Ginger Snappish

Herbal Tea
Cookie, Ginger, Lemon, Sweet, Cinnamon, Graham, Spices, Citrus, Spicy, Citrusy, Lemon Zest, Pleasantly Sour
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

From Bigelow

Snuggle up with a warm cup of Bigelow all natural Ginger Snappish tea… take a special moment just for you! This lovely caffeine-free herbal tea, a blend of ginger with a subtle hint of lemon, is perfect on a winter’s day to bring a little holiday cheer into your life. There is no need to completely hibernate, but brewing up a cup of this delicate brew will make you think the world has stopped… well at least for a little while. So sit back and enjoy, take time to bring a little magic into your day!

About Bigelow View company

love it! perfect balance of ginger and lemon. although next time i think i’ll use less water to make it stronger. <3 ginger =]

Bigelow Tea

So glad to hear you love the tea!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

This is a really great tea —it’s better than many ginger teas as it’s a little lighter in flavor. The lemon notes also help. I happened to have a bit of gingerbread creamer at home (yes, I know, not something purists would consider putting in tea) and I put a splash in this tea and it was such a delightful cup, it was marvelous!

Mmmm… Gingery, lemony goodness. The perfect balance of the two flavors. One of my favorite teas, especially in the winter!

The ginger in this tea is a lot mellower than other ginger teas I’ve had, which is a welcome change. Also, the lemon adds the perfect touch. Very tasty!

My husband found this on sale at the grocery store so he brought a box home for me to try. I like it. I tend to like lemon ginger teas, and this has a sweet cookie note that makes it pleasantly unique.

Flavors: Cookie, Ginger, Lemon, Sweet

Can’t wait till this one shows up locally again! I like it year round.

You can buy it online, but you have to buy six boxes at a time.

Yeah, 6 boxes is a little much, even for one this good :) (Bigelow’s Eggnogg’n comes out at about the same time—I snap up multiples of that one, too.)

I don’t think I’ve had a chance to try that one.

2097 tasting notes

Quick note to say ‘I tried this’. This is a single teabag from a teabox a while ago. It’s an ODD combination of ingredients, but it was a no-caff so I sipped it tonight. The ingredients make it seem like it should be worse, but it isn’t completely the worst. Lots of lemon and ginger….

Can be a bit weak, but I love the initial flavour and the cinnamon after-taste.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Graham, Spices, Sweet

1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Yummy tea; tastes like a spicy lemon bar.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon

This is another Bigelow tea that was included in my Christmas card from GMathis! Thank you!

Tonight was writers’ group night at my house, and because of the severe cold weather I had decided to make a bean soup – rather like a vegetarian chili – for supper to warm my hubby. Then I wondered if that was such a good idea with a house full of company coming…

To stave off any tummy grumbles I decided to try this since ginger is supposed to be good for digestion. I think it worked! The tea smelled very good, like freshly baked cookies but not overly sweet. I did detect a note of round sweetness that I associate with licorice and slippery elm. It turned out to be a hint of licorice.

I bought ginger snaps a long time ago and didn’t like them, but then my youngest daughter made gingerbread men at Christmas this year and we all loved them. The store bought ones were too hot and spicy for me. Hers were just right. That is how the tea was for me. By the end of the cup, the ginger was building up and becoming more noticeable, but at no point was it too much or unpleasant.

Normally I despise teas with licorice, but it’s not obnoxious at all in this one.

This is one time I wish I had read other’s reviews before tasting. I mean there is a snow man on the box with kind of not decorated Christmas trees in the background and Bigelow says its a holiday season blend (IE Christmas without saying it). I am all geared up with a scarf and mittens (metaphorically speaking) and ready for a cinnamon and sugary ginger snap cookie like my grandmother made. So… this is nothing like that. Had I realized I would have approached this differently. This smells of ginger and lemongrass/lemon verbena. It tastes of lemongrass/ lemon verbena. The ginger to me only briefly appears late in the sip to add a little spicy heat. I added a little sweetener to see its affect. At first, I liked it better without. As the cup cooled it did bring out the ginger more, balancing the ginger with the lemon. Now, there is nothing wrong with the flavor. In fact it is a very pleasant and relaxing sip. The problem for me is it does not stir any holiday memories. I would be far more inclined to enjoy this one on a cool summer night out under the stars. Would I recommend this one? Yes, as long as you understand what you’re getting – It’s a lovely lemon herbal tea. Thanks GG!

What an odd flavour considering the look of the packaging.

I hold the same opinion as I do for Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. It needs to be a year-round flavor.

I have never seen either of the Bigelow teas around here. Our grocer (Walmart) has no imagination on the tea aisle.

… Then again I have to drive 30 miles to find Sleigh Ride.