Constant Comment Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by barmellin

• “I believe this came from *QueenOfTarts* a good while ago. This has basically been a day of brewing all my single bagged oddities. The packet says to only brew for a minute or two, so I went with...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 490 tasting notes
  • “I've been under the weather for the past several days, so I've not been having my favorite teas (unless I had a lot of them to spare). I've also been having a lot of teas at family's houses, but my...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “I was given a box of this today by my mom's friend. My little dog went crazy for the box and even tried digging his little nose into the tea bags. I popped one in a mug and steeped for a little...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 560 tasting notes
  • “The first tea I remember drinking was Constant Comment, but I hadn't been able to have it in years as black tea often gives me headaches. Finding that they now make a green version had me through...” Read full tasting note
    gohomekiki 8 tasting notes

From Bigelow

“For over 60 years “Constant Comment” has been one of America’s favorite teas. This original Bigelow family recipe that blended golden orange peel and sweet spice with the finest mountain grown tea has brought pleasure to millions of tea drinkers. Now by popular request, we are pleased to introduce “Constant Comment” Green Tea, a tea that will bring you all the benefits green tea has to offer plus the famous “Constant Comment” orange and spice flavor."

About Bigelow View company

I believe this came from QueenOfTarts a good while ago. This has basically been a day of brewing all my single bagged oddities.

The packet says to only brew for a minute or two, so I went with two. After two minutes, it’s a little darker than a typical green tea would be. I wonder if that has something to do with the herbal/spice content. It smells like good old Constant Comment, which makes me smile.

The first thing I notice when I taste it is how much lighter it seems than the regular black version. Without the black tea’s strength to overpower the spices, they really come to the forefront. It almost has a little bit of a pleasant heat to it. Same with the orange peel. This tastes much more like oranges than the classic version. I can’t say much for the green tea aspect of it, though. It’s pretty mild and muted. I’m enjoying this much more than I expected!

I’ve been under the weather for the past several days, so I’ve not been having my favorite teas (unless I had a lot of them to spare). I’ve also been having a lot of teas at family’s houses, but my tasting notes might be off due to congestion…

On that note, this was a fun take on the Constant Comment I’m more familiar with. The tartness seemed ratcheted up, which I’m guessing is due to the green tea. I didn’t sweeten it, but if I try this one again I’m going to give that a go.

I was given a box of this today by my mom’s friend. My little dog went crazy for the box and even tried digging his little nose into the tea bags. I popped one in a mug and steeped for a little over a minute. The flavor and scent are familiar. I definitely recognize the “Constant Comment” taste, but with a different finish. I prefer this tea without the green tea finish, it just doesn’t taste like a spectacular green. This is rather comforting, still, and I may pull out some of these bags if I’m ever craving that old flavor.

Bigelow Tea

Nice to hear you gave this one a try…we appreciate your comments!

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

The first tea I remember drinking was Constant Comment, but I hadn’t been able to have it in years as black tea often gives me headaches. Finding that they now make a green version had me through the moon before I even tried it! So I’ll admit that my rating is as much for the nostalgia as anything else, but I also truly think this is a very pleasant cup of tea. Love the spiciness. Just don’t let it steep forever, as it gets as astringent as any green.

Bigelow Tea

So glad you can return to drinking Constant Comment green tea! Enjoy!!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

I love the Constant Comment flavor – it’s my go-to bagged tea. I love the medley of spices and orange-y citrus. The aroma is so soothing and reminds me of spending time with my Oma and mom. I do tend to enjoy the black tea version better as it offers up a more robust flavor profile, but I’m trying to drink more (healthy) green tea so this satisfies too.

Bigelow Tea

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Constant Comment tea! Thanks for the review.

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

Hey, it was minty! I was not expecting that at all. (Did I forget to read the other tasting notes and just assume it would be like the original Constant Comment except with green tea?) Anyway — cold brewed, for lunch. Mint not overwhelming, just “there.” Tasty and refreshing. More later, after I’ve tried it hot. Could it be I am learning to enjoy green tea?

Iced 8 min or more

I much prefer classic Constant Comment with black tea, but I didn’t want to drink black tea, lest it exacerbate my already awful insomnia. Even though it’s not exactly the Constant Comment of my childhood, it’s still comforting and soothes my dry mouth and upset stomach.

Great for cold December mornings.

Blargh! I can’t tolerate this green tea. It tastes stale, bitter, and bland. Caveat: I was drinking this before I learned how to properly steep green tea (water temp + brew time), so perhaps some of this was operator error.

8 OZ / 236 ML

So much to my glee if found that we have the Bigelow sampler in the break room at work. I saw this tea and said I know I like that black so the green should be pretty good too. I only drank about half of it….but not because it was bad. I got the crazy idea to make quinoa with it for lunch. So I let it sit in the quinoa for about half and hour, but the tails we not starting to poke out. So I put it in the microwave to finish cooking. Like steel cut oats I have found that quinoa is not best cooked in the microwave. The tea itself is pretty good. It’s one I could easily drink on a daily basis. It not bad for a quinoa base either. The only thing I found is that I tasted the “green tea funk”. That flavor that is reminds me of plastic, mylar, or latex. In my experience that comes from steeping it too long. However, this just leads to the need to try more quinoa in tea. Let the experiment begin!

gmathis

We’ve just discovered quinoa at our house…it makes sense! Lapsang…a really strong Yunnan…hmmm…

The DJBooth

I’ve tried Lapsang when we make quinoa, beans, and rice and it works pretty well.