English Teatime

Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “We arrived at Duke Medical this morning for the removal of the skin cancer about a quarter of an inch from my eye. The paperwork had said to eat a good breakfast as most people can expect to stay...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2183 tasting notes
  • “My tea strainer is gone from the office, whether it was stolen or misplaced I have no idea. :( Anyway I decided I would have a teabag of this today, it has caffeine it it and that’s good but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This may be a plain black tea but I really like it. It is a nice tea to have while focusing on other things because you don’t feel guilty about not noticing all the special extras about...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “OK, it was dark and my retinas were scorched by looking at (literally) four million Christmas lights—we had our traditional family day at Silver Dollar City yesterday—but I could have...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1927 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Typically English, rich in flavor, and appropriate for any tea drinking occasion.

For this special recipe we use only hand-picked tea leaves from higher up in the mountains where the best teas are grown. These mountain grown teas give you a full bodied, yet smooth cup, making English Teatime the perfect pick-me-up tea any time of day.

Taste Profile: Bold bright brew
Aroma: Sweet malty aroma
Liquor: Rich amber with coppery tones
Recommended Temperature: 208 degrees F

-Nov. 2015

About Bigelow View company

This is another case of me being easily satisfied when it comes to black tea, I suppose. :P I usually do not care for Bigelow teas (from what I remember, I really didn’t like their green tea). Anyway, this is a good basic black tea, in my opinion. It’s smooth, not bitter, and it has a strength that lends itself to drinking any time of the day. I hadn’t had this one in a couple months, and I’ve tried a lot of black teas in the meantime, so I figured I wouldn’t like it when I tried it today, but, I have to say, it’s a good everyday black tea. My usual routine in the past was to throw 2 bags in 16 oz of water right after it boils and wait 10 minutes…usually had it around 4 PM to give me a little caffeine to finish out the workday and head to the gym.

Nothing fancy here
I smell the earthy leaves steeped
A tea for dreaming

A good, basic, everyday black tea. Nothing exceptional about this tea but good black tea flavor. I add honey to mine.

The first steep always has a pleasant bite, and dark liquor. I enjoy a cup or two of this in the afternoon, when I could use a bit more pick up than my sencha offers. I’ve never felt it needs milk, although I would often add milk to breakfast blends that somewhat stronger.

190 °F / 87 °C 2 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This came as a free sample in one of my other boxes of Bigelow (a good way to market it, by the way, because this is not one I’d reach for otherwise). It smells like a standard English breakfast and tastes pretty standard too, although there’s a touch of maltiness and even a little bit of a baked bread taste. It’s not bad. I won’t be buying it but I will finish the last bag of it I have without any problems.

This is the one I drink at work when I need a caffeine fix. Still trying to get over drinking coffee too much, so this helps.

Flavors: Cloves

My dad came home from Florida with the remainder of a box of Earl Grey… and a free teabag of this. As it was not one that I currently had in my collection, I asked if I could steal it. He said yes, and so here I am, trying a free teabag of plain, black tea.
I’m actually thinking that the best way to have this may be steeped strong and with milk and sugar, which varies greatly from the recommended 2 minute steep (probably meant to be clear). I brewed it at 3.5 minutes, and… I’m really not seeing anything special with this. I want something stronger, richer, and more flavourful.
Glad I tried it, at least.

Its very malty and bitter. Maybe i over steep it =(

Good but not great. I drink it for the sake of a hot drink and that’s about it.

Like others, I didn’t have high hopes for this tea, but I was pleasantly surprised. You only need to steep for one or two minutes (don’t go over even though it’s a black tea), and I don’t think I could take this without sugar, but it’s very flavorful. Just a basic everyday black tea. I do find it a little too astringent, though.