Constant Comment

Citrus, Orange, Cardamon, Spicy, Cinnamon, Smooth, Bitter, Orange Zest, Spices, Clove, Cloves, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was reading one of my classmate's essays for senior seminar and it was about her family--her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the things that...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 532 tasting notes
  • “So, I'm sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 485 tasting notes
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That's what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you remember....” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie's Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 364 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

This tea gets really strong, really fast! It’s far too bracing if left to brew too long; I prefer this with a shorter brew time of 3 minutes or less. It’s nice with a touch of sugar. This was one of my mother’s favourite teas, and just the scent of it brings me back to wintery mornings in the kitchen, watching the deer outside in the backyard. I love this tea for that reason, though I rarely keep it on hand.

ETA: Upon visiting my parents for the holiday this November, I had a nostalgic cup of this again. The same as ever, excellent with just a little sugar.

Let me just say something here. One, this tastes like sh*t. Two, I do NOT like spiced teas. Three, this tea smells Christmasy!

This is a fairly decent orange spice tea. It has a lot of orange flavor and isn’t bitter as long as you don’t steep for over 3 minutes. I really don’t care for the spices in this tea, but I generally don’t like cloves in anything. Prepared with stevia and occasionally almond milk.

This tea is not overwhelming – it’s very mild. I enjoy with a teaspoon of honey.

I have a possibly irrational love of this tea because I have drunk it since I was eleven or so. Leave the bag in the water for a while, since it’s a tad on the weak side.

When I first tried this I really liked it, but I think I also am becoming a tea snob because it’s starting to lose it’s charm. The orange is now musty, the spice is too dusty, wah wah wah…

This is an obvious personal taste tea to me. I don’t really care for it. Too busy with too many powerful flavors other than tea. Yet I can understand how others could like it.

Like previous posters, this tea is nostalgic for me. My mom used to mix it with Tang to make a hot beverage. Lowering the steep time helps alleviate the bitterness of the black tea. I find it sweet enough to enjoy without adding a sweetener.

This tea is available at my work, and is largely responsible for converting me to a tea drinker. Love the orange flavoring and the sweet aroma.

This tea is ok, a very generic orange tea (but with a lot of orange flavor). My box has bags made for 3 cups, so making tea for myself is not easy. overall, ok, not too bad, but not great.