Green Tea

Green Tea
Green
Edit tea info Last updated by Hoss348

• “I asked for un-rusted tea tins for Christmas from the "grannies;" my Mema thoughtfully filled a small one up with a couple of assortment packs of Bigelow bagged greens and herbals. Good...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1819 tasting notes
  • “This must be a really forgiving tea. After the first surgery (yeh, I didn’t know they did it in two stages and thought I was all through) I went back to the waiting room to await lab...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1965 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from this afternoon. Basic green bagged tea pretty much thrown into water of an unknown amount (but probably around 8oz) from an unknown source heated at an unknown temperature. Had...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Part of the sampler from Bigelow that I’m still working my way through. I left two bags at home to use in Chloe, and brought one to work. I’ll wait to rate until I’ve had it...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Mother Nature gave us a wonderful gift when she packed powerful antioxidants into green tea.
But not all green tea tastes the same. To make all natural Green Tea, Bigelow uses only the finest quality tea that has been grown in higher-elevation gardens and gently processed to bring out the tea’s natural, smooth flavor. Each tea bag is then wrapped in its own protective pouch to seal in all the wonderful flavor and freshness.
All natural Bigelow Green Tea takes green tea enjoyment to a whole new level. It’s a great way to help you relax and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.

Ingredients: green tea

About Bigelow View company

I’ve been drinking this a lot at work lately because I’m trying not to run out of my Taiwanese green tea too quickly and it’s free at work. It’s very… generic. When it’s hot it’s okay, but after it cools it’s really apparent that it’s just not very flavorful. There’s kind of a teaishness to it, but it’s basically a lackluster and somewhat tea-scented water.

Wouldn’t recommend this unless you’re desperate for something warm (as I often am at work).

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Vegital they said
without disgust. My thinking:
It was best lukewarm

Flavors: Green

Sipdown

I’ve had a box of this at work for a while, but hadn’t really thought to make a note for it since it seems like your typical, grocery-store green tea. The tea is probably Japanese in origin as it has that flavor profile.

I hadn’t really noticed this tea until I was traveling through one of the wine-producing regions here in California. I wasn’t expecting much in the way of tea, but every single restaurant, cafe, and hotel in town seemed to only be serving this kind of tea, so I couldn’t avoid it. A tea monopoly in wine country might be a dubious distinction, but it was better than I expected (granted, I was expecting something fairly bad). It’s quite smooth and and mild, not very fussy, and not easily made bitter or astringent even with neglect, which I’m grateful for since I often make a cup of this in the busy after-lunch hours.

So I spent all day yesterday struggling through a 24-hour stomach bug, unable to keep anything down. And although I felt better when I woke up this morning, I needed a simple tea to drink, just incase I still had the bug. As it turns out, this is the only unflavoured tea in the house, so I went for it.
Not bad, safe simple taste that satisfied my need for tea without turning my stomach.
Might need like 6 more glasses to get me through the next 7 hours of studying for my finals. Although, I think in a little bit I’ll try to drink savor tea. Broth is good for an upset stomach, right?

8 OZ / 236 ML

This is my airplane tea and by that I don’t mean it’s bad. Not all airplane food or drinks are bad! Anyway, for some reason I only tend to drink this when I am working (I’m a flight attendant). It’s a good tea for any time of the day. I only bring tea bags with me because bringing loose leaf is too much work. (Plus I have lots of other stuff). For the steep time I usually end up pulling it out around a minute and add half hot water/half lukewarm water.

It’s ok. You do have to watch how hot your water is and how long you steep as it can develop a bitter aftertaste if you don’t. It’s not near as bitter as others I have tried but not near as good as a good green tea sencha.

I began drinking this for the health benefits. I like green tea if I am nervous or feeling under the weather

When I’m sick and have a stuff nose and the like, I like to use this tea because the flavor is mellow and not bitter.

However, it’s not the miracle bagged tea you may have been dreaming of.

For basic green tea when you can’t afford the expensive organic stuff, I stick with Bigelow Green Tea.