Green Tea

Green Tea
Green
Edit tea info Last updated by Hoss348

• “I asked for un-rusted tea tins for Christmas from the "grannies;" my Mema thoughtfully filled a small one up with a couple of assortment packs of Bigelow bagged greens and herbals. Good for...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1736 tasting notes
  • “This must be a really forgiving tea. After the first surgery (yeh, I didn't know they did it in two stages and thought I was all through) I went back to the waiting room to await lab results. I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1845 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from this afternoon. Basic green bagged tea pretty much thrown into water of an unknown amount (but probably around 8oz) from an unknown source heated at an unknown temperature. Had...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Part of the sampler from Bigelow that I'm still working my way through. I left two bags at home to use in Chloe, and brought one to work. I'll wait to rate until I've had it brewed at the proper...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Mother Nature gave us a wonderful gift when she packed powerful antioxidants into green tea.
But not all green tea tastes the same. To make all natural Green Tea, Bigelow uses only the finest quality tea that has been grown in higher-elevation gardens and gently processed to bring out the tea’s natural, smooth flavor. Each tea bag is then wrapped in its own protective pouch to seal in all the wonderful flavor and freshness.
All natural Bigelow Green Tea takes green tea enjoyment to a whole new level. It’s a great way to help you relax and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.

Ingredients: green tea

About Bigelow View company

I oversteep this tea or use two bags in order to get a decent flavour out of it. It’s pleasant and very smooth. If I feel frisky, I’ll grab a bag of Oolong and steep them together for five minutes in an 8-ounce cup and add a drop or two of clover honey. I believe that honey and tea are God’s two greatest edible gifts and I rarely have one without the other.

I had low expectations, but this set the bar even lower than previously believed possible. The tea was extremely vegetative to the exclusion of all other possible flavors. Multiple infusions did nothing for it either.

This tea is not bold in flavor but there is enough green tea taste to make me yearn for another stronger, more brazen cup of tea later on. The flavor is even and consistent. However, I was overcome with an urge to inject it with sugar, honey, or anything, to wake it up.

It’s tea. That’s about all to be said for this one. It’s not a bad green to accompany food without getting in the way of it, but certainly nothing to write home about. I have to admit it makes me a little nostalgic though, as it reminds me of some of the cheap green teas I enjoyed as a student in Japan. I wouldn’t seek out this particular brand, but I certainly wouldn’t say no if offered a cup.

Very satisfying. This cup is nice and clean. Perfect for the first helping of the day.

Stale tasting, wont try again

A bit on the bitter side

This is a pretty basic cup of green tea, it may not be the best cup in the world but it is far from the worst.

Rating this as an average between the bags (bleh) and the K-cups for my Keurig machine (tolerable).

The bagged version of this didn’t taste like anything special to me – just a typical light flavored green tea. We had this in our kitchen, but most of us tea drinkers have decided it isn’t for us.

The K-cup version seemed to have a stronger “green” taste to it, which was acceptable enough for me to drink but I don’t plan on ordering another set of Bigelow Green Tea K-cups again.

Very simple green tea. Great for a quick craving or if you’re on the go. Fairly bland flavor, but it still tastes decent in my opinion.