Irish Afternoon

Edit tea info Last updated by Deb

From Bewley's

Made in Ireland, Bewley’s Irish Afternoon Tea is a blend of tea leaves from Africa and Kenya. The African tea leaves give Bewley’s Irish Afternoon Tea a lighter flavor but with a stronger punch. Bewley’s Irish Afternoon Tea brews a rich golden orange color and has a brisk, refreshing flavor.

About Bewley's View company

My second pot of tea today. There is not much else to do when your snowed in so I might as well keep drinking tea all day to keep myself warm. Plus it’s giving me time to wire wrap some gemstones.

I love lazy days.

Added a touch of honey and 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream. Heaven in a cup….

VegTea

That sounds like my kind of happy hour. :)

This is an excellent alternative to breakfast tea! You can definitely taste the similarities between the Irish Breakfast and Afternoon but this one is a little more mellow. I generally leave the teabag in the entire time I’m drinking a breakfast tea, so I did the same with this tea- great choice!

Boiling 8 min or more
KittyLovesTea

I agree that it is a nice alternative to their breakfast tea. Sometimes I don’t want anything too strong in the morning and find myself picking afternoon tea instead. With this you still get a clean/fresh taste and a boost. I may have to get a cup now you mention it :)

Pretty basic Irish Breakfasty tea. Sometimes I drink it plain if I have something sweet or I add a little milk. A good brisk morning tea.

Azzrian

always good to have those on hand! :) Easy and fast and not bad at all!

This tea was purchased in Dublin by my daughter a day before she left Ireland. I had tried the Clipper Gold and it was quite strong, so I was a little afraid of this one at first. I needn’t have been! It behaved quite well, and is a lovely cup of tea. I drank it first without milk or sugar, and it was very smooth and flavorful, a nice accompaniment to our afternoon Pim’s. The second cup had the addition of milk, which smoothed it even more, and then sugar, which it also handled well. Not what I would consider to be a gourmet tea, but a lovely cup just the same. Only steeped it for 2 minutes, because it is CTC.

I purchased this loose when I found out that one of my tea shops no longer carries Bewley’s Clipper Gold, which I love, in either loose or bag form. I saw that this was African tea as well, so I thought I would give it a try to see how it compares to the Clipper. I would call this Clipper Gold with a twist. It brews up a deep orangey color like the Clipper Gold (and the color develops quickly, like the Clipper Gold as well). Also, I can taste similarities to the Clipper Gold, but I taste a more earthy and musky flavor to this one. I would say this is a nice tea, however, my tongue still prefers the Clipper Gold. I guess I will have to order Clipper online from now on.