing time: 4-6 minutes.

Infusions: 2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

1 Tasting Note

So I have been trying to decide whether to order this for some months now, broke down earlier in the week, ordered and just received this. Initial tasting tells me I am pleased but not overjoyed. This tea is very subtle, and frankly I am really more of a “hit me in the face with the flavors” kind of drinker. The rose is oh-so-subtle, and you really don’t realize the hot red pepper is in there until you feel a slight tingling on the tongue between sips. Also, the descriptions state there is “smoke”, but frankly I don’t taste any smoke. Perhaps what they meant was that the tea, combined with the rose and the pepper should remind you of the smoke of the fire of a travelling gypsy caravan bunked down for the night. That would be more like it. It in no way tastes like a Lapsang or anything like that. So, I am saying this one is subtle, and even smooth and sophisticated, definitely not “in your face”. This tea is definitely more for a pensive, quiet moment when you can savor the nuances of the tea. Definitely tastes high quality, btw :-)