Sweet Dreams

Chamomile, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Rose Blossom Leaves, Spearmint, Spices
Mint, Orange, Rose, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I’m not sure if I like chamomile. So before I try the Citrus Dream sample from Butiki Teas, I’ll try this bagged tea first. This mostly smells like mint when dry. Once brewed, it has a slight...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 559 tasting notes
  • “Back late from a photography lecture and to see work at a gallery - not work that I found interesting. Ugh. I had just enough energy left to pop teabags in mugs with some honey before bed. This is...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Ughhhhhh insomnia! I usually stay away from Bigelow blends, unless it's either the straight chamomile or the straight peppermint ones, because they tend to be WAY too fast and loose with the...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 381 tasting notes
  • “This was actually pretty good! I wasn't expecting much per some of the reviews here, but I liked it! The chamomile really helped settle me down, and I look forward to having this again. The mint...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Bigelow Sweet Dreams Herbal Tea, Relaxing Blend of Chamomile & Mint, Caffeine Free

Chamomile Flowers, Hibiscus Flowers, Peppermint Leaves, Rose Blossoms, Spearmint Leaves, Spice, Orange Blossoms.

About Bigelow View company

I’m not a fan of herbal teas. To me, the majority are much too alike and this, while pleasant, is too.

Cofftea

Neither am I. If I want tea I want tea, not a tisane. But I do mix herbals w/ true tea often.

I usually hate chamomile, but I actually like this stuff. Not enough to make it often, but every once in a while, I get a craving. My boyfriend is absolutely enamored with it, though. I have to steep it forever it seems, though.

Boiling 8 min or more
Bigelow Tea

Nick, well we’re happy this flavor satisfies your occasional craving!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This tea is really well blended in that the drinker can distinguish all of the ingredients and I like that about it. As far as nighttime teas go, however, this is good but it is not my favorite.

Admittedly, I’ve not been feeling the best today. We all have our physically off days, and this was one of mine. But even through the ickiness, the soothing, sweet mix of mint and chamomile has been lovely. It almost tastes like there’s honey in it, though I know better. (Another time I may add some, just to see how it goes. I wonder if the sweetness would be a nice complement, or if it would become too sweet with it?)
Anyway, this was a good tea choice for tonight, and even cooled it’s going down wonderfully and soothingly. Hooray for good choices and good cuppas.

My before bed tea. It’s a simple chamomile and mint tea. Nothing too outstanding about it, but it’s soothing and nice to sip on while reading a cheesy mystery novel.

gmathis

What cheesy mystery? (I like ’em that way myself, sometimes.)

Veronica

The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters. It’s the second book in the Amelia Peabody series. It’s complete mind candy, and I’m enjoying it thoroughly. :)

gmathis

I love Amelia and Emerson! Have read almost all, but the earlier ones are the best.

Veronica

Please tell me Ramses is in the later books and a holy terror! He cracks me up.

gmathis

He grows up! Holy terror evolves into a hero/daredevil.

Relieved a certain office of a bag of this, and a few other Bigelow blends. It’s not really my thing, but I wanted to try it, just to say I did on here. Chamomile isn’t anything I care about so my review will be biased.

Dry bag smells mostly of mint, and a tad bit of chamomile. Steeped is mostly the same but the hibiscus really comes out. Brownish liquid with chamomile aroma.

I used the bag because I wasn’t in the mood to clean up after making a proper tea, so, meh…

Nice, I enjoy this very much- it gives me a natural, pleasant, sleepy feeling. The taste is soothing, sweet with a touch of orange and mint. The sweetness is stronger thanks to the touch of mint. This is one of my favorite herbal teas, especially for relaxation or before bed!

Flavors: Mint, Orange, Rose, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is very simple, but works. It really calms me down and by combining it with a warm shower, you can fall asleep in minutes.

I admit to having been spoiled by Harney & Sons’ super fresh and delicious Egyptian Chamomile, but even Pukka Love is a lot better than this Sweet Dreams chamomile blend from Bigelow. It tastes either stale or sour—or perhaps both. Perhaps the mint is old, or perhaps the hibiscus is making the whole mess taste sour. I know that this particular bag is not old, because it came from a new box in my housemate’s cupboard. It’s just not good.

To dump or refrigerate? That is the question.

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

I’ve been trying to do some nighttime blends to see which I really prefer. Right now I’ve not seen a big difference except for Soothing Caramel Bedtime by Yogi. This tastes of, surprise, surprise… chamomile and mint. I’m beginning to think most chamomile teas are same. This one has a natural sweetness but a bit of sweetener doesn’t hurt either. The mint flavor blends nicely with a touch of vanilla. It helps put the chamomile in its place. (Not up in front overwhelming everything.) Besides being good for bedtime, I think this is good for the tummy or a headache, too. I’m still not sure of my favorite nighttime tea but this is still okay. I think I would go with the Soothing Caramel Bedtime. At least it’s different from the others.