French Vanilla

Sweet, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “A review of French Vanilla Tea by Bigelow Date: 11/12/2012 Company: Bigelow Tea Tea Name: French Vanilla Tea Type/ Region: Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ black tea Plucking Season:...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “My grandma brought me a sampler set of Bigelow teas for my birthday two months ago. Four boxes, each with three different teas in it. Plain black assortment, flavored black assortment, chais, and...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Vanilla tea day! Who am I kidding, every day is vanilla tea day in my life. This is a sipdown of French Vanilla, a box of which I got before I discovered the delights of Steepster. If Je T'aime...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 921 tasting notes
  • “-Standard teabag. -Teabag smells of very sweet vanilla. Tea liquor smells of malty vanilla. -Tea liquor is a medium amber color. -Artificial and bitter flavor with a slight vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Bigelow

You will find French Vanilla a truly captivating tea with a smooth vanilla taste and delightful aroma.
French Vanilla by Bigelow Tea

Take a moment to relax with a delightful cup of Bigelow French Vanilla Tea. Because it has the added benefit of healthful antioxidants and no calories, it’s good for you, too. Sugar (or sweetner) and a little milk bring out the delicious vanilla flavors. Enjoy!

Steep 2-4 minutes

Ingredients: Black tea, natural and artificial flavors (soy lecithin) and gluten free.

About Bigelow View company

One of my favorite black teas. Don’t drink it often but has a nice flavor. The vanilla comes through nice with a bit of amber agave nectar. Slow on the nectar though.

Nice vanilla flavor, and delicious with milk.

UPDATE Jan-2012: I’ve stopped drinking this tea for a while because I thought it was sweet to the point of being cloying, but then I looked at my own tasting note and realize that in order to enjoy it, I have to add milk. Dairy or non-dairy (almond, soy), it doesn’t matter.

I rather enjoy this tea on occasions. However, it’s one that tends to be too bitter without any sweetener. I personally like to add two table spoons of sugar, and one of cream. This might seem like an awful lot, but this is a tea that I like to treat as a dessert. Anyway it’s a rather cheap tea, and the vanilla flavor tastes a bit artificial, but not bad for a casual grab for when you have sweet tooth.

Flavors: Sweet, Vanilla

The only thing that would make this better is if the vanilla was actually slightly less strong. I enjoy it, steeped extra long / hot so it’s very strong, and adding milk/cream and sugar – but it’s almost too sweet, even if I add less sugar, because it’s a sweet flavor, not the actual sweetness. Still, very fantastic.

…fun tip: brew this half-and-half with Bigelow’s raspberry black tea. It tastes like gloriousness in a cup.

Boiling 8 min or more

My first experience with this tea was the day I went over a good friend’s house. She felt like tea, so we decided that THIS tea (out of the many others she owned) would be what we would have. We steeped it for a good 5 minutes. The first sip wasn’t stunning, it was plain and missing something, so I had to add some sugar, and poured in some milk (vanilla soymilk, to be exact). It was delicious with the milk and sugar. This being said, I had to go home pronto and buy myself a box of this stuff. A few boxes later and I enjoy it occasionally, but have leaned more towards herbal teas. Overall, a pretty good tea.

my first Tea Review, I’ve always drank tea but I’ve never really paid much mind to what I was drinking, I know I like green tea,herbal teas, and such. but I want to get into black tea. I’ve been drinking Bigelow French Vanilla, and I think it’s a nice black tea with LOTS of Vanilla. I add a LITTLE sugar and milk to it, drinking it tonight while doing christmas stuff to my room.

I really like this tea, particularly with a simple snack, like cinnamon graham crackers spread with a bit of Nutella. I usually add a little sugar and cream, and it’s delicious.

Oh my god, I hate this tea!

This has to be one of my favorite teas. I love to drink this as a substitute for dessert.

This is one of my favorite teas. It has a lovely vanilla flavor that is sweet and rich but not overpowering. It is a very comforting tea.