Plantation Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Bigelow

For three generations, the Bigelow family has specialized in creating a variety of deliciously different teas. In Plantation Mint, we use only the finest mountain-grown tea blended with natural spearmint. We hope you enjoy it.

About Bigelow View company

I like this tea! Sniffing the bag is very yummy… I love the smell of spearmint. I drank a cup of this with a peppermint brownie – it was delightful. I’ll drink it again!

Even though I normally don’t like spearmint, this stuff is great! It’s fresh, vibrant, and smooth with no bitterness.

I don’t mind the taste, but wish the smell wasn’t super strong.

Hello Steepster. Sorry I’ve been absent. Its not been my intention. I’m just very busy, and a little ill. My stomach is really choosy right now, making me loose my appetite, and not wanting more than a few bites. I didn’t want to try my usually beloved black tea, this morning, so my boyfriend rummaged and found some mint tea for me.
Good old mint tea. Does wonders for a jumpy stomach, and always makes me calmer. Its powerful stuff.

I really enjoyed this one.

I was after a green tea/ mint blend, but I ended up with this one instead. (Numi Organics has an herbal mint blend that they’re calling “Moroccan Mint.” That’s extremely misleading and inaccurate. True, traditional Moroccan mint tea is usually gunpowder green tea blended with mint leaves, and is called touareg tea. Needless to say, I left Numi’s bagged cultural disgrace on the shelf.)

In fact, the only non-herbal mint blend I could find was this one. And like I said, it isn’t half bad. Extremely smooth and soothing, with the right kind of tea-leaf magic that herbal teas just don’t have. The base and the mint are balanced perfectly.

My first sip of this tea was a bit disappointing; it tasted like I’d made a spearmint tisane. The underlying black tea was very weak. After “over steeping” it, however, I found that I had a smooth cup of black tea with the refreshing taste of spearmint. :)

The second steeping is much more black tea. There is just enough mint to have a nice refreshing tingle in the aftertaste.

Flavors: Spearmint

Um…this tea is okay, but it always reminds me of being sick. Its a little too much spearmint and not enough other flavors.

This tea weirds me out a little bit for political reasons. I suppose a plantation is just a place with plants, but I cannot help but associate it with America’s unhappy history in the slave trade. But the tea’s fine.

A good mint tea to keep on hand. Nothing too special, but enjoyable. Smells delightful! Just make sure you know it also has black tea.
Make sure to keep to the short steep time, as the flavor can come apart and be quite unpleasant otherwise.

Really great iced..so refreshing!