Raspberry Royale

Artificial, Berry, Fruity, Tannic, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 352 ml

From Bigelow

For three generations, the Bigelow family has specialized in creating a variety of deliciously different teas. In Raspberry Royale, we blend the finest mountain-grown tea with the delicate flavor of raspberries. We hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients: black tea, natural flavors

About Bigelow View company

Sweet and pleasant, not something I enjoy often but it’s a good, inexpensive raspberry tea. Good hot or iced, I usually sweeten mine up a little and don’t usually add milk but sometimes I do add milk. It’s sweet without any sweetener and brews to a red/pink color.

I first got hooked on this tea when I was visiting a friend in the USA, and it was one of the more welcome decisions at her local 7-11 (which she frequented).

I’m drinking it clear right now, though often I will add milk. Admittedly, I feel like it’s calling out for some right now. Having brewed for a minute longer than recommended, it does seem to have a slight bit of bitterness to it, though I still consider this a short steep for a black tea. The raspberry is a nice touch, though it does blend into the bitterness a bit — it lingers after the tea taste disappears though, a mild but pleasant aftertaste.

Overall, it’s a mild flavour, but with a decently strong base. A good tea, and one I’ll never mind having a cup of, but not a great go-to #1 choice either.

I’d been wanting to taste this one for a while now, but have been to lazy to go pick it up. Recently I moved from Kansas to Florida, and it’s been hectic. All my good teas are in the mail, I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I took the Amtrak from Kansas to here, a three day journey. I really expected my package to beat me here, all I’ve had to drink is what I packed in my case, good ol’ Irish breakfast and some dubious looking bagged oolong that my dad bought for me that I’ve been putting off trying for a long time.

I’m sitting in a hotel in Tamarac today and decided to try this tea, which was complimentary. I definitely oversteeped this, it’s getting me at the back of my tongue with this weird tannin thing. other than that it seems nice, the raspberry is prominent but I can still taste the black tea.

I seem to like most Bigelow teas, and this is no exception. I swiped a couple more bags to take home with me. I’ve been dying for a unique cup of tea for a long while.

I steeped this tea for a minute longer than the directions, and added sugar to enhance the flavor and overcome the bitterness. Sweetener does the job, but I found myself wishing it hadn’t. The raspberry flavor is very artificial tasting and tastes like one of those raspberry jelly filled chocolates. Yuck! Ahmad’s fruit teas are vastly better, not so much because of the quality of the tea but because the fruit flavors taste genuine.

This one is not one I will say that is my favorite. I am not a real fan of black tea either, but all tea is equal and deserve to be drank. So here I go in my cup of description. Bigelow tea is what is in break rooms at, but yet we do not have a lot of verity either. I decided to try this one instead of drinking my green tea. Hmmm . . . raspberry it should taste good!

The black tea leaves came through strong of the stale taste of raspberry. Yes, the raspberry flavor was we week. I had to dress the cup with sugar to make bearable for me sip (not drink).

Really basic, nothing stands out about this blend. I’m not a huge fan of the black tea base. The raspberry was artificial tasting, kind of generic “raspberry candy” flavoured, slightly sweet and berryish, but not great. The black tea kind of has an artificial cream cheese taste in my opinion.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Fruity, Tannic

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 24 OZ / 700 ML
Kristal

I remember this tea- it’s pretty gross :(

Arby Robilliard

Yeah, it wasn’t the worst I have had but I wouldn’t have it again if I can avoid it. I do enjoy some of Bigalow’s herbal blends (like Gingersnappish) but the black tea base they use could use a lot of improvement.

Served plain, this tastes like a standard, somewhat uninteresting black tea with a little bit of a sweet aftertaste. Unobtrusive, and pleasant enough, but not something I’d go out of my way to drink.

Though I should note that I’m drinking a backlogged bag; it seems Bigelow changed their formula in the fall (?) of 2015, and this new formula has everyone on their site up in arms about how terrible it is. Purchase at your own risk…!

Flavors: Berry

I like to occasionally take a bagged tea to work for my lunch break, and that’s where this one made its debut. It’s definitely got a berry flavor, but not completely overpowering. (It smells stronger than it tastes, thankfully.) The raspberry has a tart finish, which I liked because it, too, wasn’t overpowering. And caffeine, caffeine is always great.

Flavors: Tart

8 min or more

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is another tea that I found in the breakroom at work today. I’m always hesitant to try berry-flavored black teas, because they tend to be awfully bitter and astringent. This one was actually pretty nice. It didn’t taste like fresh raspberry, so I’m guessing that the flavoring is artificial, but at least it was smooth and not totally overpowering. Am I about to run out and buy a box? No. Will I drink it again during my lunch break at work? Maybe.