Vanilla Caramel

Caramel, Dark Bittersweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Anyanka

2 Images

From Bigelow

How can something so incredibly delicious have no calories and be good for you too? It’s true! Bigelow Vanilla Caramel Tea has the rich, creamy flavor of caramel yet contains no calories. And because this delicious blend contains black tea, it has the added benefit of healthy antioxidants. When you feel you need a moment for yourself, relax with its wonderful aroma and unforgettable taste. Or use it in place of high calorie desserts, since its natural sweetness will satisfy even the most demanding “sweet tooth”.

About Bigelow View company

I did not care for this as it reminded me of cookies in a bad way :/
I just don’t know what to do with the rest of the box

Cheri

Offer it up as a swap?

I was afraid to taste this tea because when I went to pour boiling water over the bag I was assaulted with the scent of artificial sweetness.

“The truth must prevail!” I told myself and did my best to ignore the smell and take a sip. And then another to be sure I was judging the taste and not just burning my tongue.

It pretty much tastes like…..black tea with artificial sweeteners .-. I don’t know if it’s because of the diabetes, but the fake sweetness dominates and just ruins the tea for me.

Sadness :

There are two things that experimentation has taught me about this tea:
1) it is best served with milk (perhaps some sort of sweetener, but definitely milk) as directed.
2) it is also best served in as big a mug as possible.

I’m not sure why this is, especially the second one. But… it just seems the most fitting to drink this mug out of a large mug. The size and feel just… fit the taste.

The taste itself is rich, just a little sweet, and with a strong caramel flavour that hits right as you sip. The milk adds a creaminess to it, which makes the mouth feel match the flavour quite well. Are there ways that this blend could be improved? Probably. But it’s a nice, robust, strong-flavoured tea and I love it.

A spoonful of sweetened condensed milk makes this tea way better :) I love the creamy mellowness, and I appreciate that it isn’t extremely “tea” flavored.

This is my favorite tea hands down. I add a little bit of milk and some sweetener to it and I think it really brings out the flavor.

Boiling

Oh, how I love this stuff.
I love it so much its ridiculous. I didn’t care for it the first time I tried it (didn’t steep it nearly long enough) but after doing it again, and using a bit more sugar and cream, its like liquid candy to me.

I honestly didn’t know what to make of this when I tried it. I wouldn’t know how to describe it, but I just couldn’t place the flavor. Not quite vanilla, not quite caramel, but still sweet and somehow pleasant despite the fact it didn’t taste anything like what it should.

Yum! The caramel flavor is strong and reminds me of the really buttery taste of caramel corn. It is almost a butterscotch type taste, but not quite (I normally hate butterscotch). The vanilla flavor isn’t overly strong. This tea is great when I’m feeling really lazy and just want something warm and comforting. I don’t think it’s possible to screw this tea up, I’ve oversteeped it many times and it has still tasted fine. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

Ugh. Strike 2 for Bigelow.
Another gone wrong perhaps? Or does roobis really hate me?

Amount: 1 teabag
Additives: none
Water: hot water spigot and paper cup
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Notes: adding sugar helped smooth out the bitter and bring out the flavors other than black tea

Smell: Caramel, Vanilla
Flavor: black tea, vanilla, caramel, unremarkable
Body: medium