No. 43, Assam TGFOP

Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “sample sipdown! This was sent my way by the lovely *fuzzypeachkin* and i'm happy that she did. This would have likely been one of my first puchases from Bellocq as i'm always in search of more...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This is the last of the teas I picked up at the Bellocq meetup (back in September – eek!). It’s a very nice, smooth Assam, with all of the malty goodness I love in Indian teas. I could do with a...” Read full tasting note
    greenteafairy 208 tasting notes
  • “I got my Bellocq samples from fuzzypeachkin and CrowKettle! YAY! Of course I'm having the assam first. It's nice. Really smooth. Really doesn't need anything added to it (and I do like adding...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1576 tasting notes

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Organic black Indian tea. Earthen notes give way to a brew at once musky and bright with a smooth pleasant finish.

Origin:
Assam, India.

Brewing Instructions:
Quantity: 1 teaspoon per 8oz/250ml.
Water temp: 195ºF/90ºC. Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat; set aside 1 minute and proceed.
Brewing time: 4-6 minutes.
Infusions: 2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

sample sipdown! This was sent my way by the lovely fuzzypeachkin and i’m happy that she did. This would have likely been one of my first puchases from Bellocq as i’m always in search of more delicious assams. :)

This one is pretty good. I’m not sure that it ranks high enough to replace tiger assam or 49 but i wouldn’t ever turn my nose up at this one. It’s more what i would rate as an afternoon blend, being not quite as bold as i like with a bit of astringency in the taste. It ends up leaving my mouth a little dry, though i don’t mind that. There’s a nice flavour to this cup and the scent is slightly sweet smelling, though there’s no fruitness to the actual liquor. Overall, a nice introduction to Bellocq! Thanks FuzzyP!

This is the last of the teas I picked up at the Bellocq meetup (back in September – eek!). It’s a very nice, smooth Assam, with all of the malty goodness I love in Indian teas. I could do with a bit more boldness – I think Sil’s right that this is more of an afternoon tea than a breakfast one – but on the whole I’m really enjoying this! The fact that it’s organic is a plus for me, too. There are tons of quality Assams out there, including plenty I’ve yet to try, but I could certainly see myself picking up some more of this at some point. I think I might like this ever so slightly more than Bellocq Breakfast, but I’d have to try that one again to be sure.

I got my Bellocq samples from fuzzypeachkin and CrowKettle! YAY!

Of course I’m having the assam first.

It’s nice. Really smooth. Really doesn’t need anything added to it (and I do like adding things to my tea). It’s a very sweet assam. IDK. Descriptive words are escaping my brain.

Tea good.

it was a nice one, eh? :)

OMGsrsly

Yes. And less strong than some, but still nice and strong. I wonder what shipping is like… :)

the tea itself is a little pricy for some of them heh

OMGsrsly

Yeah, sadly. And with moving now May 15 (we haven’t even looked at the house yet but it’s ours if we want it) and the added costs there… I probably shouldn’t buy any more tea.

CrowKettle

When I ordered the white wolf blend shipping came to about $9, I think. The teas are definitely pricey though.

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s not bad. But yes it’s quite expensive for the amount.