Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

I didn’t like it at first, being more used to green tea, but as I drank more it grew on me! I put in two sugar packets, and it definitely tasted “sweetened” although I wouldn’t call it “sweet.” It seems like a nice way to re-energize for the evening ahead.

Bigelow Tea

Chris, so happy you gave our Earl Grey a try. Did you also know we offer this flavor with Green Tea? Our Earl Grey Green can be found in stores, as well as on our website: http://www.bigelowtea.com/Catalog/Product/36/3/31/Earl+Grey+Green+Tea.aspx
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This tea reminds me of my childhood. It is still in my mother’s cupboard! (but not mine.)

It fairly well defines mediocrity

Earl Grey is a classic – for years it was my favorite type of black tea. :) The refined but uplifting citrus aroma of bergamot really plays beautifully with black tea.

In my opinion Bigelow makes one of the most dependable bagged Earl Greys. Their version is not my favorite Earl Grey in the world, but it’s everywhere and it’s often the best offering available when you’re out and about, in some tiny store or a hotel. Nothing revolutionary here, but the bergamot vs. black tea balance is just right. The tea is not too harsh, the bergamot is not too soapy. It’s just yummy, slightly floral, dandyish (bergamot just makes me think of Victorian gentlemen, haha) lemony sweet bergamot blended into smooth black tea. Easy to drink, and makes me feel a bit nostalgic. I may be biased, because I had this tea pretty often when I was a child.

Perfect on the level of bergamot but the tea is dull, bitter, and depending on the batch pretty astringent.
It is the tea that started my addiction; my tastes have evolved since then.
Not too good but not disgusting.

I got this tea some what as a random gift a few weeks ago, I’ve been drinking my school’s Earl Grey (Not sure of the brand) for quite some time, but that simply tasted like generic black tea which I had assumed was what Earl Grey was a generic black tea, however after trying this tea its obvious my schools didn’t get it right, this has an amazing taste and the aroma of the bag prior to steeping smells distinctly of Froot Loops, which I thought was cool, esp because it tasted nothing of Froot Loops, which would be weird, this is definitely a tea I will be getting again.

Boiling 8 min or more

My favorite tea ever!

Great for sitting at the front desk, being called away from reception for an hour, and returning to find your cup not at all warm. I really craved caffeine, which is probably why its tepidity was not a hindrance to my enjoyment.

Possibly the worst EG on market, anywhere. Like drinking straight bergamot oil.

This is my all-time favorite tea. I started drinking this back in middle school after watching Captain Jean-Luc Picard order it aboard the Enterprise on Star Trek: The Next Generation. I generally fix this using my Sunbeam Tea Drop tea maker, which brews up to 28oz of tea.

Bigelow Tea

Mike, great to hear how much you enjoy our Earl Grey….thanks for being so loyal to Bigelow! Have you ever tried Earl Grey Green?

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

I expressed interest in this one after trying some other Bigelow teas and mom surprised me with it one day. I don’t exactly need more EGs, but I always appreciate them.

This one is pretty decent. The bergamot in it is actually perfect, just the right amount and intensity of fruit for my taste. The tea itself is bright, just a little astringent, and very nice for bagged. I wish it had a little more kick to it, because the aftertaste is slightly watery, but it’s still surprisingly good. I don’t think I touched this company until this year but I’m impressed by their consistency. Everything I’ve tried so far I would drink again.