Plantation Mint

Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

2 Images

From Bigelow

Feeling like the market needed a refreshing mint tea, Eunice Bigelow took to the kitchen to create one of her first blends for the company. She started with a rich, flavorful black tea and then blended just the right amount of mint. One sip and you will see Award Winning Plantation Mint is clean and smooth with the perfect mint finish!

Ingredients: black tea, spearmint

Taste Profile: Strong refreshing spearmint with underlying mild smoky notes
Aroma: Enveloping aroma of soothing spearmint
Liquor: Dark amber
Recommended Temperature: 208º F

STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS
Be sure to start with fresh cold water and bring to a rolling boil. Pour over tea bag, steep for 4 minutes (or whatever time you like), remove bag (but no squeezing please!).

For Iced Tea by the Glass: Steep a little longer. Pour over ice.

About Bigelow View company

I like this tea! Sniffing the bag is very yummy… I love the smell of spearmint. I drank a cup of this with a peppermint brownie – it was delightful. I’ll drink it again!

Even though I normally don’t like spearmint, this stuff is great! It’s fresh, vibrant, and smooth with no bitterness.

It smelled so promising. The spearmint was a nice change from the usual peppermint. But (at least as a hot tea), the flavor combo of spearmint and black tea didn’t appeal to me.

I grabbed this one, after I read mention of it in a Rita Mae Brown book (one of the Sneaky Pie Bown books, can’t remember which one). A refreshing cuppa… I think I’ll try it iced this summer, I think it’ll be good. I haven’t tried any sweetener or milk in it.

Wow. The mint here definitely packs a wallop—a very strong, crisp, cooling mint flavor. No hint of the taste of black tea—it’s completely masked—not that that’s necessarily a bad thing. This will wake you up!

Flavors: Spearmint

I love this tea. In fact, this tea alone turned me from a coffee person to a coffee-and-tea person! I love spearmint and the spearmint is the most pronounced flavor and scent. The black tea gives it a nice earthiness that blends perfectly with the sweet and cool spearmint. I’ve only had it hot but I can imagine that this would make a beautiful iced tea.

Flavors: Spearmint

This was my mum’s favorite tea, so I didn’t get to taste it all that often. I used to steal a sip every once in a while, and was always astounded by the freshness in it. I knew it only as spearmint, not aware of it containing black and spearmint, because I never read the labels on the box.
My mom doesn’t buy it anymore, bent on spending less money, which is why my favorite brands of tea are lost to the ages, but she does still buy tea. A lot.
And spearmint is one of the types that I drink the most, surpassing even my green tea drinking. It’s our favorite tea, but I could never say no to a good cup of green, black, or chamomile.
I should write a review for spearmint alone, but my childish mind kept no track of what this one tasted like, other than the refreshing-ness.

Flavors: Mint, Spearmint

This tea is fragrant with mint right out of the packaging but it steeps into a nice black tea with a gentle mint flavor. A friend at work recommended this to me as one of her favorite teas . I’m not a huge mint fan, but it’s certainly nice every once in a while so I was glad for the recommendation.

Second Steep
8 ounces water + 212 degrees + 22 minutes

This isn’t a bad cup really, though I’m not sure it’s worth the extra steep. I can still taste the mint, but mostly it’s just a watered down cup of black tea.

Flavors: Mint

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s hard for me to find a BLACK mint tea that really hits the spot—I like a strong, crisp mint flavor—but this does it for me. The mint is clearly spearmint, so if that’s not a mint you like, steer clear of this. It’s really, really refreshing on ice.

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I don’t mind the taste, but wish the smell wasn’t super strong.