Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Vanilla, Cardamon, Clove, Ginger, Pepper, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by SCLisi

• “Comfort in a cup. After all the teas that I have sampled, this one tea remains my favorite. The vanilla and chai are in perfect harmony. Had this tea two ways tonight: plain and traditional chai...” Read full tasting note
    threewhales 304 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea because my nephew Brennan said it was good and he thought I would like it. I was eager to cup this despite it being at least partially artificially flavored. In my first cup I...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “The third bagged tea of the day yesterday. My dad and I had teas while my mom was at a finance meeting in the evening (she’s the office manager/accountant at her workplace). He boiled the...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm. This is my ideal dessert tea. Plain, although I keep meaning to try it with milk. Sipping and reading Watchmen. Checked it out of my college’s library. This is one thick graphic novel.” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 412 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Chai is a delightful blend of tea and exotic spices. It is often brewed with milk, which gives Chai a wonderful, creamy characteristic. In Bigelow Vanilla Chai we have added the flavor of vanilla, offering you a whole new dimension in Chai.

Ingredients: black tea, spices, natural and artificial flavors (soy lecithin)

About Bigelow View company

A nice cup of tea with its balance spice and sweetness. I will agree that this tea is addictive, because once you have a cup you can’t stop. This reminds me off the lattes that I use to have, but then my doctor requested that I lay off the caffeine. Besides that I think I need another cup of it, LOL.

really addictive and different and good-o.

Complex and sweet. The vanilla blends perfectly with the spices, which never go bitter.

I think this smells like Gingerbread Cookies before steeping. Scent drastically changes while steeping. Dark in color. I like the fact that it’s a tad different than most Chai’s I have had…almost like they put a little more thought into it. The Vanilla really gives it a little extra something…and this is coming from someone who usually doesn’t favor vanilla. I think it’s tasty, indeed!

I’ve been craving a vanilla black tea and surprisingly didn’t have one, so I picked this up while getting groceries. The spice from the chai just helps me get into the autumn season!

This is probably one of the best bagged teas I’ve had. The spices are flavorful but not overpowering, and the vanilla is nice and smooth. Next time around, I’m going to try this one with milk, but this is a chai that can hold up on it’s own!

I was impressed with this bagged tea as well!

Had this for breakfast. Very good, but I’ve had similar teas that were better.

Flavors: Vanilla

A complex blend of spices, yet not too spicy.

Flavors: Cardamon, Clove, Ginger, Pepper, Spices, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I’m pretty new to the Tea thing but so far this is my all time favorite. I can drink this without adding anything. Its flavorful yet mild and calming.

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one has been kicking around since before I joined Steepster … wow!

I’ve had this a couple different ways. The best is steeped in hot, lactose-free milk — sweet and spicy, rich and thick. I did not have lactose-free milk, so I had this with some cinnamon bun coffee creamer. It’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s a generic chai. Maybe a little weak from using cooler water and not steeping as long. Or maybe it’s the age, ‘cause this tea is one of the oldest I have. Not bad at all, but I’m really excited to have sipped this one down.

Vanilla is a flavor that I have to be in the mood for, and really a hit or miss when it comes to teas for me. It either accents a black, green, or white equally or overpowers more subtle flavors. Here, the flavors never balance out for me and I personally like the Spiced Chai better.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML