Lemon Ginger

Herbal Tea
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “i'm drinking this because an office-mate downstairs had some and i saved a bag in my desk for months and now i am at work with a stomach virus so this is obviously why i waited to drink it. i don't...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Pro-biotic tea is such a good idea! I love ginger teas, too. This one doesn't taste much like ginger, but that's okay because it still tastes good. Very light and lemony and smooth. This would...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 354 tasting notes
  • “this one's my favourite lemon ginger. it's the one i prefer to keep around, though i've got a box of twinings instead right now...i can honestly say that i prefer bigelow for this one. it's a...” Read full tasting note
    anshin 5 tasting notes
  • “Friday Feb. 18, 2011 1st Steep of The Day Started the Work Day a New Way "No Earl Grey" Went with Biggie's Lemon Ginger Herb Plus This is a Great Cup For Morning Start Up. Herb Plus...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 364 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Lemon Ginger Herb Plus Probiotics

Bursting with flavor, this caffeine-free herb tea provides a momentary break from the busy day. Best of all, it effectively delivers GanedenBC30 probiotics" , shown to maintain a health balance in your digestive tract. Now while you’re enjoying the soothing aroma and blended flavors of lemon with the hint of ginger, you’ll be sipping your way to a healthier you.

Ingredients:
lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, natural gingersnap and lemon flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), lemon verbena, rose hips, ginger, licorice root, GanedenBC30™ (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086), citric acid

Caffeine Status 0mg
Gluten Gluten Free

About Bigelow View company

i’m drinking this because an office-mate downstairs had some and i saved a bag in my desk for months and now i am at work with a stomach virus so this is obviously why i waited to drink it.
i don’t see how the probiotics can really be functional in a tea bag, but then again i went to art school, i don’t know how probiotics work. but i do know that i love them.
my protein smoothies have amazing probiotics in them. and that is why i think i am the only one in my house not barfing today. (high five)
so the tea itself is not very ginger. bummer. mostly it’s lemon and sweet. it’s meh. whatevs it’s fine. kinda like hot lemonade.

Pro-biotic tea is such a good idea!

I love ginger teas, too. This one doesn’t taste much like ginger, but that’s okay because it still tastes good. Very light and lemony and smooth. This would be an excellent tea to drink when fighting off a stomach bug or some other nasty virus.

this one’s my favourite lemon ginger. it’s the one i prefer to keep around, though i’ve got a box of twinings instead right now…i can honestly say that i prefer bigelow for this one. it’s a fairly mild lemon ginger, more lemon than ginger. which i like. it’s pretty smooth and a good one to calm an upset stomach.

Friday Feb. 18, 2011
1st Steep of The Day
Started the Work Day a New Way “No Earl Grey”
Went with Biggie’s Lemon Ginger Herb Plus
This is a Great Cup For Morning Start Up.
Herb Plus Probiotics
lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, natural gingersnap
Keep On Steepin

It taste like dessert, like a lemon meringue or something. However, it is not strong enough and has an artificial after taste. I did not enjoy this tea.

The smell of the bag was overly lemony, with a strong under-note of ginger. When I placed the bag into the water, there was a warm, almost desserty smell, a mixture of the ginger and something I couldn’t quite place. In the background is a hint of licorice, and a good amount of lemon.
For the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad stomach bug, and I’m sure this will help.
The color of the tea is a pretty dark ginger color. The taste is very delicious, with a good equality of lemon and ginger, with almost hidden under-notes of everything else. It’s a little watery, but then again I prefer my tea to be steeped much longer than the instructions say.

Spicy ginger and tangy lemon blend together for a great sick tea. I’ve been giving it to my roommate to help rehydrate and settle her stomach. Best with honey.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

meh.

this tea had a great smell when I first opened it. However, the taste was muted. It really surprised me that it was so bland. Bit I didn’t hate it and I wanted the effects of the ginger and probiotics, so I blended it with some black tea. It snapped into place and my second cup was quite good. Although, it’s not a stand alone, I will be adding this to my cupboard.

I had this tea with breakfast this morning. I really enjoyed the creamy lemon meringue taste. :)