Earl Grey

Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

Mehhhhhhhhh…at least going tea tasting today will make up for this crummy cuppa.

I spent the day manning a table at the graduation fair at the University I work for. It was FREEZING and tea was available – and this was the most palatable offering. It somehow tasted like lemon powdered sugar (!!!) but it kept me warm.

Alright, my new tea mission is using up my tea so I can easily justify buying more. To do this, I have to use up the many tea bags I have.

This tea is pretty good. I think that my taste for tea has developed recently and now this doesn’t taste strong enough – I suspect this is due to the quality I have been expecting after drinking so many loose leaf teas. The smell of the bergamot is still amazing though. I will be very interested in finding an Earl Grey loose leaf that is strong on the bergamot when I go shopping. I have dropped my rating just a bit – this isn’t what I was hoping for.

I always keep a box of this Earl Gray in the cupboard. It is the only Bigelow tea I consistently purchase. nothing standout about this tea, gets the job done. i enjoy with a touch of cream.

I like it. It has a nice floral taste. I’m not complaining. I’ll definitely drink it again.

I was feeling crummy today, so I went home early. I went to make a cup of tea and… the water was shut off! Once that was taken care of, I finally got to have my tea a few hours later. I grabbed a previously steeped bag of this out of our improvised teabag drying center (a.k.a. a couple plastic egg cartons with the tops cut off) and enjoyed a relaxing cup of Earl Grey. I love this brand, since it has the right amount of bergamot. Sometimes I add a dash of sugar, but not this time. I feel so much better now!

This is one of my favorite of the bag tea. It can also often be found on sale so I like to keep it on hand. It brews a rich color in a very short time. Often Earl Grey blends will be lopsided. With this you get a strong but pleasant black tea with the citrus bite of the bergamot at the end.

I was out at a restaurant for dinner tonight and hot tea (or several other drinks) came with the meal and I didn’t want to pay extra for a drink and I didn’t particularly feel like just plain water so I ordered the hot tea. My choices were scant because I really should start keeping some bags of my own tea in my purse for these occasions but of the 3(!) choices (earl grey, generic green, chamomile) this was the obvious winner so in the cup it goes.

Steeped a decent flavour the first time. Not a great flavour, but a drinkable one. Second steep came out with barely flavoured tea water so this was a one hit wonder. But even the first steep was pretty light on the flavour scale and didn’t hold up well to the additives so I can’t say I’m surprised, I just didn’t want to bother the waiter for more tea when I’d already called him over half a dozen times for other things.

Conclusion: start bringing tea bags to restaurants. How many other steepsters do this already?

Its really nice to drink for any day or cause ^^
It’s like a nice relaxing note for me and for any daily occasion

Bigelow Tea

Thanks so much for finding time to relax and enjoy our Earl Grey!
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Not the best Earl Grey that I’ve had. Nevertheless, I was pleased to finally have an Earl Grey after so long (2 days) without one. The Bergamot was noticeable, even when unopened. I decided to steep this one for about 5 minutes, and I liked the flavor of it. The only con I can think of is that it is not high quality tea. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for this tea.