Cinnamon Stick

Cinnamon, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaParT

• “I grabbed this tea this morning as I needed a quick, easy cup in between getting the day started, making breakfast and taking care of 4 hungry dogs and cats. This little teabag was stashed in my...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “-5 F in our neck of the woods; perhaps a little spice will kick up the internal temps, anyway. This may well be one of the first flavored teas I ever drank, and one of the few husband asks for by...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1705 tasting notes
  • “Found this is the cupboard at the office so I tried to rush a cup to fix ice tea. I got it rather weak the first go round but the second cup turned out much better. I still would prefer more...” Read full tasting note
    TeaParT 86 tasting notes
  • “I woke up to about 6 inches of snow this morning! Roads were terrible as the city is out of salt and apparently couldn't be bothered to plow as it "just came down too fast." Fellas, we've known...” Read full tasting note
    ajkiv2411 52 tasting notes

From Bigelow

In Cinnamon Stick®, we use only the finest mountain-grown tea blended with pure, natural cinnamon

Ingredients: black tea, cinnamon
Caffeine Status: 30-60mg
Gluten Free
Kosher

About Bigelow View company

I grabbed this tea this morning as I needed a quick, easy cup in between getting the day started, making breakfast and taking care of 4 hungry dogs and cats. This little teabag was stashed in my tea drawer and I believe I received it from a tea swap. The flavor is a little bland, but thats to be expected in my opinion from a low-cost tea bag. With that being said, my expectations while making this tea were lowered, and my end opinion is that it wasn’t too bad. I know there are much better cinnamon flavored teas out there, but for the price this one is acceptable. Add a little sweetener and it almost comes to life, with a faint trace of cinnamon spiciness!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells lightly of sweet cinnamon. Tea liquor aroma is of spicy cinnamon and strong black tea.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy very dark brown color.
-Robust flavor with a spicy cinnamon finish. Lightly warming cinnamon aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener. Milk optional.
-Good tea. A strong black tea with a nice compliment of sweet and spicy cinnamon. Not too overwhelming.

-5 F in our neck of the woods; perhaps a little spice will kick up the internal temps, anyway. This may well be one of the first flavored teas I ever drank, and one of the few husband asks for by name when it gets this cold, so there’s some snuggly nostalgia that improves the flavor :)

Have always enjoyed this because it tastes like cinnamon-roll cinnamon; not red hot cinnamon.

Found this is the cupboard at the office so I tried to rush a cup to fix ice tea. I got it rather weak the first go round but the second cup turned out much better. I still would prefer more black tea flavor or more cinnamon flavor. This flavors just meet and mellow. Maybe I would like it better if I sweetened it.

Ezzirah

I love this tea! I drink it hot normally, but iced would be great!

I woke up to about 6 inches of snow this morning! Roads were terrible as the city is out of salt and apparently couldn’t be bothered to plow as it “just came down too fast.” Fellas, we’ve known this was coming. It started snowing around 3 pm yesterday and it came down too fast? Anyway, I got to work okay and settled in with a cup of this, the quickest thing I could grab as I was falling out the door. It made for a quick cup which is good because I have a busy day ahead of me. It smells strongly of a spicy cinnamon with a strong black base. I put two sugar packets in it and honestly, I can’t even tell they’re there. I’m wondering jokingly if they missed my cup. But it’s not too bad. Goes well with my cinnamon and chocolate chip muffins leftover from yesterday’s breakfast!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Water: flavia hot spigot, 1 mug full
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: cinnamon, but you had to get close and sniff
Steeped Tea Smell: cinnamon, again you had to get close to it, it didn’t hit you from say the desk while it was sitting next to me
Flavor: weak black tea, light cinnamon
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bitter, astringent
Liquor: dark brown

One of my coworkers shared the tea love and gave me a few bags of this tea (yea!).

I was hoping for more of a hot cinnamon heart POW, but it was more a subdued cinnamon flavor. I may add sugar next time to try and round the tea out more.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/bigelow-teabag-black-tea-cinnamon-stick.html

Found a stash of this in a Tupperware of assorted teas, hiding in mom’s pantry. I think I recognize the teas in that box from a canister (with a cute little ceramic sheep on top of the lid) that resided in a cabinet in my childhood home, so it’s probably at least 10 years old. I have the feeling the black tea in this was mediocre anyway, but age has definitely not been kind to it – there’s barely any tea flavor. The sweet-spicy flavor of the cinnamon makes up for it, though. Not a bad cup, in spite of the odds being stacked against it.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

It’s pretty much black tea with bits of cinnamon stick. Pretty easy, tasty, but you could totally make the same thing for less with a black tea bag and a stick of cinnamon bark. Seriously. It’s still good, though, especially if you want to make chai with a nice cinnamon undertone or if you have a cough/sore throat. My mum and sister like to get this, and I don’t mind having it ever so often.

a dear & thoughtful friend gifted me this tea. i haven’t had it in years. love the cinnamon flavour. steeped it for three minutes, a wee bit longer than the suggested 1-2 minutes, because i need my tea strong; however this might have made the tea somewhat bitter. i’ll behave & follow instructions next time. tastes great with a glomph of milk & a brown sugar cube.

This tea has a very weak cinnamon flavor, much weaker than what I was hoping for. At first I didn’t like it at all, but then I tried dropping a stick of cinnamon in and it was actually very tasty!

I brew this tea at work, 2 bags in a 16oz steel travel mug with hot water from the coffee machine, steep for about 2 minutes. Drop the cinnamon stick in immediately and take it out of the empty cup after drinking!

I’m pretty sure I’m using Cassia sticks rather than real Cinnamon sticks, but it tastes great. I’ve used the same stick for the past 4 cups and have noticed no decrease in flavor, although I’m sure I’ll get there eventually. If you’re like me and were looking for a little more punch out of this tea, surely you can find a stick in your spice rack to help you get through the box.

I was about to write this tea off because I was drinking it unsweetened, but it is quite good when you add milk and brown sugar.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Earth