Vanilla Caramel

Caramel, Dark Bittersweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Anyanka

2 Images

• “My mom is attempting to switch from coffee to tea. She loves loose-leaf but she pretty much won't make it unless I am around. She's convinced that she'll mess them up, but really I think she just...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “This blend usually gets passed over in favour of Vanilla Chai when I'm in the mood for a vanilla tea, but every time I have it I remember that I really like it. The smell can be a bit strange, I...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes
  • “My love of vanilla will send me in quest of new and diffrent teas anytime. This isnt bad, but its certainly not a well balanced medly of tea and vanilla, like the best are. This is pure bottled...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 674 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this tea on the lower end of the recommendations, 2 minutes, and it was quite strong black tea flavor with a nice sweet aftertaste. I think I'll go back to my previous brewing method for...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Bigelow

How can something so incredibly delicious have no calories and be good for you too? It’s true! Bigelow Vanilla Caramel Tea has the rich, creamy flavor of caramel yet contains no calories. And because this delicious blend contains black tea, it has the added benefit of healthy antioxidants. When you feel you need a moment for yourself, relax with its wonderful aroma and unforgettable taste. Or use it in place of high calorie desserts, since its natural sweetness will satisfy even the most demanding “sweet tooth”.

About Bigelow View company

This tea smells and tastes very strongly of caramel and vanilla – or rather, of caramel and vanilla coffee syrups. I’m having a hard time separating the two flavors (which are pretty much all I’m getting – the black base is rather faint). Unsurprisingly, this tea is quite sweet. The flavors are a bit on the artificial side, but not in a particularly bad way. This isn’t an outstanding tea, but it’s a pleasant grocery store option and I ended up enjoying my cup more than I’d expected to. Thanks to moraiwe for including this in my swap package!

This was the grossest tea I have tried. To me it’s extremely artificial, smells absolutely terrible, and the taste is amazingly cloying and cheap feeling to me. I actually threw the box away after trying it, and for hours afterwards every time I thought about my experience with this tea I felt a twinge of nausea! I took sips of it as it was cooling and it kept growing worse.

forever my favorite. Milk and honey makes it sweet and lovely.

I bough this tea for those times when I’m in the mood for straightforward dessert flavors and don’t want to think too hard about what kind. Guess what? That’s what this tea tastes like. It tastes like a tea that I bought from Ralphs. The caramel overpowers the vanilla, and if it steeps for more than a couple minutes, it’s basically a disaster cup of I Hate Myself And My Choices, but it’ll do the trick during those moments where you’re bored, have a sweetness craving, and vending machine cake sounds like a good idea. You know, those times.

Wow, the last time I drank this tea was over five years ago. It tastes fake, it is not that delicious, but it provides a quelling to the afternoon sweet tooth.

Had an unexpected panic attack, this was the first thing I turned to after queueing up Doctor Who and getting a brownie. This just happened to be the first tea I grabbed. Same preparation as before, but added some room-temperature water to the cup before pouring in the hot-pot water. It went funny at the end.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Sugar and hazelnut creamer…after a midterm…perfect…=D

Was one of my favorites until dietary changes, realized there were dairy esters in it. Had a great flavor with sweetened original almond milk, kind of bitter or funky without. Good desert tea if you’re in the habit of adding a creamer/milk, but I think it needs it. Sweet, the caramel is obvious. The vanilla was almost too much for me, but I’m not the biggest fan of stand alone vanilla unless the “mood strikes”.

Bigelow Tea

Thanks for the review Eibhilin.

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

The first time I tried this, I did not like it at all. It tasted overly sweet, chemical-y and went immediately out of my usual rotation. However, after finishing my first box of Trader Joe’s Vanilla and Cinnamon, and unable to buy another at the time, I gave this one another shot, and I’m very glad I did.

It’s a nice alternative to my usual morning tea, with stronger dark notes, and a nice burnt caramel overtone.

Flavors: Caramel, Dark Bittersweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

I did not care for this as it reminded me of cookies in a bad way :/
I just don’t know what to do with the rest of the box

Cheri