English Teatime

Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “We arrived at Duke Medical this morning for the removal of the skin cancer about a quarter of an inch from my eye. The paperwork had said to eat a good breakfast as most people can expect to stay...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1879 tasting notes
  • “My tea strainer is gone from the office, whether it was stolen or misplaced I have no idea. :( Anyway I decided I would have a teabag of this today, it has caffeine it it and that's good but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2587 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This may be a plain black tea but I really like it. It is a nice tea to have while focusing on other things because you don't feel guilty about not noticing all the special extras about the...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “OK, it was dark and my retinas were scorched by looking at (literally) four million Christmas lights--we had our traditional family day at Silver Dollar City yesterday--but I could have sworn the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1774 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Typically English, rich in flavor, and appropriate for any tea drinking occasion.

Invigorating in the best English tradition. Bigelow’s individual flavor-protecting envelopes ensure great taste and freshness. Indulge in the soothing ritual of tea. Sipped throughout the day, tea quenches, soothes, satisfies – and delivers healthful antioxidants. From the wonderful aroma that fills the air the moment it starts steeping, you’ll know that Bigelow tea is like no other.

Ingredients: black tea, Gluten Free
Steep for 1-2 minutes

About Bigelow View company

This came as a free sample in one of my other boxes of Bigelow (a good way to market it, by the way, because this is not one I’d reach for otherwise). It smells like a standard English breakfast and tastes pretty standard too, although there’s a touch of maltiness and even a little bit of a baked bread taste. It’s not bad. I won’t be buying it but I will finish the last bag of it I have without any problems.

This is the one I drink at work when I need a caffeine fix. Still trying to get over drinking coffee too much, so this helps.

Flavors: Cloves

My dad came home from Florida with the remainder of a box of Earl Grey… and a free teabag of this. As it was not one that I currently had in my collection, I asked if I could steal it. He said yes, and so here I am, trying a free teabag of plain, black tea.
I’m actually thinking that the best way to have this may be steeped strong and with milk and sugar, which varies greatly from the recommended 2 minute steep (probably meant to be clear). I brewed it at 3.5 minutes, and… I’m really not seeing anything special with this. I want something stronger, richer, and more flavourful.
Glad I tried it, at least.

Its very malty and bitter. Maybe i over steep it =(

Good but not great. I drink it for the sake of a hot drink and that’s about it.

Like others, I didn’t have high hopes for this tea, but I was pleasantly surprised. You only need to steep for one or two minutes (don’t go over even though it’s a black tea), and I don’t think I could take this without sugar, but it’s very flavorful. Just a basic everyday black tea. I do find it a little too astringent, though.

added honey to it this morning. not such a good combo.

A pretty okay standard black tea. Nothing fancy!

The plain black tea was a little too bitter for me. I added in vanilla creamer and it was much smoother and enjoyable. A little honey would probably have tasted good too.

Decent with milk and sugar – I enjoyed it just about as much as Lipton. Nothing special, nothing I’d go out of my way to buy, but I’ll drink the other teabag I have.