Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by SCLisi

• “Comfort in a cup. After all the teas that I have sampled, this one tea remains my favorite. The vanilla and chai are in perfect harmony. Had this tea two ways tonight: plain and traditional chai...” Read full tasting note
    threewhales 304 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea because my nephew Brennan said it was good and he thought I would like it. I was eager to cup this despite it being at least partially artificially flavored. In my...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “The third bagged tea of the day yesterday. My dad and I had teas while my mom was at a finance meeting in the evening (she’s the office manager/accountant at her workplace). He boiled the...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm. This is my ideal dessert tea. Plain, although I keep meaning to try it with milk. Sipping and reading Watchmen. Checked it out of my college’s library. This is one thick...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 390 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Chai is a delightful blend of tea and exotic spices. It is often brewed with milk, which gives Chai a wonderful, creamy characteristic. In Bigelow Vanilla Chai we have added the flavor of vanilla, offering you a whole new dimension in Chai.

Ingredients: black tea, spices, natural and artificial flavors (soy lecithin)

About Bigelow View company

A nice cup of tea with its balance spice and sweetness. I will agree that this tea is addictive, because once you have a cup you can’t stop. This reminds me off the lattes that I use to have, but then my doctor requested that I lay off the caffeine. Besides that I think I need another cup of it, LOL.

really addictive and different and good-o.

Complex and sweet. The vanilla blends perfectly with the spices, which never go bitter.

I think this smells like Gingerbread Cookies before steeping. Scent drastically changes while steeping. Dark in color. I like the fact that it’s a tad different than most Chai’s I have had…almost like they put a little more thought into it. The Vanilla really gives it a little extra something…and this is coming from someone who usually doesn’t favor vanilla. I think it’s tasty, indeed!

This one has been kicking around since before I joined Steepster … wow!

I’ve had this a couple different ways. The best is steeped in hot, lactose-free milk — sweet and spicy, rich and thick. I did not have lactose-free milk, so I had this with some cinnamon bun coffee creamer. It’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s a generic chai. Maybe a little weak from using cooler water and not steeping as long. Or maybe it’s the age, ‘cause this tea is one of the oldest I have. Not bad at all, but I’m really excited to have sipped this one down.

Vanilla is a flavor that I have to be in the mood for, and really a hit or miss when it comes to teas for me. It either accents a black, green, or white equally or overpowers more subtle flavors. Here, the flavors never balance out for me and I personally like the Spiced Chai better.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

It really is a treat, this tea. I adore the smell. The one thing that gets me, though is that this is one of those teas that really needs some sweetener and milk. You loose much of the spicy essence that you smelled before putting it in the cup, without. This is probably not a problem for those of you who do this regularly. I just happen to be more into the tea’s own flavors, rather than forcing my cuppa to be sweet. This is the only tea I will put anything into, just so it tastes as good as it smells. I would defiantly recommend to anyone who does not mind fiddling with sugar and milk.

“Comfort in a cup” is right. There’s nothing subtle or complex about this tea. However it is a great everyday, artificial flavor tea. My wife and I go through 4 boxes a winter with no trouble.

This is my favorite at-home chai! All the flavors are well balanced so you can taste more than just cinnamon! The vanilla is a really nice addition, although that is always my position :). Extremely enjoyable!

Delicious scent and taste, very vanilla and with a nice spicing to it. Great blend for a tea bag.