No. 29, White Nixon

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I couldn't resist the look of that White Wolf blend any longer and finally caved in a few weeks back. So here I am now, with so much white tea, and even more yellow tissue paper. I've never seen a...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 493 tasting notes

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

A refined and distinctive blend of organic white peony and lavender with refreshing notes of grapefruit. Also delicious iced.

Ingredients:

Organic White Tea, Organic Lavender, Organic Flower Petals, Natural Essence.

Brewing Instructions:

Quantity: 1 teaspoon per 8oz/250ml.

Water temperature: 175ºF/80ºC. Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat; set aside 3 minutes and proceed.

Brewing time: 4-6 minutes.

Infusions: 2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

1 Tasting Note

I couldn’t resist the look of that White Wolf blend any longer and finally caved in a few weeks back. So here I am now, with so much white tea, and even more yellow tissue paper. I’ve never seen a tea parcel look more like a birthday present! This tea was generously included as a free sample.

Anyways, how does it taste? Lavender, lavender, lavender, melon, white grapefruit, garlic-onion.. whoops! That last one is coming from the aftertaste of my exquisite tuna-mayo-garlic-green onion lunch mix. Come on, I know you’re all jealous of my fabulous meal (a container of mouthwash couldn’t fix this).

That lavender is definitely the dominant note in this one, but I don’t feel it gets soapy. It blends into everything extremely well, actually (including the tuna onions). It creates soothing “spa-like notes”, and something almost nutty and juicy mid sip. I could see me wanting a nice cup of this during the rainy spring season.

Edit: I enjoyed the cooled down second steep even more than the first. The lavender takes on a sweet minty quality, and lemon/white grapefruit notes pop out. Yes, this is a good tea with fish.

OMGsrsly

You got White Wolf?! Even though it’s minty, may I try one serving?

CrowKettle

Of course! Just a warning- from the aroma, I’m guessing it’s even mintier than I thought :)

OMGsrsly

That’s fine. I’ll save it for a minty day. :)

ashmanra

I liked that one best I think, of the Bellocq teas I ordered. I love their presentation!

CrowKettle

The website and the packaging are beautiful! I almost didn’t want to open the tea because I’d have to remove the white ribbon.