Pumpkin Spice

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaParT

From Bigelow

Fall in love with Bigelow® Pumpkin Spice Tea. The harvest moon brings bountiful blessings for us to enjoy, not the least of which is Bigelow Pumpkin Spice Tea. Smooth and satisfying, its rich, round flavor is a masterful blend of the finest, mountain-grown teas. Pumpkin Spice Tea has no calories – just sweeten to taste for an Autumn treat that is sure to warm the hearts of family, friends and all who gather’ round.

Ingredients: black tea, natural pumpkin flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), cinnamon, licorice root, clove, ginger, pumpkin flakes

About Bigelow View company

Been a while since I’ve logged anything. Nothing really great about this tea, but it’s not terrible. I bet it would be good with a gingerbread creamer or something like that, but as is its pretty mild.

I actually love this tea. It’s great with lots of milk and not too much sugar. I can definitely taste the pumpkin, and I don’t find the clove notes overwhelming at all. It’s a nice, light autumn flavor. I’m always jealous of my coffee-loving friends who get so excited about their Pumpkin Spice lattes, so I’m glad to have an affordable, delicious option of my own!

Bigelow Tea

We are so happy to hear how much you love our Pumpkin Spice…..it definetly is a great alternative to flavored coffees, when trying to capture the flavor of fall.
Thanks so much for sharing with us,
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This is another tea from my swap with EvaGrimm.

For a bagged tea, this actually packs a lot of flavour. The spices are much more prominent than any actual pumpkin flavouring.

So many pumpkin teas taste exactly the same, and not at all like actual pumpkin, but like the spices that would go into a pumpkin pie. This one has all those spices, but they must be in varying amounts from other pumpkin teas, because it seems to be more to my liking. And now I just want to make my pumpkin ice coffee.

Thanks EvaGrimm!

This tea was so shockingly unpleasant to my taste buds that I was tempted to wipe my tongue off with a paper towel afterwards, but settled for just rinsing my mouth with water. Both the tea bag and the steeped tea smell amazing, not like pumpkin pie (actually can’t taste pumpkin at all), instead just like oatmeal raisin cookies with lots of spices! YUM! Oh, I was so excited when I smelled it. But it does not taste like oatmeal raisin spice cookies to me. The spices are nice and none are overpowering, but there’s another flavor in it that tastes to me like rotten food. Like maybe if you filled the mixing bowl from the cookies with water, then let it sit for a few days and then heated it up and drank it. Oh gosh. Tried adding sugar and a little half and half, those slightly dulled the rotten flavor but the tea was still undrinkable for me. Disappointing because I was excited about this one and know lots of people like it a lot. Now I have 19 bags of it!

I have to say, I quite enjoy this one, being a sucker for all things pumpkiny. Namely, it smells like pumpkin more than it tastes like pumpkin, but it’s still got a nice spice to it. I drink it with milk. Let this one steep for longer than you think, it’s a touch weak at shorter times.

Not bad – maybe it’s just my love for all things Autumn, but this was an impulse buy and I’m glad I got it. Just the smell was enough, like all the awesome things about fall in one cup. The taste was very, very clovey; the pumpkin may have been subtle, but I didn’t really pick up on it anywhere. It was more like a Fall-themed potpurri with a strong clove overtone. Still would buy again.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I think next time I’ll add some milk & honey as thsi was a bit strong for me but it was still v. yummy!

I think this year’s blend must be better than last year’s because the ol’ clove hater could hardly taste it here, just enough. I found it to be sweet, pumpkinny, spicy and altogether pleasant, especially with cream and a little sugar. I brewed it for 4 minutes, perhaps that helped.

I love cinnamon. I love ginger. I love nutmeg, allspice and even a little clove. This tasted to me like straight cloves and a hint of pumpkin. Not terrible, but not something I’ll buy again.