No. 22, National Parks Dept.

Forest Floor, Pine, Wood, Berries, Cedar, Honey, Malt, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Fuzzy_Peachkin

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Hand-crafted blend of full-bodied organic Indian and Chinese teas, juniper berries, cedar tips and wild flowers. National Parks ServiceTK embodies the rugged soulful beauty of uncultivated majestic forests, and is inspired by the perfection that is nature. Dark ancient woodlands, the quiet snap of fallen twigs underfoot, curls of woodsmoke entwined with resinous notes of pine and cedar. A blend to enjoy with Emerson under the stars. Earthy and reflective, the brew produces an amber-hued liquor with a lingering, mellow finish.

Ingredients:

Organic black tea, organic juniper berries, organic douglas fir tips, and organic blue cornflowers.

Brewing Instructions:

Quantity: 1 heaping teaspoon per 8 oz/250ml.

Water Temperature: 195ºF / 90ºC Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat and set aside for 30 seconds to 1 minute; proceed.

Brewing Time: 4-6 minutes.

Infusions:2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

Started the morning out with this one. Having a bit of a rough day and wanted some delicious cups of tea today. I still need a couple sipdowns before the end of the weekend, but for the next couple of days i may just focus on drinking up teas with larger quantities and see if i can get the weight down :)

MissLena

This tea sounds so good! I put it on my wishlist :D

omgsrsly and i love it, dexter is less of a fan haha. It’s not as piney/woodsy as i want it to be but i love it :)

oh and given the crappy cad $ we can always do a mini swap sometimes if you like.

MissLena

@Sil I will keep that in mind! I love woodsy teas, I’m on a woodsy kick overall right now regarding tea and perfumes haha

Dexter

I don’t mind the woodiness of this tea – nor the juniper berries – it’s the pine that I’m not a huge fan of – HOWEVER if you like that style of tea – you should like this one – it’s nice and balanced. :))

tigress_al

Hope the rest of your day is better than this morning !

thanks tigress! it’s going… heh

Sipdown #52
This is another one sent to me from Sil, thanks!
Not sure what to say about this one. I like the way the cedar aroma rises up into my nostrils, I’ve always loved the aroma of cedar. The tea is a little on the bright side for me, & I’m really craving something bassy & satisfying right now.

TeaBrat

this sounds so interesting!!!

i really enjoyed this one in how different it was…there are two from belloq i would gladly order again

I couldn’t resist breaking into this tea after bringing it home from the tea meet-up!
The base to this tea is strong, malty, and smoky in the way that I always imagined smoky teas to be, but never experienced before. The smokiness is warming and comforting, not obnoxious and overpowering like lapsong souchongs. The woody cedar and the deep, sweet juniper berries further mellow out the smoky aspect.
The pine in the aroma and aftertaste reminds me of summers in Maine! It’s so relaxing! I really like this blend. It really makes me want to try White Wolf, which has cedar in it, when it comes back in stock.

So jealous you guys got to participate in this!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

NYC definitely has its opportunities!

teamore

I loved that you used the new name.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Lol! Well the new name is already on the Belloqc website, so I thought it would be a good choice to use the new name.

Of all the amazing teas that Sil sent me – this was the one I was most worried about.
There are pieces of pine tree in here. The leaf looks like it’s been picked up off the forest floor. Now I’m sure this would excite some people, but it kind of scared me.
The first cup, I under leafed and under steeped – I was afraid….
That cup was really mild and didn’t really taste like much more than black tea – ok so far so good – not as scary as I had feared.
The second cup I steeped longer and with more leaf. This is a little piney and a little fruity. There is hints of woody and smoke. It’s like being out in the woods.
While I can appreciate how balanced and interesting this is – these flavors are not really to my liking. Not nearly as bad as I had feared, but this still isn’t really to my tastes.
Thanks Sil for this interesting experience – I would never have chosen this to myself and would not have tried it if you hadn’t sent it to me. :))

Plunkybug

Pieces of pine tree would worry me too. :P

haha yay for getting out of our comfort zones :) there will be more from Bellocq that i’ll send you as i actually open them

Dexter

I will try almost anything – I’ve been surprised before – that tea you thought you would hate but didn’t. That’s the amazing thing about sharing – never know what hidden gems you will find. :)

Dexter

@Plunkybug- ok pine TREE might be an exaggeration – ingredient list says “douglas fir tips” :))

Plunkybug

Ah, ok, that’s better. :P

This tea smells like the northwoods, and I love it. The taste is also great. I found it a very mellow, smooth black tea with hints of a forest-y taste. This will definitely be a staple for me.

Flavors: Forest Floor, Pine, Wood

This is an “assam-y” black tea blend, with a twist to the finish and lingering flavour- subtly composed of nutty cedar chips and sweet juniper berries. I’ve had other teas that have combined cedar and juniper berries but I like how this one mixes those flavours with the base blend.

Flavors: Berries, Cedar, Honey, Malt, Smoke

Fjellrev

Wow, the scents of cedar and juniper berry remind me of Banff. Beautiful but can’t imagine drinking that.

OMGsrsly

It’s GOOD, Fjellrev! Really good.

CrowKettle

I can save you a sample for when we meet up, Fjellrev! The “woodland” flavours aren’t heavy-handed, imo.

Fjellrev

If you really like it, you don’t have to worry about it! I’m also not a fan of smoky teas anyway.

Oh, I have this one! It’s not labelled with this name, but that’s OK. I think this name is way better than the old one.

Anyways, it looks and smells super cool. I think it might be an assam base, as it smells SUPER malty. The juniper berries and tree bits should add an interesting flavour!

And it is interesting. It’s surprisingly sweet, and very malty. I can’t really tell there’s tree bits in here, but it’s really nice.

Would I get more? Maybe. I mean, I just did a tea count and am still rather overwhelmed. Maybe if I ever get down to 100?

I really want to pick some of these teas up someday….maybe if I get to 50 lol.

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I know what you mean! They’re quite expensive, but it looks like they’re selling 2.5 oz bags now which is nice.

ooohh