Apple Cider

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz

• “I can't believe I've not logged this one yet...I know I've had it. Anyway, I brewed a strong cup of this up this afternoon. It went at least 10 minutes (one of the plant operations guys stopped...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I have been on hiatus for a bit, because I graduated with my bachelors! Now I have to find a job and begin the process for grad school applications. Oh joy! So I wouldn't have purchased this...” Read full tasting note
    alm430 64 tasting notes
  • “I don't know why I haven't logged this tea yet! Big thanks to *Jaime* for a few bags of this tea. I had another crazy day at work and needed something to help me unwind (even after a LONG nap!)...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 523 tasting notes
  • “Ooh, I really like this one. It's more appley than spicy, but in a good way. It tastes like real apple cider. If I had more, I would definitely let it steep longer, however. It's good like...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 469 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Spiced Apple Cider Herb Tea

About Bigelow View company

Sipdown!! (161)

Thank you Allie for the chance to try this tea. As I brewed it up, I immediately noticed the pink color that really only comes from one thing…hibiscus. Checking the ingredients list only confirmed my suspicions. So sipping on the tea now, I am getting a lot of hibiscus, a hint of apple, and some strange combination of spices. It is really a weird cup and not one I intend to have ever again.

Oh, I keep trying to like this one! Bought a box of it about a week ago and I’ve used 6 of the tea bags so far. When consumed without any sweetener, it’s pretty sour, like most fruit teas. The apple flavor is kind of there for me, but I mostly taste cinnamon. Although I adore cinnamon in recipes, for some reason I’m not especially fond of cinnamon in tea. Tea companies seem to put too much of it in their blends and it ends up tasting like those awful cinnamon pine cones at the store smell. There are some other spice flavors in there, but the main things are a slightly unpleasant sourness and the strong cinnamon. Tonight I tried it with a bit of sweetener and it did bring out the apple flavor more, but this still is not my favorite. For some reason I keep finding myself drinking it though so I’m sure I’ll finish the box! Just might not buy it again.

I really didn’t care for this one. To me, it didn’t taste anything like apple cider…just hibiscus. I prepared it without any sugar, so I will give it another shot with sugar, and see how it goes. I’m not hopeful. :(

I really wanted to like this tea!!!

Delicious! Tastes exactly like apple cider, without the sugar. I wish this wasn’t a seasonal flavor.

It’s not offensive – in fact it does not have the overpowering clove flavor that most hot apple ciders have. However, it didn’t hit the mark with me. Also, why the soy lecithin Bigelow?

Not bad, but given the choice I think I’d rather have the real thing. However, if I’m traveling in the fall, this would be nice to have on hand. It has a wonderful smell. Definitely steep it for as long as your patience allows, though.

Highly recommended herbal tea, especailly paired with dessert, peanut butter sandwiches or cheese. Individually wrapped, too. I don’t know about you, but I like to sniff the foil pouch after I take the tea bag out and this pouch smelled like Juicy Fruit gum. However, the tea does not taste like Juicy Fruit. I wonder if the “natural flavors” listed include any dandelion and burdock, which make up the core flavorings of Juicy Fruit gum.