Earl Grey Green

Bergamot, Green Tea Leaves
Vanilla
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

• “A review of Earl Grey Green Tea by Bigelow Date: 10/08/2012 Company: Bigelow Tea Tea Name: Earl Grey Green Tea Type/Varietal: Green Region: Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/tea bag Plucking...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “I can't say as I enjoyed this cup but I didn't dump it down the drain either. It smells like old lady perfume. It's very pale in taste but what I can taste is the fake bergamot and floral.” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “When my wonderful girlfriend brought this tea home to me, I was a little skeptical. To me, Earl Grey and black tea were synonymous. The thought of adding bergamot to green tea was like adding fudge...” Read full tasting note
    Stoo 154 tasting notes
  • “This green tea says to brew with boiling water. You never brew green tea with boiling water. I made it with 165 F water and it tasted horrible, like the scraps from chopped garden vegetables you...” Read full tasting note
    JoeFromWI 63 tasting notes

From Bigelow

R.C. Bigelow, Inc
Fairfield, CT 06825-5512
www.bigelowtea.com

Indulge in the soothing ritual of tea. Sipped throughout the day, tea quenches, soothes, satisfies…and delivers healthful antioxidants. From the wonderful aroma that fills the air the moment it starts steeping, you will know that Bigelow tea is like no other. To create our distinctive Earl Grey Green Tea, we blend tender, hand-picked green tea leaves with natural bergamot, and then individually wrap our tea bags in flavor-protecting pouches to seal in its goodness.

Remember, adding a cup of Bigelow tea throughout your busy day can contribute to your overall well being. So sit back, relax and make tea time your time to refresh mind, body and spirit!
-——————-

Earl Grey Green Tea
Hot Tea: Pour boiling water over tea bag in a cup and steep for 2 to 4 minutes.

Freshed Brewed Iced Tea by the Bags: Pour 4 to 5 fl oz. boiling water over 1 tea bag, steep 3 to 5 minutes. Sweeten to taste. Pour into tall glass filled with iced…and enjoy.

About Bigelow View company

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light brown
Leaf Characteristics: tea bag has wonderful citron smell.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

Note: I am having this tea as my morning cup of tea and it is a lovely. I have enjoyed this tea since first I tasted it. I find the bergamot oil evenly distributed throughout tea cup. It makes the tea richer and smoother as all of this goes into creating a good cup of tea.

K S

I always loved Bigelow Earl Grey but the black tea hurt my stomach if I drank more than a cup a day. I should grab a box of this green one next time I see it.

seule771

Do so. I have been drinking it ever it was purchased for me by my in-laws. I really like the flavor/aroma and the taste; it all goes hand in hand. I think. Stay well.

I can’t say as I enjoyed this cup but I didn’t dump it down the drain either. It smells like old lady perfume. It’s very pale in taste but what I can taste is the fake bergamot and floral.

Jim Marks

green earl grays confuse me beyond almost anything except politics.

When my wonderful girlfriend brought this tea home to me, I was a little skeptical. To me, Earl Grey and black tea were synonymous. The thought of adding bergamot to green tea was like adding fudge sauce to asparagus. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by this little gem. The light tasting bergamot and green tea complement each other perfectly. The taste is enjoyably fascinating. Neither the Earl Grey nor green tea flavor overpower each other but both are definitely present and accounted for. I like to use this tea to chase down my first cup of English Breakfast tea in the morning. I find that steeping this tea for five minutes produces just the right balance of flavor. I drink this and all of my teas straight up. Like all of Bigelow’s tea formulas, there is only a slight (and not unpleasant) aftertaste at the end of the cup.

Bigelow Tea

Stoo, thanks so much for such for sharing your discovery of our Earl Grey Green, we’re happy it was a pleasant surprise!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Stoo

Thank you for checking in, Kathy! Bigelow’s Earl Grey is a great product and I am happy to sing its praises.
Stoo

This green tea says to brew with boiling water. You never brew green tea with boiling water. I made it with 165 F water and it tasted horrible, like the scraps from chopped garden vegetables you throw in the composter. The bergamot in this tea tastes like spinach. I predict this will be re-introduced.

K S

I haven’t tried this particular tea but I can tell you from experimentation that some Earl Greens can and do need boiling water. Try it their way and see if it improves.

I love this cheap tea! The green tea is not at all what green tea is supposed to be, but somehow it works. And I don’t think that the bergamot is fake, it just overpowers the base a bit. It’s kind of cheap, stale green tea preserved with bergamot oil, and you know what? It’s perfect! The flavors meld perfectly. I’m going to try Bigelow’s other Earls next.

I’m on my second box, so I enjoy having it available when I need a cup of black/green tea. I was unsure about it at first, so I was pleasantly surpised that I liked it. I don’t use cream or sugar in this tea.

Very smooth earl grey. Best with cream and sugar, and the green tea gives it a bit of a vanilla-y taste.

Flavors: Vanilla

Found a great deal on a large green tea variety pack so once again I found another excuse to get pick up more tea.

I’ve always enjoyed Earl Grey teas so I was anxious to try it with green tea. I was concerned both flavors might be compromised when combined but the familiar bergamot bite popped on the very first sip. Yummy!

Not bad, would definitely have again.

I don’t know why I like this one so much, but I do. Earl grey tea by itself doesn’t excite me much, but I drink this grey green stuff constantly at work. I think the grey makes it a little stronger than the rest of the Bigelow greens and that’s why I like it.