Constant Comment

Black Tea, Orange Peel, Spices
Citrusy, Cloves, Orange Zest, Spices, Orange, Cinnamon, Smooth, Citrus, Cardamon, Spicy, Bitter, Clove, Cream
Bulk, Tea Bag
Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by linx810

• “I was reading one of my classmate’s essays for senior seminar and it was about her family—her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes
  • “So, I’m sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 529 tasting notes
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That’s what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie’s Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 370 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

A favorite from childhood, the orange notes were always what I drank when I had a cold. Mom’s “Spice tea, please”, a perennial comfort food.

Angrboda

This made me smile. Mostly because we’ve just had a long discussion about Leonard Cohen and his reference to this tea in one of his songs on one of JacquelineM’s posts. :)

Nice thing about this “commercial” brew….its good even after it has cooled off to room temp (although I’d swear that was “ICED tea” around the office today.

I forget about this old standby until I am offered a cup, and then I remember that it’s just wonderful! Slightly citrus-y, slightly complicated, always good. Takes milk and sweetener well.

The orange zest and spices are just amazing in this. You can really taste the cloves in it, which I love. I drink the decaf version all the time.

Flavors: Citrusy, Cloves, Orange Zest, Spices

One of my all time favorites! Grew up drinking it and still love it. Make sure to not over steep or it’ll get bitter.

I attended a managers meeting yesterday at a winery, and while they didn’t serve wine…there was a chest of teas!

This one was the most “unique” out of the bunch. The majority were Bigelow. I’ve always considered Bigelow green to be my baseline for a plain jane good cup of tea, so I was sure it would at least be decent.

Following in line with my feelings on the green…this spiced tea was just a plain jane good cup of spiced tea. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get any taste of citrus though.

195 °F / 90 °C

My all time favorite. Spicy and citrusy and invigorating. I never go on duty without it, but I can’t drink it on an empty stomach so I tend to have it with meals or atleast a snack. Just smelling it makes me feel warm and cozy and happy.

This is the tea that first got me hooked. :)

I’m pretty riding the fence any time I drink this tea. On the one hand it’s pretty decent for a bagged black tea. But on the other hand compared to some of the good loose leaf I’ve had it doesn’t come close.
Even if the taste doesn’t make you scream out for joy, the smell is quite nice. Definitely a scent that would be soothing and relaxing on a cold or stressful day.
I taste and smell the orange flavor for sure. It lingers as the aftertaste for quite awhile too. The spices are right there in the background when you take a sip.
Wouldn’t write home about this tea, but it’s a decent cheap tea bag.

Flavors: Orange Zest, Spices

I’ve sampled this from a package of Vanilla Chai by Bigelow and was intrigued by the scent of this tea. However, I felt I was hit with the strong aroma and taste of cloves. I am not a fan of cloves, although I did enjoy how unique the flavor was. I did sense hints of orange, and nothing else. I am now curious to taste older versions of this flavor after having read many reviews by loyal Bigelow tea drinkers having this for 50+ years. I was honored to have sampled Bigelow’s first and original tea flavors.

Flavors: Cloves, Orange