Vanilla Caramel

Caramel, Dark Bittersweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Anyanka

2 Images

• “My mom is attempting to switch from coffee to tea. She loves loose-leaf but she pretty much won't make it unless I am around. She's convinced that she'll mess them up, but really I think she just...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “This blend usually gets passed over in favour of Vanilla Chai when I'm in the mood for a vanilla tea, but every time I have it I remember that I really like it. The smell can be a bit strange, I...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes
  • “My love of vanilla will send me in quest of new and diffrent teas anytime. This isnt bad, but its certainly not a well balanced medly of tea and vanilla, like the best are. This is pure bottled...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 827 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this tea on the lower end of the recommendations, 2 minutes, and it was quite strong black tea flavor with a nice sweet aftertaste. I think I'll go back to my previous brewing method for...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Bigelow

How can something so incredibly delicious have no calories and be good for you too? It’s true! Bigelow Vanilla Caramel Tea has the rich, creamy flavor of caramel yet contains no calories. And because this delicious blend contains black tea, it has the added benefit of healthy antioxidants. When you feel you need a moment for yourself, relax with its wonderful aroma and unforgettable taste. Or use it in place of high calorie desserts, since its natural sweetness will satisfy even the most demanding “sweet tooth”.

About Bigelow View company

I was afraid to taste this tea because when I went to pour boiling water over the bag I was assaulted with the scent of artificial sweetness.

“The truth must prevail!” I told myself and did my best to ignore the smell and take a sip. And then another to be sure I was judging the taste and not just burning my tongue.

It pretty much tastes like…..black tea with artificial sweeteners .-. I don’t know if it’s because of the diabetes, but the fake sweetness dominates and just ruins the tea for me.

Sadness :< I really wanted to like this one.

There are two things that experimentation has taught me about this tea:
1) it is best served with milk (perhaps some sort of sweetener, but definitely milk) as directed.
2) it is also best served in as big a mug as possible.

I’m not sure why this is, especially the second one. But… it just seems the most fitting to drink this mug out of a large mug. The size and feel just… fit the taste.

The taste itself is rich, just a little sweet, and with a strong caramel flavour that hits right as you sip. The milk adds a creaminess to it, which makes the mouth feel match the flavour quite well. Are there ways that this blend could be improved? Probably. But it’s a nice, robust, strong-flavoured tea and I love it.

A spoonful of sweetened condensed milk makes this tea way better :) I love the creamy mellowness, and I appreciate that it isn’t extremely “tea” flavored.

This is my favorite tea hands down. I add a little bit of milk and some sweetener to it and I think it really brings out the flavor.

Boiling

Oh, how I love this stuff.
I love it so much its ridiculous. I didn’t care for it the first time I tried it (didn’t steep it nearly long enough) but after doing it again, and using a bit more sugar and cream, its like liquid candy to me.

I honestly didn’t know what to make of this when I tried it. I wouldn’t know how to describe it, but I just couldn’t place the flavor. Not quite vanilla, not quite caramel, but still sweet and somehow pleasant despite the fact it didn’t taste anything like what it should.

Yum! The caramel flavor is strong and reminds me of the really buttery taste of caramel corn. It is almost a butterscotch type taste, but not quite (I normally hate butterscotch). The vanilla flavor isn’t overly strong. This tea is great when I’m feeling really lazy and just want something warm and comforting. I don’t think it’s possible to screw this tea up, I’ve oversteeped it many times and it has still tasted fine. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

Ugh. Strike 2 for Bigelow.
Another gone wrong perhaps? Or does roobis really hate me?

Amount: 1 teabag
Additives: none
Water: hot water spigot and paper cup
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Notes: adding sugar helped smooth out the bitter and bring out the flavors other than black tea

Smell: Caramel, Vanilla
Flavor: black tea, vanilla, caramel, unremarkable
Body: medium
Aftertaste: bitter

I like this one, but not so much on its own. It complements chocolate/peanut butter type foods well.