English Teatime

Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “We arrived at Duke Medical this morning for the removal of the skin cancer about a quarter of an inch from my eye. The paperwork had said to eat a good breakfast as most people can expect to stay...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2183 tasting notes
  • “My tea strainer is gone from the office, whether it was stolen or misplaced I have no idea. :( Anyway I decided I would have a teabag of this today, it has caffeine it it and that’s good but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This may be a plain black tea but I really like it. It is a nice tea to have while focusing on other things because you don’t feel guilty about not noticing all the special extras about...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “OK, it was dark and my retinas were scorched by looking at (literally) four million Christmas lights—we had our traditional family day at Silver Dollar City yesterday—but I could have...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1927 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Typically English, rich in flavor, and appropriate for any tea drinking occasion.

For this special recipe we use only hand-picked tea leaves from higher up in the mountains where the best teas are grown. These mountain grown teas give you a full bodied, yet smooth cup, making English Teatime the perfect pick-me-up tea any time of day.

Taste Profile: Bold bright brew
Aroma: Sweet malty aroma
Liquor: Rich amber with coppery tones
Recommended Temperature: 208 degrees F

-Nov. 2015

About Bigelow View company

Bold, dark, rich in taste, warming—this tea is perfect for its cheap cost. Not the classiest by any means, but working with a limited budget, Bigelow is the knight in shining armor.

I like this tea. Steeped for only 3 minutes, because the package specifies 1-2 minutes. Anyway, great color and great earthiness.

Bigelow Tea

Kevin,

So glad to hear you enjoyed the English Teatime!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

Revisited this tea for the first time in forever while on vacation. You know, Bigelow is just good and consistent. I really enjoyed my tea these past few mornings.

Thought I’d try this one again because I want to conserve my 3 remaining earl grey bags until my adagio shipment gets to me on Wednesday.
This time I tried steeping at a lower temperature and adding some lemon juice and although it doesn’t make it much better, it does make it slightly more enjoyable, I’m happy I had this in my cupboard after all.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

You can always count on this tea to be dependable for a traditional brew…Although sometimes I wish it had some originality.

I just got this last evening and I have to say that although it’s not as good as Tetley, it’s still rather nice. A smooth and strong blend, perfect for morning. The Assam is very apparent in this tea. I recommend it if you’ve no Tetley around.

A good, well-rounded cup, I am looking forward to trying more Bigelow teas…

Bitter when super hot, as it cools it tastes fruity and floral. I get a peach note, weirdly. It’ll do for a work tea.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Floral, Peach

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Work tea is brilliant! I am finally getting to try/sip down the bagged teas that I have. When I’m at home, I’d really rather have the loose leaf, but at work the tidiness of the bagged or sacheted teas is perfect. And I’m drinking down teas I’m not super impressed/in love with, which is fabulous.
I finished this one this morning, while working on all the things that accumulate over the weekend. Its decent enough, but not a particularly exciting black tea. This is excellent for mornings when you have a lot to do!
But I won’t be getting any more back in, and it is a sipdown!

Soft and mellow, with a slightly bitter aftertaste. …I am struggling so much to find interesting things to say about this tea’s flavor, but it’s so standard and benign that it’s impossible….O_o.

So, uh, this is fine! Probably a fine daily black if that’s your…cup of tea. I think I’d suggest comparing it with the Twinings English Breakfast, though, which somehow seemed more flavorful and interesting.