Raspberry Royale

Berry, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Bigelow

For three generations, the Bigelow family has specialized in creating a variety of deliciously different teas. In Raspberry Royale, we blend the finest mountain-grown tea with the delicate flavor of raspberries. We hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients: black tea, natural flavors

About Bigelow View company

I enjoyed this tea on my way to Contemporary Literature class this morning. It’s a delicious, flavorful tea!

Not really big on black teas with fruit, so I didn’t really care for this tea. Also, I found it too artificial tasting.

Despite my distaste for artificial flavors in teas nowadays, I have to give credit where it’s due, because this was a childhood favorite. Something about raspberry with black tea always strikes me the right way!

Simple with an almost haunting taste of raspberry. What I mean by that is you almost forget that it is raspberry flavored until it creeps its way into your senses subtly. I enjoy it when I am looking for a quick tea to make in the office or just am too lazy for loose leaf. It really is elegant and simple, yet not too sweet and still strong.

Not bad for an “emergency” cup of tea, courtesy of the nice lady at the hotel front desk. I forgot to put any tea in my purse before we left the house, and the desk lady came to the rescue, handing me an assortment of tea bags. I decided to make a cup of this, thinking it might be a nice change from just a plain black tea (and a good way to relax and hopefully rid myself of this travel-stress-related headache), and it’s quite pleasant – the raspberry flavor isn’t as strong as the scent of the tea bag would suggest, but it’s rather nice.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

There wasn’t anything special here. Are there any good raspberry teas? Raspberries are my favorite. I couldn’t really taste the base either. Didn’t taste like a black tea to me. Maybe this was an older teabag.

Pleasantly surprised. Wasn’t as overwhelmingly fruity as the aroma might lead you to expect.