No. 01, Bellocq Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Invigorating full-bodied blend of organic Indian, Chinese and Ceylon black tea. Smooth with round toasted notes of honey, malt and a touch of leather. Our breakfast blend can be enjoyed as is or with milk and wild flower honey. One of our most requested blends.

Ingredients:

Organic Indian, Chinese and Ceylon black tea.

Brewing Instructions:

Quantity: 1 teaspoon per 8oz/250ml.

Water temperature: 195ºF/90ºC. Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat; set aside 1 minute and proceed.

Brewing time: 5-7 minutes.

Infusions: 2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

Sipdown!

I sent the rest of this off for swaps, so now I’m out of it! It’s got a lot of mellow, green-bean tones that I associate with high-mountain teas and then it also has a nice savory kick to it with a pleasant, mild astringency. I like the 2nd steep the best, because the savoriness really starts to blend in with the mellow bean flavor.

sample sipdown because i’m going to send the last little bit of this to terri since i think she might enjoy this one. FuzzyPeachkin sent this my way and i am. a. fan! This is bold enough for me while being one of the smoothest cups ever. I didn’t brew this according to the instructions – instead treated it as i usually do most black teas. I can see how adding just a touch of honey/maple syrup to this would make it awesome! This is for sure going on my shopping list as it’s really yummy!
Thanks FuzzyP!

TastyBrew

I’ve never heard of this brand. Where are they from?

New York – http://www.bellocq.com/ i really like this one..their quantities SUCK (3oz) so i wanted to try a couple since maybe we can try them as a BBB Box sort of thing.

I tried a five-minute steep today, and, unsurprisingly, this tea is much bolder than it was last time I drank it. The Ceylon’s even more pronounced, I think – I’m getting even more fruitiness, which I’m enjoying quite a bit. I am getting the faintest hint of leather, but I’m pleased to say it’s not strong enough to detract from my enjoyment.

Sipdown #46!
Another tea from Sil, this is delicious!
I probably shouldn’t be drinking breakfast teas this late at night, but I still feel deprived after ruining that other cup of tea, which I was really looking forward to drinking, so there!

hey! look at you drinking teas from 1023810398239018 years ago that i sent haha

Terri HarpLady

LOL, yeah, it’s about time, eh?

A sample from Fuzzy Peachkin, via CrowKettle. :)

Thanks so much!

This tea is SOOOOO GOOD. I’m having it with a touch of brown sugar because I’m really sensitive to bitterness/astringency right now. But it’s divine. Such a tasty, strong, breakfast tea. Some assamisness in there, but toned down with other teas, I think.

Highly recommend. Maybe if you can justify the $17/2oz for White Wolf, we can do a group order in the fall, CrowKettle? :)

CrowKettle

That sounds like an excellent plan. I’d love to try more of their teas, or at least pick up more White Wolf. :)

OMGsrsly