Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Hoss348

• “I asked for un-rusted tea tins for Christmas from the "grannies;" my Mema thoughtfully filled a small one up with a couple of assortment packs of Bigelow bagged greens and herbals. Good for...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1631 tasting notes
  • “This must be a really forgiving tea. After the first surgery (yeh, I didn't know they did it in two stages and thought I was all through) I went back to the waiting room to await lab results. I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1770 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from this afternoon. Basic green bagged tea pretty much thrown into water of an unknown amount (but probably around 8oz) from an unknown source heated at an unknown temperature. Had...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Part of the sampler from Bigelow that I'm still working my way through. I left two bags at home to use in Chloe, and brought one to work. I'll wait to rate until I've had it brewed at the proper...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Mother Nature gave us a wonderful gift when she packed powerful antioxidants into green tea.
But not all green tea tastes the same. To make all natural Green Tea, Bigelow uses only the finest quality tea that has been grown in higher-elevation gardens and gently processed to bring out the tea’s natural, smooth flavor. Each tea bag is then wrapped in its own protective pouch to seal in all the wonderful flavor and freshness.
All natural Bigelow Green Tea takes green tea enjoyment to a whole new level. It’s a great way to help you relax and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.

Ingredients: green tea

About Bigelow View company

Tastes like how dried grass smells but less refreshing and sweet. There’s barely flavor. I see why green tea isn’t more popular if this is the stuff people drink and think is green tea. blech. I think that if this was my first green tea, I wouldn’t be the tea drinker I am today.

This tasted like sawdust. Was it because it was stale or I’m used to more fancy tea. I’m not sure but this was not good.

Like a lot of other reviewers have mentioned I found this tea to be quite bland. It’s not the best green tea yet it is not the worst. I am not a huge green tea fan but unlike some others I was able to down 2 or so cups of this. Very basic but it is not something that I would personally grab if there were other options.

Boiling

Just your standard run-of-the-mill green tea in a tea bag, really! It does the trick if you’re wanting some green tea on the go or whatever.

Boiling 8 min or more

When I forget to bring tea from home, sometimes I find myself perusing the tea bags available to drink at my workplace. This is the one option for green tea. A lot of people say that they just don’t like green tea, and since this one is on the better end of the spectrum for the cheap bagged green teas widely available in grocery stores, I can understand why.

It’s a serviceable tea, not actively unpleasant. I drink it mindlessly if I’m desperate for a green tea fix, but sometimes I think I’d be better off drinking water. The flavor is a run of the mill vegetal green tea, but flat, dull. A dried grass sort of flavor, with little nuance, but none of the offensively fishy flavors that I get out of lesser bagged green teas. As long as I keep the steeping time short (the bag recommends 2-3 minutes, but I pull it out just shy of 2) I can avoid the dirty/stale/bitter flavor that comes out when it’s oversteeped.

Very mediocre. I couldn’t get my regular sencha today, so this had to do, but it’s really unspectacular.

This is nothing more then a a simple cup of green tea. I drink this too at work. I am not pleased of it , but it is better then the other teas we have as a selection at work. The liquor has a nice color as the taste is a little bit bland.

This is my airplane tea and by that I don’t mean it’s bad. Not all airplane food or drinks are bad! Anyway, for some reason I only tend to drink this when I am working (I’m a flight attendant). It’s a good tea for any time of the day. I only bring tea bags with me because bringing loose leaf is too much work. (Plus I have lots of other stuff). For the steep time I usually end up pulling it out around a minute and add half hot water/half lukewarm water.

It’s ok. You do have to watch how hot your water is and how long you steep as it can develop a bitter aftertaste if you don’t. It’s not near as bitter as others I have tried but not near as good as a good green tea sencha.

I began drinking this for the health benefits. I like green tea if I am nervous or feeling under the weather