Chinese Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

From Bigelow

For three generations, the Bigelow family has specialized in creating a variety of deliciously different teas. We use only the finest mountain-grown tea in Chinese Oolong. It is truly exceptional tea that we hope you will enjoy.

Ingredients: oolong tea

About Bigelow View company

Hmmm I was kinda surprised to see this at work…so why not. Yeah it’s not bad. It exceeds what I expected. Reminds me of the oolong that Dynasty puts out. A decent dark oolong at a nice price. Can’t beat that in a pinch.

Bigelow has done a good job of capturing the sweet-n-toasted taste of a traditional oolong in a bag. Convenient for work or travel.

Paid closer attention to the brewing time and only brewed this for just over a couple of minutes today. I think it’s perfect, and the smell isn’t bothering me much (although I had to laugh when I saw my previous review here since that was the first thought I had again today, that I don’t care for the smell!). It’s a nice change from my few regular boring black bagged teas that I drink at work (when I’m too lazy/running late to bring a loose variety).

I really don’t know how I feel about this tea. It’s not bad, but it’s not good you know? I haven’t given up on it yet. I’m going to try a milder brew of it next time. I brewed it 2 bags in 2 cups of water the first time. What also perplexes me is that my local asian bistro serves oolong, and it comes out looking light green. This tea is a caramel color. So who is pulling the oolong switch? I really don’t know. Maybe it’s because this is “Chinese” oolong and the other is a Japanese oolong? I need to do more tea research and get back to you on this one. Suffice it to say I don’t think the taste is worth the price of the box.

Angrboda

It could be differences in the degree of fermentation. The definition of oolong is pretty much just ‘partially fermented’ as opposed to the full fermentation of black tea. Some oolongs are closer to green tea in nature and some are closer to black tea in nature, so that might be the difference you’re noticing.

DylanAngel2001

Thank you so much! :) Very interesting.

Bigelow Tea

Angrboda...you're absolutely correct in saying oolong tea is "partially fermented" or semi-fermented, which falls inbetween a black tea and a green tea.....DylanAngel2001, sorry this flavor wasn’t your cuppa tea. If you’d ever like to try a sample prior to purchasing an entire box, please call us directly @ 1-888-244-3569 to request, okay?

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Wow I am really impressed at the quality. If I did not personally brew it from a teabag I would think somebody was puling my leg if they said that it was brewed from a teabag. The tea has a nice smooth dark roast oolong, if you enjoy dark roast TKY than you will like this tea, if nothing else as a nice travel tea when loose leaf tea is not an option.

brews as dark as a black tea, has a hint of smoke and spiciness that gives it more depth than I"d expect from a bagged oolong and makes it linger on the tongue.

Thoroughly enjoyable, albeit almost bland.

Love it! Nice dark brewing Oolong. I’ve found that I like it best steeped for upwards of 8-9 minutes. I know that sounds crazy, but instead of turning bitter like most anything else would, this tea stays smooth and opens up with some cherry/plum and smokey/toasty undertones.

8 min or more

Ever since my first cup,Oolong has always been one of my favorites. Despite being my favorite,Oolong wasn’t so great for me at first;but that’s what made me curious to try and let it grow on me. With risk came rewards and it was a delight. It’s always good to have some Oolong in your cupboard and Bigelow makes a good blend.

Not my favourite Oolong brand, but it’s always fresh and has a buttery flavour which is appealing to me. The problem is that if you over-steep it, it tastes like a mouthful of dirty grass mingled with an odour of cat pee. A quick 2-minute splash and it’s ready to go!