Ginger Snappish

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

From Bigelow

Snuggle up with a warm cup of Bigelow all natural Ginger Snappish tea… take a special moment just for you! This lovely caffeine-free herbal tea, a blend of ginger with a subtle hint of lemon, is perfect on a winter’s day to bring a little holiday cheer into your life. There is no need to completely hibernate, but brewing up a cup of this delicate brew will make you think the world has stopped… well at least for a little while. So sit back and enjoy, take time to bring a little magic into your day!

About Bigelow View company

love it! perfect balance of ginger and lemon. although next time i think i’ll use less water to make it stronger.

Bigelow Tea

So glad to hear you love the tea!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

This is a really great tea —it’s better than many ginger teas as it’s a little lighter in flavor. The lemon notes also help. I happened to have a bit of gingerbread creamer at home (yes, I know, not something purists would consider putting in tea) and I put a splash in this tea and it was such a delightful cup, it was marvelous!

Mmmm… Gingery, lemony goodness. The perfect balance of the two flavors. One of my favorite teas, especially in the winter!

The ginger in this tea is a lot mellower than other ginger teas I’ve had, which is a welcome change. Also, the lemon adds the perfect touch. Very tasty!

Yummy tea; tastes like a spicy lemon bar.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon

Not sure why I bought this tea, the one that I bought had lemon, and I am not a huge fan of lemon in teas. The lemon flavor is pretty overpowering in mine, and it has taken me forever to get through the box. I think I have had the box for about a year! I was expecting more ginger flavor, perhaps a bit like the gingerbread house on the cover. But, nope. Just mostly lemon. I like it better sweetened, as it takes the edge off of the lemon. Not one of my favorites, although much better sweetened. Not something I would buy again. Trying to drink down a lot of tea bags I have left over for the copious amounts of loose leaf I have bought this week. Part of my great October 2015 sip down! Easy to do as I have been doing absurd amounts of studying/procrastination for school this week,

Flavors: Lemon, Lemon Zest

2076 tasting notes

This is another Bigelow tea that was included in my Christmas card from GMathis! Thank you!

Tonight was writers’ group night at my house, and because of the severe cold weather I had decided to make a bean soup – rather like a vegetarian chili – for supper to warm my hubby. Then I wondered if that was such a good idea with a house full of company coming…

To stave off any tummy grumbles I decided to try this since ginger is supposed to be good for digestion. I think it worked! The tea smelled very good, like freshly baked cookies but not overly sweet. I did detect a note of round sweetness that I associate with licorice and slippery elm. It turned out to be a hint of licorice.

I bought ginger snaps a long time ago and didn’t like them, but then my youngest daughter made gingerbread men at Christmas this year and we all loved them. The store bought ones were too hot and spicy for me. Hers were just right. That is how the tea was for me. By the end of the cup, the ginger was building up and becoming more noticeable, but at no point was it too much or unpleasant.

Normally I despise teas with licorice, but it’s not obnoxious at all in this one.

This is one time I wish I had read other’s reviews before tasting. I mean there is a snow man on the box with kind of not decorated Christmas trees in the background and Bigelow says its a holiday season blend (IE Christmas without saying it). I am all geared up with a scarf and mittens (metaphorically speaking) and ready for a cinnamon and sugary ginger snap cookie like my grandmother made. So… this is nothing like that. Had I realized I would have approached this differently. This smells of ginger and lemongrass/lemon verbena. It tastes of lemongrass/ lemon verbena. The ginger to me only briefly appears late in the sip to add a little spicy heat. I added a little sweetener to see its affect. At first, I liked it better without. As the cup cooled it did bring out the ginger more, balancing the ginger with the lemon. Now, there is nothing wrong with the flavor. In fact it is a very pleasant and relaxing sip. The problem for me is it does not stir any holiday memories. I would be far more inclined to enjoy this one on a cool summer night out under the stars. Would I recommend this one? Yes, as long as you understand what you’re getting – It’s a lovely lemon herbal tea. Thanks GG!

What an odd flavour considering the look of the packaging.

I hold the same opinion as I do for Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. It needs to be a year-round flavor.

I have never seen either of the Bigelow teas around here. Our grocer (Walmart) has no imagination on the tea aisle.

… Then again I have to drive 30 miles to find Sleigh Ride.

Surprisingly delicious! My mother bought me this because I like ginger tea, and thankfully it makes no attempt at the dark spicy “gingerbread” flavor. It is a clean and refreshing pure ginger flavor with hints of lemon – very subtle. Virtually no sugar required for this beautifully smooth, light tea. (Surprisingly for Bigelow bags, it has a demure golden color to boot!)

Sipdown!! (159)

Thank you TraceyC once again for this tea. It caught my eye as I browsed through your cupboard and I am happy I got to try it but now I am not sorry to see it gone.