Constant Comment

Bitter, Orange Zest, Spices, Clove, Orange, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was reading one of my classmate's essays for senior seminar and it was about her family--her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the things that...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “So, I'm sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That's what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you remember....” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie's Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 364 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

Can’t beat a classic. A little orange-y, a little spicy, this is one of those teas that won’t let you down when you just don’t know what you want.

Sadly I am one of the few people who did not grow up on this tea. I have just recently tried this and so far I have to say that it is not horrendous. I really like the orange spicy flavor and will probably have to steep some very soon.

Boiling

First the teabag smell was really strong. Im not fond of the auroma but i like the taste

A great tea for a cold fall evening – the orange flavor is lovely, and it’s just spicy enough for my liking. Hadn’t had it in ages, and found a lone tea bag lurking in my stash (courtesy of a handful of tea bags handed to me by the lovely lady at the hotel desk on my last trip, when I had a Lack Of Tea Crisis), so I figured it might be time to brew it up. :-)

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I’m not really into black teas but my coworker offered me some of this. I liked the smell more than anything. Really nice and clove-y. But without additives it was a little too bitter for my taste. Maybe I steeped it too long. I’ll probably never buy this one.

Constant Comment has long been one of my favorite teas. The taste is excellent and I find it highly relaxing and enjoyable. I have talked with many vocal tea drinkers who believe that Constant Comment by Bigelow is the most trustworthy and tasteful tea on the market. I highly encourage you to try it.

Good staple to fall back on. Really liking it lately. :)

This tea gets really strong, really fast! It’s far too bracing if left to brew too long; I prefer this with a shorter brew time of 3 minutes or less. It’s nice with a touch of sugar. This was one of my mother’s favourite teas, and just the scent of it brings me back to wintery mornings in the kitchen, watching the deer outside in the backyard. I love this tea for that reason, though I rarely keep it on hand.

ETA: Upon visiting my parents for the holiday this November, I had a nostalgic cup of this again. The same as ever, excellent with just a little sugar.

Let me just say something here. One, this tastes like sh*t. Two, I do NOT like spiced teas. Three, this tea smells Christmasy!

This is a fairly decent orange spice tea. It has a lot of orange flavor and isn’t bitter as long as you don’t steep for over 3 minutes. I really don’t care for the spices in this tea, but I generally don’t like cloves in anything. Prepared with stevia and occasionally almond milk.