Ginger Snappish

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

• “Last thing I need is more caffeine to make me more cranky and jittery than I already am, but it's COLD. SNOW IN MAY IN SOUTH MISSOURI. And the blower motor on the central heat/AC chose last night...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1771 tasting notes
  • “I bought this along with my Eggnogin', mainly for completionist sake. I felt bad just getting one holiday tea! Leaving that poor little box of Ginger Snappish all alone... err, surrounded by dozens...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Special thanks to *Alphakitty* for this one! I haven't seen this one on shelves where I live so I'm always up for a new-tea experience. I'll try just about anything once! LOL :) It's mostly...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “*vanilla_bookworm* sent me a couple of bags of this...thanks!! I haven't been able to find it around here yet, so I'm really excited. When I opened the bags, my first thought was that there was a...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Snuggle up with a warm cup of Bigelow all natural Ginger Snappish tea… take a special moment just for you! This lovely caffeine-free herbal tea, a blend of ginger with a subtle hint of lemon, is perfect on a winter’s day to bring a little holiday cheer into your life. There is no need to completely hibernate, but brewing up a cup of this delicate brew will make you think the world has stopped… well at least for a little while. So sit back and enjoy, take time to bring a little magic into your day!

About Bigelow View company

Last thing I need is more caffeine to make me more cranky and jittery than I already am, but it’s COLD. SNOW IN MAY IN SOUTH MISSOURI. And the blower motor on the central heat/AC chose last night to quit working.

So this works. Heavier on the ginger than the lemon. I still don’t think it tastes much like a cookie, but it’s still a favorite. Too bad it’s just a seasonal.

K S

Sounds like us a month ago. Feeling your pain. Normally, I anticipate your weather moving this way. This time, uhmmm, you can keep it – after the heat is back on of course.

Terri HarpLady

You guys got snow? In St Louis it’s just a gloomy drizzly day, which admittedly, I’m rather enjoying. Sitting here with a bowl of soup I made from the tops of last year’s collards, which are trying to go to seed.
Bummer about the heater…got a woodstove to snuggle up to?

gmathis

Not much, an inch or so that melted by mid-morning, but everything is damp and bone-deep chilly. With a little coddling, we may be able to baby heat along until (expensive, sigh) replacement part arrives next week.

Terri HarpLady

You can always spend the afternoon/evening baking, & then leave the oven door open when you’re done to let the heat spread. :)

gmathis

Big kettle of soup…Panera asiago cheese bread warmed in the oven…yep! This is survivable—we did a week without heat or electricity and 0 degree temps after the Great December Ice Storm of (five years ago? six?) That was no fun!

lijitmoose

FYI, this is a decaf tea. It even says so on the box. I hope you didn’t psych yourself into staying up because you thought it was caffeinated. Sounds like something I would do.

gmathis

Yes, it’s one of my favorite bagged decafs. I remember the day I wrote that note; I was freezing and had so much black tea I was bouncing off the walls like a pinball. May have to break some out for tomorrow. April snow predicted.

I bought this along with my Eggnogin’, mainly for completionist sake. I felt bad just getting one holiday tea! Leaving that poor little box of Ginger Snappish all alone… err, surrounded by dozens of other teas. Well, they’re only like $4 a box, so even if this was icky it’s not a waste of money. Yeah, this is how I justify my crazy tea buying habits.

I’ve had this tea 3 nights in a row now, so yea, I think it’s money well spent! I read a lot of the past reviews and I think they changed the formula—I definitely get a gingersnap vibe. The ginger is very strong with backing notes of cinnamon, giving it a tasty, bake-y feel. As close to gingersnap as you can get in a bagged tea, I think! And while the lemon is there it is VERY toned down, just the mildest hint of citrus which makes it seem pretty unique and special.

I was a bit worried that this would be similar to Twinnings’ Lemon & Ginger (my go-to sick day tea) but it’s really quite different and perfectly seasonal! One of my favorite night-time teas so far, plus the ease of making it is definitely a bonus.

Ze_Teamaker

Sounds good. I need to try that one. I got the Eggnog one and am surprised at how good it was.

Bigelow Tea

Thanks so much for your review of our Seasonal Ginger Snappish Tea….very pleased you read you enjoyed it. Happy Holidays!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Special thanks to Alphakitty for this one!
I haven’t seen this one on shelves where I live so I’m always up for a new-tea experience. I’ll try just about anything once! LOL :)

It’s mostly lemon and ginger but there is a little something extra in there, perhaps, it’s the licorice. This one isn’t bad for a bagged herbal tea. It’s not something I would buy but I’m super excited I got to try it. The colorful packaging is sort of neat, too!

vanilla_bookworm sent me a couple of bags of this…thanks!! I haven’t been able to find it around here yet, so I’m really excited.

When I opened the bags, my first thought was that there was a problem. It didn’t smell like gingerbread, it smelled like lemons! Sure enough, there it is: gingerbread with lemon. Lemon. Who would have thought to put lemon with gingerbread?

5 minutes later, and my kitchen smells like…lemons. Hmm…close-up sniff test yields a lemon bar/custard scent. Perhaps a bit of ginger, but it’s coming off more as a baked scent.

The primary taste for me is lemon, but there’s this background taste that’s very cookie-like. I’m getting just a hint of ginger…in fact, I’m not sure I’d have noticed the ginger if someone had just handed me a cup and said “here, drink this” (yes, I’ve had that happen; yes, I drank). It tastes very much like a baked lemon bar or cookie. And I quite like it.

Does it taste like gingersnaps? Nope. Is it tasty? Yes. Would I purchase it? Hells yeah, the instant I see it in the tea aisle.

Tuesday July 5, 2011
1st Steep of the Day
Had A Last BAg of this at Work.
So I Jumped on It And SNAPPED IT UP.
Great Ginger Herb Tea, Time to Get another Box.
Keep On Steepin

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This smells kinda like Reed’s ginger brew, or ginger candy. The flavour doesn’t really taste like cookies. It’s sweet, and gingery… like those candies. This would be really nice on a winter evening.

KallieBoo!

I got this in a swap and had it today. Now I’m craving more!

Lariel of Lórien

I know! I already had my only bag.

When i first saw this I thought, ginger and lemon……ok strange. However the tea is a delicious mix. Kinda reminds me of those ricolla herb and lemon cough drops. Very lemony with a slight herbal quality too it. Personally would have preferred more ginger. But overall not a bad tea.

Bigelow Tea

Thanks for your review Elyse! Glad you enjoyed it.

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

I got this tea not expecting much, and I’m pleasantly surprised at how good it is. It’s not my favorite, but the ginger is bold and warm and the lemon has a nice soft tone.

gmathis

Wish it weren’t so hard to find!

Calochortus

I can only find it for pretty much one week at one store! It’s sad, really!

It’s a comfort tea sort of day. Is it weird that I’m drinking a winter holiday tea in the middle of summer? Well, no matter. I have mixed feelings that I seem to only have me bag left. I might miss the tea, but I could use the space. I used to prefer the Celestial Seasonings gingerbread herbal tea, but last winter I found I liked the subtle lemony flavor and cookie undertones of this one.

gmathis

Not weird at all. This is another “seasonal” that I really regret isn’t available year round. (Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie is another.)

My partner and I love this tea. Not a ginger snap cookie flavor, but a ginger and lemon flavor. I make it 1 bag in 1 cup with 1 packet NuStevia. It’s a favorite.

So glad to hear our Ginger Snappish is your new flavor!! Thanks