Plantation Mint

Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

2 Images

From Bigelow

Feeling like the market needed a refreshing mint tea, Eunice Bigelow took to the kitchen to create one of her first blends for the company. She started with a rich, flavorful black tea and then blended just the right amount of mint. One sip and you will see Award Winning Plantation Mint is clean and smooth with the perfect mint finish!

Ingredients: black tea, spearmint

Taste Profile: Strong refreshing spearmint with underlying mild smoky notes
Aroma: Enveloping aroma of soothing spearmint
Liquor: Dark amber
Recommended Temperature: 208º F

STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS
Be sure to start with fresh cold water and bring to a rolling boil. Pour over tea bag, steep for 4 minutes (or whatever time you like), remove bag (but no squeezing please!).

For Iced Tea by the Glass: Steep a little longer. Pour over ice.

About Bigelow View company

this is my go-to tea after having mint tea at a Mediterranean restaurant. its best sweetened with honey, but if you go cold with a large amount of it (like I normally do) i sweeten it with organic sugar.

Refreshing, nice to clean the palate or as a pick-me-up if you’re feeling hot or tired.

I gotta give this tea some respect. It’s starting to grow on me. I really like spearmint and this is the only readily-available blend with tea leaves and spearmint.

Very good. Sugar not needed.

I like to steep this with a Dilmah Hibiscus and Rosehip tea and drink it sweet and iced—Moroccan Iced Tea. ^_~ On its own, it’s a fair mint tea, but it’s a black tea with spearmint, so the flavour is nice, but not terribly strong.

This is okay. If I can’t find another mint tea, I’ll drink it, but I’m not too fond of the mix of mint flavors.

This tea is good for being cheap! I always drank it iced. It’s not a mild mint, it’s right in front! I prefer mint blends now, but it’s still a good, simple tea.

Saw this at work and decided to try it. Not too bad. Lots of mint, not much black. Enjoyable, but not an everyday drink.

Spearmint is a very nice change from peppermint. This tea gets extra points for the mint.

I don’t like mint tea. We keep it in the house for the boy.