Constant Comment

Orange, Smooth, Spices, Orange Zest, Cloves, Citrus, Cardamon, Spicy, Cinnamon, Bitter, Clove, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was reading one of my classmate's essays for senior seminar and it was about her family--her mom, specifically. It was so well written that it made me homesick for my mom. Two of the things that...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 540 tasting notes
  • “So, I'm sick and staying with family/friends in Colorado. I was craving some comfort tea from the moment I woke up. Something with lavender. So my cold-medicine-addled self put on boots and...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 498 tasting notes
  • “Had this for afternoon tea. I think I overbrewed it a bit, but it was still drinkable. That's what is great about this tea- it takes abuse and still tastes pretty much the same way you remember....” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. After 2 Hours of Shoveling Snow. Came in to a Steamy Hot Cup Of Biggie's Constant Comment. Could not have been a Better Choice this Morning. Big...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 364 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Created by Ruth Bigelow in her kitchen over 60 years ago “Constant Comment” is today America’s most popular specialty tea. This original blend of the finest mountain-grown tea is deliciously flavored with rind of oranges and sweet spice. There’s no other tea in the world quite like it.

About Bigelow View company

My boyfriend’s mom actually turned me on to this tea because it’s apparently her mother’s favorite and I can see why. It’s orange spice black tea, basically. I steep for five or more minutes (I like really strong tea) and add a dash of sugar and a splash of cream and it’s delicious. The lightly spiced scent is so comforting, I’d never turn down a cup of it! This is definitely one I always have on hand.

I kind of hated this tea when I first got it. I wasn’t overly fond of the the almost syrupy citrus-spice taste (not a great description), but I’ve come to like it. I don’t have a sentimental nostalgia story to go with it, but it was a pretty good drink.

This tea is a great cup for a cold morning. It has just the right zest to wake up taste buds and yet it’s not overpowering. I haven’t had it in a while, but it was surprisingly cold this morning, so I pulled it out for a great start for the day.

the flavor was stronger than i expected. i dont usually steep my teas for too long, it tasted better by the 2nd and 3rd steeps :)

i tried mixing it with a plain black tea and steeping for a shorter time. tasted better.

i love how this flavor mellows down and mixes with my other teabags in one mug :)

Iv’e been drinking this tea for over 40 years. I have tried other teas but always go back to it. Every morning. It keeps me young(just kidding) the flavor is mild it doesn’t have a bitter taste and it gives you a little jump start to the day. I would hate if they stopped making it.

Found this tea very refreshing. Have not had this in ages great for a brisk June morning in Michigan.

I always have to have this tea on hand. It has been a favorite for over 20 years. The oranges mixed with spices is so wonderful, it just makes you stop to smell and enjoy.

Can’t beat a classic. A little orange-y, a little spicy, this is one of those teas that won’t let you down when you just don’t know what you want.

Sadly I am one of the few people who did not grow up on this tea. I have just recently tried this and so far I have to say that it is not horrendous. I really like the orange spicy flavor and will probably have to steep some very soon.

Boiling

First the teabag smell was really strong. Im not fond of the auroma but i like the taste