Green Tea with Lemon

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by BananaWoo

From Bigelow

One of the fastest growing teas in popularity today is green tea. Here, Bigelow presents a delightful variation on this oriental favorite—Green Tea with Lemon. The refreshing taste of lemon adds a zesty note to the delicate flavor of green tea.

About Bigelow View company

Had this as a little afternoon pick-me-up. This teas is mostly lemon and not very much green tea. Which isn’t bad. I think it has a very pleasant flavor and it really tastes like lemon not like lemon flavoring. I am not sure I would always enjoy this tea (I think i would have to be in the mood), but today it really hit the spot.

Bigelow Tea

Caitlin,

So glad the tea hit the spot for the afternoon! Hope you enjoy it in the future too!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

Caitlin

Thanks for making yummy tea!

I am using this tea as a pick me up as I have a lot to do today. My new sofa is arriving tomorrow which is two weeks earlier than stated so I am running around like an idiot trying to get rid of my existing sofa’s and make space in the process.

As stated on the back of the packet it says to steep this tea for 3-5 minutes.

Colour: Caramel
Smell: Very zesty lemon

Taste: Although the tea smells quite strong the taste is much more mild. Very pleasant and refreshing, light with a touch of sourness. I would say it’s a good combination between the green tea and the lemon as you can taste both quite equally.

Bigelow Tea

What a wonderful review….thank you so much!
So happy you enjoyed this flavor,
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

i like this version of green tea. very light. had a cup a couple nights ago.

This is my go-to teabag tea. It’s not great, and I don’t enjoy it anywhere near as much as my loose leaf varieties, but it’s a decent tea for me to drink while I’m on the run at work and is also still decent when it’s cold, which is very helpful. I brew 34oz at a time w/ 2 tea bags in a Nalgene bottle 2-3 times per day.

I mainly drink this one at work. With lemon that is a plus? Opening the bag you can smell the lemon in the tea bag. Yet after stepping it that is a different type of tea all together. It taste no more or better then the Green Tea that Bigelow makes. It says lemon on the packet, but yet I taste no lemon. So if I can smell it but not taste, then my question is where did it go?

tea from friends
two packets of this tea were given to me by a friend to help get over being sick. perfect for a cold & rainy night spent in the studio working. drinking out of a handmade chinese tea bowl made for me by another dear friend

TeaCast

Oh no, not Bigelow! Haha just kidding, it can hit the spot sometime ;)

This tea comes with lemon peel already inside the tea bag, which gives the brew a delicate note. However, I find that the lemon essence is not to my liking, so to make it stronger I add a slice of lemon from my refrigerator while it is steeping. This seems to give it a lot more flavor, and it complements the green tea nicely. This tea does not at all need to be sweetened, but if you are trying it for the first time you may want to add a little honey.

This stuff kept me awake after lunch when I worked 9-5. My dad recommended adding lemon because it boosts green tea’s energizing effect. It could be true or it could have been a placebo effect, either way it worked for me. I did read a study that found that citrus helps your body retain the antioxidants (catechins) in green tea.

Great for a pick me up or to help you feel a little better if you’re under the weather, I can taste the lemon with the plain tea and a little honey, but I like to add more lemon when I’m feeling sick or under the weather or a thin lemon slice to the top.

I like the lemony kick I get with this tea. Please note that I steeped it with a bigelow’s green tea, ground ginger root and half a tablespoon of stevia.

It’s pretty good.