Spiced Chai Decaffeinated

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

From Bigelow

Like the centuries-old traditional Chai of far-away India, Bigelow’s tantalizing blend of black tea with exotic spices beckons! Using only the finest tea from high-elevation gardens and premium spices, Bigelow has captured the mystery of Chai in each and every tea bag, carefully wrapped in a flavor experience every time you brew.

About Bigelow View company

I gotta cut back on caffeine later in the day – doctor’s orders! So I grabbed a couple of these from my mom. This is a decent find – for a bagged variety. I taste a spicy vanilla flavor. It’s smooth and bold, but not as peppy – which is good. I wouldn’t recommend first thing in the AM when you need your heart pumping but as a mid-afternoon wind-down, opt for this one.

TeaBrat

Ah – I know the feeling!

gmathis

Bigelow has long been my go-to for a decent bagged tea. Don’t think I’ve ever had anything (taking personal flavor dislikes into account) that wasn’t good.

Opened this by accident tonight. The smell in the tea bag was spicey.
The brew tastes exactly like the vanilla chai minus the vanilla.
Not bad for a decaffeinated tea. I enjoyed it!

I am not sure what makes this blend so awful (especially because I really like the regular vanilla chai by Bigelow), but it is terrible. This is one of the few teas I’ve tried one bag of and then given away (I usually give everything at least 2, maybe 3-4 tries before I decide I don’t care for it).

I buy this when I’m at a grocery store that doesn’t really have any other good decaf options. Like a lot of decaf black tea, it’s too weak and I have to use 2 bags per cup. When I do that, this makes a fine chai tea with milk and sugar. By itself it’s kinda bland, but I really like it with the milk.