English Teatime

Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “We arrived at Duke Medical this morning for the removal of the skin cancer about a quarter of an inch from my eye. The paperwork had said to eat a good breakfast as most people can expect to stay...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes
  • “My tea strainer is gone from the office, whether it was stolen or misplaced I have no idea. :( Anyway I decided I would have a teabag of this today, it has caffeine it it and that's good but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2468 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This may be a plain black tea but I really like it. It is a nice tea to have while focusing on other things because you don't feel guilty about not noticing all the special extras about the...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “OK, it was dark and my retinas were scorched by looking at (literally) four million Christmas lights--we had our traditional family day at Silver Dollar City yesterday--but I could have sworn the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1736 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Typically English, rich in flavor, and appropriate for any tea drinking occasion.

Invigorating in the best English tradition. Bigelow’s individual flavor-protecting envelopes ensure great taste and freshness. Indulge in the soothing ritual of tea. Sipped throughout the day, tea quenches, soothes, satisfies – and delivers healthful antioxidants. From the wonderful aroma that fills the air the moment it starts steeping, you’ll know that Bigelow tea is like no other.

Ingredients: black tea, Gluten Free
Steep for 1-2 minutes

About Bigelow View company

Bold, dark, rich in taste, warming—this tea is perfect for its cheap cost. Not the classiest by any means, but working with a limited budget, Bigelow is the knight in shining armor.

I like this tea. Steeped for only 3 minutes, because the package specifies 1-2 minutes. Anyway, great color and great earthiness.

Bigelow Tea

Kevin,

So glad to hear you enjoyed the English Teatime!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

Revisited this tea for the first time in forever while on vacation. You know, Bigelow is just good and consistent. I really enjoyed my tea these past few mornings.

Thought I’d try this one again because I want to conserve my 3 remaining earl grey bags until my adagio shipment gets to me on Wednesday.
This time I tried steeping at a lower temperature and adding some lemon juice and although it doesn’t make it much better, it does make it slightly more enjoyable, I’m happy I had this in my cupboard after all.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

You can always count on this tea to be dependable for a traditional brew…Although sometimes I wish it had some originality.

I just got this last evening and I have to say that although it’s not as good as Tetley, it’s still rather nice. A smooth and strong blend, perfect for morning. The Assam is very apparent in this tea. I recommend it if you’ve no Tetley around.

A good, well-rounded cup, I am looking forward to trying more Bigelow teas…

Nothing fancy here
I smell the earthy leaves steeped
A tea for dreaming

A good, basic, everyday black tea. Nothing exceptional about this tea but good black tea flavor. I add honey to mine.

The first steep always has a pleasant bite, and dark liquor. I enjoy a cup or two of this in the afternoon, when I could use a bit more pick up than my sencha offers. I’ve never felt it needs milk, although I would often add milk to breakfast blends that somewhat stronger.

190 °F / 87 °C 2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML