Green Tea Decaf

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Hoss348

From Bigelow

“Mother Nature gave us a wonderful gift when she packed powerful antioxidants into Green Tea. These powerful combatants that protect the body’s healthy cells from billons of naturally occurring “free radicals”, unstable molecules that when left unchecked, may lead to a host of degenerative diseases. Studies show that drinking 2-3 cups of tea per day may improve your chances of fending off these invaders.
But not all green teas taste the same. Bigelow® uses only finest quality tea grown in higher-elevation gardens and hand picked at its peak. What more can you ask for, a product that contains antioxidants and tastes great! Decaffeinated Green Tea offers the same delicious flavor of regular Green Tea in a naturally decaffeinated form. Our natural decaffeination process removes 99.6% of the caffeine without sacrificing flavor or the benefits of green tea."

About Bigelow View company

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I just fixed myself a nice hot cup of this green tea which is decaffeinated. Tea has a nice color and teas’ aroma is clean and fresh with mild astringent. Since green tea is high in anti-oxidant making it good for me as well. All that I note in this tea is its smoothness and that it is plainly tea with nothing more added.

I have plenty of teas to sample and don’t need to snag tea from my mother -in-law but at times it seems easier to simply nook a cup of tea and not really do much with it. I call it, nook and go cup of tea.

Bigelow Tea

Thanks so much for you review of the Green Tea Decaffeinated, we enjoyed reading your comments!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

It is green. It is tea. It is decaf. It’s just meh.

Another involuntary weekend away from home…my dad is two for two on Fridays (last week, hospital for kidney stones; this week, hospital for clots in leg). Had to pack fast and my bagged stash is low, so I grabbed this at the farm to drink en route to hospital.

I rarely meet a Bigelow tea I don’t like, but this one was really washed out. Almost soapy tasting. Green teas are light enough I think trying to further decaffeinate just washes out the flavor.

ashmanra

Sorry to hear about your dad! Did the meds for the kidney stones cause the blood clots? May better tea and times come your way SOON!

gmathis

He’s just got an on-call dr. this weekend, whom I missed, so I have only the vaguest details.

The tea hasn’t improved…I picked up a cheapie English breakfast at WalMart…review to follow; I’m having to grab wifi fixes at McDonalds. How do you spell pleaugggggh?

ashmanra

I think you nailed it!

Okay, you know what? No. Just… no.

I was in the middle of watching The Sing-Off, and wanted a quick cup of decaf to go with my TV watching. So I dunked this one in and… BLECH.

There’s no way in hell this remotely tastes like green tea. In fact, it pretty much tastes like nothing. There’s almost a stale flavor to it, a “bagged” flavor, if you will. This one just reminds me of what I disliked about tea when I hated it just a few months ago. Dirty dishwater.

At points I do taste somewhat of a sweetness, but really, this just tastes like a weak black. I’m not really getting “green” in the flavor at all. So yeah, I won’t be having more of this in the near future. Sorry Bigelow, but I’ve moved on to way bigger and better things than this one-note debacle.

Jillian

One you go loose-leaf, you can never go back! ;)

Ricky

It’s like me and Tazo Joy! I cheated on it for loose leaf. It’s a sad day. I have to redo all my ratings eventually.

Suzi

We have this tea at work, and I drink it sometimes – but you’re right. It’s nasty.

Cofftea

I’ve had this at Applebee’s before. They give me lemon so I put that in and sometimes blend it w/ the other choice they give me. Peppermint is good. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s not your Japanese loose leaf… but it’s tea.

takgoti

Aw, sad panda.

Sometimes I’m in the mood for a cup of green tea, but it’s too late in the evening for a cup of green tea. I think this means I should save the cup of green tea for the next morning, but I try some decaf green teas.

This gave a light, rose-brown liquor. The aroma over the cup is a generic green tea. I caught a quite faint floral aroma in my first sniff.

The first taste from a sip reminds me, strangely enough, of licking envelope glue (but the glue on good envelopes). Beneath, there is some bitter.

This gives me moderate astringency and a nice sweet aftertaste.

I’m still not sure if tea flavor looses “oomph” in the decaffeination or less “oomphy” leaves are used for these teas. I do have to think that this one tastes different than it would without decaffeination. I am on a possibly fruitless search for tastier decaf greens.

Bigelow Tea

We appreciate your review of our Green Decaffeinated….decaf teas do use the same tea leaves as the regular green tea, but once the decaffeination process is said & done, it will change the flavor profile slightly. If you’d like to try our new flavored Green Decaffeinated teas, Green w/Pomegranate, Green w/Blueberry, as well as our Green w/Lemon Decaf, just give us a call to request a sample at 1-888-244-3569
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

If you have to watch you’re caffeine intake, but still crave green tea this is a pretty good substitute. I have had a couple more expensive brands of decaf, but both of them turned funny colors if they steep to long. I also mix this with other teas like Mint Medley make other flavors I like, but can’t find in decaf.