Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SCLisi

• “Comfort in a cup. After all the teas that I have sampled, this one tea remains my favorite. The vanilla and chai are in perfect harmony. Had this tea two ways tonight: plain and traditional chai...” Read full tasting note
    threewhales 304 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea because my nephew Brennan said it was good and he thought I would like it. I was eager to cup this despite it being at least partially artificially flavored. In my first cup I...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “The third bagged tea of the day yesterday. My dad and I had teas while my mom was at a finance meeting in the evening (she’s the office manager/accountant at her workplace). He boiled the...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm. This is my ideal dessert tea. Plain, although I keep meaning to try it with milk. Sipping and reading Watchmen. Checked it out of my college’s library. This is one thick graphic novel.” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 396 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Chai is a delightful blend of tea and exotic spices. It is often brewed with milk, which gives Chai a wonderful, creamy characteristic. In Bigelow Vanilla Chai we have added the flavor of vanilla, offering you a whole new dimension in Chai.

Ingredients: black tea, spices, natural and artificial flavors (soy lecithin)

About Bigelow View company

This tea is the ultimate comfort food to me… Quite artificial, yes, but I love it anyway. This is not as spicy as a loose chai, especially for those of us who are used to drinking chai teas… A bit of spices in the background, but nothing that stands out. This is more like a dessert than a true tea… Like creme brulee pudding or something. I enjoy it very much!

Not a fan of the funky colour it turns when steeped. I have had these tea bags for too long, I’m just trying to give them away!

I GUESS I SHOULDN’T EVEN BOTHER WRITING THIS… because I’m sure this tea is quite delicious, it sounds really great, however my box was really quite old, over a year at least, so the tea had lost a lot of flavor. :‘| Hopefully I’ll get a chance to revisit it in the future!

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea smells great. That’s pretty much the only nice thing I can say about it. I’ve tried it with cream and sugar, I’ve tried it with just cream, with just sugar, and just plain. No matter what I add or how long I steep it, it comes out bland. Anyone want the rest of my box?

I like chai tea, and I like vanilla. So I kind of automatically like this one. I iced it this time, by steeping it a little stronger, and I added soy and a tiny bit of sugar. I think next time I’ll back off on the soy, because it masked some of the flavor.

One of my favorite teas ever! Sometimes I go back to regular chai tea and wonder where the vanilla flavor is because I’m so used to this. It’s sweet and perfect with a bit of milk. I make this on my breaks at work when I’m having a stressful day and I am calm and happy.

my favorite! I can barely go a night without having a cup. it is sweet but delicate. I add milk and a lil honey.

Tastes like baking! So good for a bagged tea.

It’s our main work tea here in the breakroom and although it smells like heaven I find it to be pretty bland in flavor. I drink it…. I enjoy it…but I don’t fall in love.