Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

I didn’t like it at first, being more used to green tea, but as I drank more it grew on me! I put in two sugar packets, and it definitely tasted “sweetened” although I wouldn’t call it “sweet.” It seems like a nice way to re-energize for the evening ahead.

Bigelow Tea

Chris, so happy you gave our Earl Grey a try. Did you also know we offer this flavor with Green Tea? Our Earl Grey Green can be found in stores, as well as on our website: http://www.bigelowtea.com/Catalog/Product/36/3/31/Earl+Grey+Green+Tea.aspx
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

This tea reminds me of my childhood. It is still in my mother’s cupboard! (but not mine.)

It fairly well defines mediocrity

Earl Grey is a classic – for years it was my favorite type of black tea. :) The refined but uplifting citrus aroma of bergamot really plays beautifully with black tea.

In my opinion Bigelow makes one of the most dependable bagged Earl Greys. Their version is not my favorite Earl Grey in the world, but it’s everywhere and it’s often the best offering available when you’re out and about, in some tiny store or a hotel. Nothing revolutionary here, but the bergamot vs. black tea balance is just right. The tea is not too harsh, the bergamot is not too soapy. It’s just yummy, slightly floral, dandyish (bergamot just makes me think of Victorian gentlemen, haha) lemony sweet bergamot blended into smooth black tea. Easy to drink, and makes me feel a bit nostalgic. I may be biased, because I had this tea pretty often when I was a child.

Perfect on the level of bergamot but the tea is dull, bitter, and depending on the batch pretty astringent.
It is the tea that started my addiction; my tastes have evolved since then.
Not too good but not disgusting.

I got this tea some what as a random gift a few weeks ago, I’ve been drinking my school’s Earl Grey (Not sure of the brand) for quite some time, but that simply tasted like generic black tea which I had assumed was what Earl Grey was a generic black tea, however after trying this tea its obvious my schools didn’t get it right, this has an amazing taste and the aroma of the bag prior to steeping smells distinctly of Froot Loops, which I thought was cool, esp because it tasted nothing of Froot Loops, which would be weird, this is definitely a tea I will be getting again.

Boiling 8 min or more

My favorite tea ever!

Great for sitting at the front desk, being called away from reception for an hour, and returning to find your cup not at all warm. I really craved caffeine, which is probably why its tepidity was not a hindrance to my enjoyment.

Possibly the worst EG on market, anywhere. Like drinking straight bergamot oil.

This is my all-time favorite tea. I started drinking this back in middle school after watching Captain Jean-Luc Picard order it aboard the Enterprise on Star Trek: The Next Generation. I generally fix this using my Sunbeam Tea Drop tea maker, which brews up to 28oz of tea.

Bigelow Tea

Mike, great to hear how much you enjoy our Earl Grey….thanks for being so loyal to Bigelow! Have you ever tried Earl Grey Green?

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

1945 tasting notes

So after a day out with Kristina prior to the concert we met up with two of her friends right before out went out for supper. Both of her friends, Garett (I might be spelling that wrong) and Travis were really nice and very welcoming; although we didn’t have much in common other than Kristina.

We went out to a local cafe on the same block (I’d been before; it’s a nice place – kinda styled to be like an old fashioned Diner). Kristina got stew, Garett got Fish & Chips, Travis went with fries and a coke, and I couldn’t resist breakfast for supper; so toast, eggs, hash browns, and a cup of EG. Obviously this was not the most quality EG blend – but it was good enough for the situation, and I wasn’t expecting top class from the restaurant anyway. I’ve learned not to do that.

Kristina’s friend Garett very kindly paid for all of our food, which just blew me away. It was a really, really nice gesture. And then, after that we headed off to the show. We got there at about 7:30PM, but the band didn’t actually start playing until like 9:30 – so for a while we just kinda hung out and talked, and everyone checked out the band merchandise.

Travis actually ended up paying for my ticket to the show since he hadn’t had to pay for his supper (I felt like everyone was being really nice ‘cause I was so uncomfortable and out of my depth just being there), but then because he’d done that he didn’t have the cash to get the band shirt he wanted – so I paid for that since I hadn’t had to pay for a thing all night at this point. I didn’t mind doing it ‘cause even if I didn’t enjoy the style of music we were seeing so much, everyone else did – and only a cut of ticket sales goes to the band; but merch. goes straight to them so probably the best way to support ’em.

We met up later with Kristina’s cousin; he seemed nice and really intellectual. He’s from Regina, like Kristina and I, but just recently moved to Saskatoon. Once the music really got going they all migrated up to the front of the stage, but I stayed and hung out at the back – and proceeded to drink, a lot. From about 10:00PM to 2:00AM when the concert ended, I had a constant stream of Fuzzy Navels in front of me. Kristina originally offered to hang out with me sitting down, but I know that’s not her thing so I insisted she go head bang right up at the front of the stage like I knew she wanted to do.

That’s just not me; even if this hadn’t of been a Metal Concert I’ve never been that person who wants to get up close and personal with the band; I much prefer to sit back and do my own thing. But as it was, the concert was a Metal one and most of it just sounded very loud and like screaming to me, but with a pretty good beat overall. It got better the more alcohol was in my system, that’s for sure.

For a while there was a moshpit going; basically everyone I was with was in it. It was small, but intense. Kristina ended up bruised pretty well everywhere from the waist down (like deep, intense bruises), Garett had this MASSIVE red bruise right between his eyes, and Travis wound up with this huge gouge under his right eyes and a killer black eye as well (it was already starting to go super purple and look swollen at the end of the night). Plus it was of course very, very loud. There would be moments between songs or when bands were switching over (five people played) where no music was going, and everything had that half/deaf tunnel sound – if I could hear at all. Some moments I was pretty much totally deaf (and I was at the very far back of the club); can’t imagine what it was like up front. And they were all just so happy about it.

I have to say though, out of everything last night there was a pretty awesome moment when the headlining band played something I recognized! Here’s the link to it on Youtube, so you can all enjoy it too:

Again, nothing against Metal music AT ALL but man that’s not my kind of thing. Though if I learned anything, it was that Metal Heads are super, super welcoming to Newbs like me, and really nice people. Lots of people can get snobby or protective about their music, but they were all like “Hey, Welcome! Come on in – here’s what’s going down tonight! Get involved and love it!”.

… And after all that we went home to my place where we promptly fell asleep ’cause Kristina was coming off her Adrenaline rush and I had to be at work in six hours. Blah.

Indigobloom

Sounds like a blast!! well except for the bruising part. You have good friends :)

Roswell Strange

**Under his right eye; he does not have multiple right eyes.