Constant Comment

Citrus, Orange, Cardamon, Spicy, Cinnamon, Smooth, Bitter, Orange Zest, Spices, Clove, Cloves, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was reading one of my classmate's essays for senior seminar and it was about her family--her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the things that...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 531 tasting notes
  • “So, I'm sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 484 tasting notes
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That's what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you remember....” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie's Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 364 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

I add milk to almost all of my teas, and Bigelow’s Constant Comment is no exception. But I love the way it tastes, light and creamy and warm with just a hint of citrus, not enough to curdle the milk.

Honestly, this is my favorite teak and I drink multiple cups of it throughout the day. Definitely something I will be purchasing for the rest of my life.

Bigelow Tea

What a wonderful review of our flagship tea…thank you so much for being a life long fan!
Kathy

It’s a little hard to rate the tea that has somewhat of a cult status, though I am not sure if teas can do that. I am usually very picky when it comes to anything “spiced” but this tea sure hits the balance just right. It’s a perfect any time of the day tea when you need to warm up from inside – hearty, soothing, rich. It’s complex enough to savour, so yea, it lives up to it’s cult status. Also, how can you hate on anything that has a cool coming to be story :P

Bigelow Tea

Really enjoyed reading your review of our flagship tea….the story is pretty cool isn’t it?
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

I am literally writing this as i’m drinking the tea. I got this tea as a sample bag inside of a box of Bigelow Vanilla Chai tea I just picked up at the grocery store.I read some reviews of it before I decided to drink it, wondering if it would be something I would like. Well, it is. This tastes amazing. Only problem is, it’s soooo clove-y. Not that it’s bad, but I tasted right after I was done steeping it, before I added splenda, it tasted like I just drank some cloves. After I added 3 teaspoons of splenda and a dash of 2% Milk, the clove flavor toned down a little and I tasted the orange flavor. Needless to say, I will be buying a box of this. :)

Bigelow Tea

Thanks so much for giving our Constant Comment a try…so happy you’ve prepared it in a way to enjoy to go out and buy a box….we really do appreciate that
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

I’ve found that this tea is better when removed from the tea bag and brewed in a pot. The flavor is cleaner, and you don’t taste the paper.
As usual, I don’t add sugar — I prefer to enjoy the slight bitterness.

Bigelow Tea

Elsworth, we’re happy you’ve discovered the best way for you to enjoy this classic flavor….we appreciate your comments
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

For me, this tea cannot be separated from all the wonderful memories associated with it. This has been my “studying” tea ever since I was 12, and whenever I get stressed having a cup of this calms me down. I steep it longer than recommended, maybe 4-5 minutes and then add a little bit of sugar.

Growing up (in the 70s and 80s), this was our “fancy tea” – we only had it for Christmas or when someone wasn’t feeling good. It’s still a comforting tea to me; a nice rich blend of black tea with orange and spices. It’s great on a cold day with sugar and cream.

Bigelow Tea

Great to hear your memories that our Constant Comment brings….so glad you continue to enjoy this flavor.
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This is my daily go-to tea. I probably drink 3 bags a day, some of it being decaf. I even use it to blend with other teas. One of my favourite blends is a bag of Oolong, a Tetley British Blend pouch along with a Constant Comment in a 10-ounce mug steeped to about four minutes (but remove the Oolong bag after two minutes or it will dominate the blend). Absolute heaven!

I’ve just had my first cup of Constant Comment and I can honestly say I dislike it…alot. It smelled like liquorish which is a smell and flavor I hate. I had trouble finishing the cup. I don’t think I’ll be finishing this tea anytime soon.

Staying in a small town and I ran out of the tea I’d brought with me… thus limited to the rather small selection in the local grocery store.

I was pleased to see this, though, as it is quite good enough to serve in a pinch. Holds up well to my lazy habit of not timing the steeping and my cheap-o habit of stealing a second steep from the same bag.

The tea is well-balanced with the other flavors. Not oily like Bigelow’s Earl Grey.

Jennifer,

Glad you enjoyed the Constant Comment tea. Did you know that this was the first tea made ever by the Bigelow family? Just a little history to share.

Thanks,

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

I have to agree that this makes a great comfort tea. I also associate it with autumn. With my daughter going off to her first day of middle school and the temperature becoming cooler this morning, Constant Comment seemed like great choice.

Bigelow Tea

Sounds great to us as well! Good luck to your daughter!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea